Discussions - New Task System

• We will soon begin testing the New Task System on PTR, read more ➡️ here.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• This seems hopeless. There need to be less tasks, the game resources and hero influences need to decrease dramatically- or costs of everything, including crop count, should increase.

The games start is already way too quick since, the tasks been introduced. The very small tasks prior to 3.2 was perfect (e.g. a field to level 3, lvl 1 of everything etc.). Just a little bit of resources and that's it.

Costs should matter, and resources should be a hard restriction to progress, and decisions you make should matter.

Another disadvantage of tasks is they force a certain game play, reducing freedom of choise, and repressing creativity.

I can't think of a reason why you would introducd tasks. The beauty of the game was it's simplicity. Make updates that are simple, and stay true to it's core. Instant gratification is only fun on the short term, but significantly reduces long term satification.

Gebruik jolijt wanneer gij zijt in uwe jonge jaren

• My opinion about this new system:

The difference between golders and non golders getting pretty obvious. It is way to overpowered to give every village a reward system that increments every hero level.

For example I settled a village, bought 500 gold and within 1 hour it was maxed out with maximum production. Just by spending reward rescources in the village I earned another reward that payed for a new reward.

The hero is useless nowadays with everyone having it over level 50 and maxing out fighting strenght and rescource production.

This new update might be intended to let new players develop more quicker, its resulting in that gold buyers are more overpowered then ever before and making the gap even bigger then it ever was before.

Please bring back the old system like it was before.

Day 15 on a 1x speed server, 4 villages and not even more then 1000 attack + defense points -> https://prnt.sc/vqtn4e

:teu09: Element 115 | comX Summer :rom09: Pino | PTR Spring