My Resignation as Anglosphere Ambassador

• Dear Community,

I write to you today to inform you that early last week I resigned as Anglopshere Ambassador. I did not make this decision lightly but felt it was necessary given my circumstances. I have neither the time nor the passion to effectively fulfill this role any longer and this is an action I should have taken some time ago. My life isn't the same it was when I was first elected to represent Anglosphere in 2019 which makes my free time more limited. At the same time the vigor I once felt serving as Ambassador has evaporated due to a combination of factors. This role is a difficult one as I have had to balance community interest with my own, as well as the Game Center. In addition I had to greatly temper expectations regarding change due to limited resources to implement them and the severe disparity between interests of stakeholders (Anglosphere, other communities, Travian).

I think Legends on Tour and the Ambassador program have achieved perceptible improvements to the game but I believe there remains significant potential on the table. I hope my successor (if and when they are chosen, I have no idea if this going to occur) is capable of pushing for that potential to be achieved. I hope that the changes we desperately need are achieved quickly and we see this game continue to live on far into the future.

I am currently playing a server but I do not know how active I will be on the forum / regarding discussions about game improvements going forward. I still have pages of documents, spreadsheets and pieces of paper with hand written notes about ideas to improve the game but as I said I just do not quite have the same passion for it any longer. After this current server is over I may also return to retirement but only time will tell. In the meantime please feel free to reach out to me and if I am able I will respond. You can reach me on Discord at BlackBlade#8553 or on the forum. I will leave the Anglosphere Ambassador discord server up for the time being until I hear whether another will replace me. They may find it useful to take over.

Thank you to everyone for your support over the last two years.

BlackBlade

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• Head up champ, you did good, regardless of some disagreements I had with your ideas sometimes.

Even after all the shit I gave you, there's no denying that the passion and dedication you had for this role was on another level.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Vrba

For it is he that they fear, not man or his armies. They fear the mark of the beast.

Ah shit, here we go again...

Post was edited 1 time, last by Great Slayer ().

• Thank you. I'm glad you signed your name, you are on what, your fourth forum name now? :D

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

970x250_5Tribes.png