Discussions of punishment guidelines changes

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • Hello all,

Tomorrow, new changes in punishment guidelines will take effect. You can read more here.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• What about accounts who were banned in the past week for buying resources and getting a small punishment of only 25% pop reduction (EXCLUDING cropfields) ?

Lets be real here, that punishment is a joke on its own..

Many .nl servers 🙅🏻‍♂️

NoMercyy | comb | 2014

msB |Winner of com2 | GUNNERZ | 2017/18

msB | com3 | PP | 2018/19

Nomercy | comx | IDTS | 2019 winter

msB |Winner of com2 | TEN | 2019/20

• lol I thought I was going crazy....click here for more info....click here for more info, just in a loop.

Feels like I'm talking to a customer service rep at my phone company.

The artist formerly known as Disney Princess

Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...

The Three Amigos!

• As usual, the big time cheaters will go through the net and only smaller players will be punished. Among them some will be innocent too. TG is the first one to break the rules, since it is stated in their rules not to use a modified browser when TG themselves do modify the browser's behavior.

For example,

1) the auto-completion was enabled before last change, it is not anymore, hence everyone must type coords for villages when sitting an account without Gold Club if they want to ship res. to another village. Why is that, if not to urge players to buy the damn Gold Club?

2) Before, it was possible to get out of BP and raid, hence losing BP. Now, it is not possible to choose to end BP, and the only things you can raid during this time are oasis, which require either big buying on auctions, or cheating with techs / multiaccounts.

3) Before you got 500 CP holding a small celebration in townhall, now it is much less at start, and yet some players get their 2nd village faster than BP ends.

So I'm wondering... Are those changes real changes or just enough changes from TG's strategy in order to quiet down those who are not happy with the way changes are performed ? Because do not wonder about it : those changes are actually performed as long as TG put your golds in their pockets, not in any way are they made to please you.

Move on ! Circulez : y a rien à voir

• Appealing and challenging a punishment should always be on the table, natural law applies in this. In addition, you should at least submit irrefutable proof of rules being broken. I have been involve in a case of accounts banning any you were simply not capable to present proof of, yet the account was penalised for something you could not prove. Queck.
    good luck with this, you will need it.

• Appealing and challenging a punishment should always be on the table, natural law applies in this. In addition, you should at least submit irrefutable proof of rules being broken. I have been involve in a case of accounts banning any you were simply not capable to present proof of, yet the account was penalised for something you could not prove. Queck.
    good luck with this, you will need it.

I agree with you. They just write "Others" as the ban reason. When you contact with the customer services, you can't get any help or you get very very late response. The game is so fast (even in x1 servers) you can miss so much things by 1 or 2 days. Thus, this is really needed.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4238656a7767512e6a7067

Fear who fears nothing!

• Hi I have a question about guidelines for banning and punishments.

Last Birthday 2x server on .COM (the one that just ended) there was a player who was banned and lost ALL troops (whilst holding the biggest hammer in server) & 50% of all pop, and all warehouse/granary removed on his second offense.

Yet there were players who were banned 3x times, and didnt have deletion of troops, and had total of 30% pop removed doing the EXACT same offense. (one of which was banned until thursday and was back to #1 raider by end of week due to this cheating BECAUSE he kept his troops after ban)

Even his sitter who was doing the exact same time got nowhere near the same punishment.

While I do not condone any cheating and have been a MH in the past, I think there should be some sort of "same punishment" for the same offenses which are clearly shown or something. Otherwise it just leads players to think there is biased behaviour depending on which side/alliance you're on in the server.

I dont care if all get deleted, or if all get 30% - but for some to get 30% and others 50% for same offense and number of offenses, or some to keep all their troops and others to have all removed, seems idiotic to me.

Smart Idiots

RR - ROGUE RUNNERS

.COM Birthday Servers
    Also known as: poxtops, Lady Killer, Basher, NoName, Odin
    Previous alliances: Exile, TM, Fools, Heathens

• Multiaccounting, external raiding or timing software, tech accounts, Travian is full of these diseases and the number of fair player leaving this game will increasing more and more.

Everytime our players contact the game support, because of violation of the rules, we get the answers "we can't do anything" or "can you proof the violation of the rules". This is unacceptable.

You really need to find a solution for that problem with multiaccounting. Otherwise you loose the fair gamers

• I question the timing of all these changes. With many places going through a second wave of COVID. This seems a bit of traditional German cold hardheartedness.

• I don't know why do you make these rules for ?

You know that it is impossible to attack on marches without handing yor account passowrd to the coordintor to launch fakes and actual attacks on same time for all players. And you also know that it is impossible to attack in any way but marching with other member to disoriant the defending troops (aka mass number of techs troops).

Either you make an easier way to march or cancel this rule as you canceled the rule of playing for others benifit.

• COUNTER ATTACK
    First point.
    How bad are your players that they cannot land at specific times, or within a second or two? That is a very basic Travian skill. I would suggest you go defense until you master it.
    Second point.
    Sharing passwords is true multi-accounting. And anyone that does it deserves whatever punishment Travian metes out to them. Reputable leaders would not do it, nor allow it in their alliance.

• Excel

It is not just about the skills.

We have a life stuff to do.

Like sleeping and working and family time at different time zones.

Also, some times we have occasions to attend and sickness times etc.

It is a habbit that we give our passowrd to someone (one/two or more coordinators) who is available and capable to coordinate mass attacks on the same second to multi targets (some times we target 30 fields with more than 20 accounts, that is more than 600 launches to do at the same arrival time with 0 second tolerance ), and it is hard to set all these attacks individually as some players maybe sleeping or working ..etc at the launching time.

• You exactly describe multiaccounting. If your players have no time to send attacks, then that is the problem of your alliance to fix the gaps, but with legal ways. To share password with the leaders of your alliance to send mass attacks, is a violation of the rules and extremely unfair for the defending alliance.

Ridder Huma Now, the Travian Responsibles can continue to ignore the multiaccounting in a big style. They even admit to do it.

• I don't condone multiaccounting, yet all alliances hold the password of an account which has been abandoned, waiting for a new owner.

I am more worried about all these "star" players who can only become "stars" by cheating, getting resources that they didn't earn themselves. Those are crap stars, just like some gold coin which is in reality crap with a golden color on the outside.

But here, we are talking about punishment. I find it very disturbing that players cannot defend themselves. They are never given a chance to : TG found them guilty, so TG punishes them without providing the slightest shred of evidence.

- TG bans

- TG judges

- TG punishes.

In IRL, this would NEVER be tolerated, even in dictaturial countries

Move on ! Circulez : y a rien à voir

• and it is hard to set all these attacks individually as some players maybe sleeping or working ..etc at the launching time.

Hence why any proper team playing legitimately will make sure to plan attacks according to each player's online times. It's not rocket science.

But here, we are talking about punishment. I find it very disturbing that players cannot defend themselves. They are never given a chance to : TG found them guilty, so TG punishes them without providing the slightest shred of evidence.

- TG bans

- TG judges

- TG punishes.

In IRL, this would NEVER be tolerated, even in dictaturial countries

Any game developer reserves the exact same rights to punish accounts. Go to any game, and the same will be the case.

TG is the first one to break the rules, since it is stated in their rules not to use a modified browser when TG themselves do modify the browser's behavior.

For example,

1) the auto-completion was enabled before last change, it is not anymore, hence everyone must type coords for villages when sitting an account without Gold Club if they want to ship res. to another village. Why is that, if not to urge players to buy the damn Gold Club?

2) Before, it was possible to get out of BP and raid, hence losing BP. Now, it is not possible to choose to end BP, and the only things you can raid during this time are oasis, which require either big buying on auctions, or cheating with techs / multiaccounts.

3) Before you got 500 CP holding a small celebration in townhall, now it is much less at start, and yet some players get their 2nd village faster than BP ends.

:? This has nothing to do with you browser's behaviour. You can complain about the later things, but yea, nothing to do with browser.

To those complaining that nothing is specified in the announcement post: what punishments are for various infractions has never been made public, and will never be. What you can focus on though is:

Please be aware that repeated offenses for password sharing and multiaccounts will be punished more severely and can now lead to the deletion of all the accounts that are linked to the violation, without the possibility to choose which account to keep.

i.e. punishments are harsher than they were before, and now multi account owners can lose their primary account too (this was never the case before).

Last Birthday 2x server on .COM (the one that just ended) there was a player who was banned and lost ALL troops (whilst holding the biggest hammer in server) & 50% of all pop, and all warehouse/granary removed on his second offense.

Yet there were players who were banned 3x times, and didnt have deletion of troops, and had total of 30% pop removed doing the EXACT same offense. (one of which was banned until thursday and was back to #1 raider by end of week due to this cheating BECAUSE he kept his troops after ban)

Even his sitter who was doing the exact same time got nowhere near the same punishment.

Only thing I can think of would be if one account did whatever offense it did more severely than the other account. Otherwise punishments are indeed standarized (which was also a big part of TG changing to the new RET setup instead of MH system before).