New Task System - Feedback thread

• This is list of things that are actually broken:

1. Clicking the forum icon from within the PTR server does not redirect to the forum but just to your village.

2. The rewards are way too high. Especially the hero levelling is going to be an issue. These heroes will have high power early game and thus every bucket will be so much better that deffing with troops will be nearly impossible. Now I know deffing with troops was bad practice anyway, you usually want to use your hero and save troops, but now the less active players will always get raided and lose tons of troops to a single hero.

3. Tasks should be split into: military, resource, infra, and general.

3.1 Tasks should be ordered in such a way that "all fields" quests should be below the individual field quests.

4. These tasks will reward early gold usage too much. Auto complete will play too big of a role in early game advantages.

Possible solutions:

- Reward gold or silver. (Might act as an enabler for silver fraud.)

- Reward autocomplete "vouchers".

- Reward construction time reduction "vouchers".

These "vouchers" could be stored in hero inventory like the resources are.

5. There should be tasks for non building related things just like in the old system. Examples:

- Joining alliance

- Making troops

- Researching troops

- Adventures

- Reports

Basically all the things a newbie needs to understand the basics of the game.

6. Hero power leveling with the task system + heal on level up allows you to clear oases like crazy. Aside from the obvious balance issue, this will probably promote a lot of multi usage.

7. Residence task should have a break point at 10, not at 12

8. Another way people are going to abuse the new system. Off players will have their multis make hero mansions and have their main account raid the oasis. After they launched, but before they land, their multi will annex the oasis, resulting in loads of raided resources.

9. Field tasks are too rewarding for all fields 7, 8, 9, 10 compared to fields 4. Either reduce 7-10 and add 5 and 6 or remove 8 and 9 and slightly increase 10.

10. It is NOT worth it anymore to chief. You take over the quests from the other player, you don't get rewards from buildings already completed. It is just not worth it given the fact that settling a new village gives you enough resources to get the village to roughly 500pop.

So these are the things that I'd say are problematic right now.

It seems that this new task system is still very basic and I assume you want to expand on this idea a lot more so here are some of my ideas as what should be avoided:

- CP rewards. To be more precise, CP rewards that would allow a player to settle within, lets say, 72 hours. Travian Kingdoms has quest rewards that allow you to settle within 24h and that is absolutely broken, loads of people hate that system. Please avoid such a situation. Edit, we're already in a similar kind of situation. I'll be able to settle tomorrow, I think around 8PM. Probably could have been quite a bit sooner. I think with this system you can settle your 2nd in 36 hours.

- Troops as rewards. There will be too many people complaining about balance issues with this type of stuff.

- Rewards > costs. These are fine for the first few quests but should be avoided later on since it will become too much of a snowball mechanic. If you were to reduce the rewards in general then I doubt this will be an issue.

- Tribe dependent rewards. Every tribe should get the same rewards. If you have a quest to research a unit, even though the research costs are different per tribe, the reward should be the same. Note that the wall is an exception to this concept since wall costs are (roughly) equal for each tribe.

- People who make multis just to cash in the huge rewards right when their main account is about to raid them. Again something we've seen too often in Kingdoms.

Finally here are some things that I like and would like:

The quest system can be a very powerful tool to combat some of the current issues in the game.

The start is often too slow for people, this system resolves that issue.

The first week advantage of Teutons (raiding oases) is slightly reduced since now everyone can easily clear oases with the hero, not just teutons with clubbies. This might benefit the Romans a bit too much, but we'll see.

People who start a few days late might feel less behind now with this system. Now here is something that can be really powerful and could bring a lot of joy to many players. You could couple the rewards to server age. This will create a "catch-up" mechanic that will help various types of players. One week into the server and you already know you won't be able to survive in your current location? Just re-roll, the quest system will soften your setback. Weren't sure whether you wanted to play a certain server but now you kinda do? Quest system got your back. Want to switch tribe for whatever reason? Restart, quests will help you.

Post was edited 9 times, last by Wychor ().

• What ever happened to the old non building tasks?:

- gold, statistics, surrounding reports, attack oasis, make troops, send hero on adventures, etc?

.pt4: :teu01:/.fr3: :rom02:/.fr6: :rom03:/.ptp: :egy02:/.ag7: :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: :hun01:/.ag4: :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: :egy02:/.ts20xv: :hun01:/ .ag3: :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• its not very good

the heros in 1h with gold can be 19lvl :||

and very fast raid and teutans can very fast train clubs for this tasks

i think this task is very good for teutans

but why delete the 20gold ??

its very bad men

i cant using gold and only 10 gold can i get from the task :(

and gold club is 100gold :|

so i cant use it with out buy gold

please change it

thanks <3

• Reduce/Remove the amount of XP per task, there is no reason for a hero to be level 19 within the first hours of a server.

This way you also tweek the amount of resources you get per task.

I don't think you have the facilities for that, Big Man.

• Reduce/Remove the amount of XP per task, there is no reason for a hero to be level 19 within the first hours of a server.

This way you also tweek the amount of resources you get per task.

Yes

A 19lvl hero

is very high for 12h of early game

i think this task is for speed server :D

because in normal

a teuton player can raid very high with out loss his/her clubs

but its good for romans and gauls

but beter for teutons

the hight resourse can be make a gold play ( pay to win) server

because only time can be a problem to pop

• In the old servers, users get rewarded A LOT for the first few bucks they spend:

- Gold club: cheap one-time investment that's highly valuable

- Plus account, production bonus, NPC trade: fairly priced continuous investment that's reasonably useful

- Auto complete and others: expensive

There's a diminishing return so even if you spend $1000 in a server, you don't have too much an advantage over others. If you don't want to spend money, you can still enjoy the game; if you buy ~1000 gold (what I usually do), you get a pretty good game experience.

In the new task system, the more you spend, the faster you develop: 400+ population plus lv19 hero on the first day if you auto complete all the buildings. There's NO WAY for no-gold players to compete here. Travian is going to become a pay-to-win game and lose many players like me.

My suggestion:

- The bonus reward based on hero level is counter-intuitive. The task system reward is meant to help players develop their villages in the beginning, not to be a majority part of their income during the entire game (or the first few months).

- Reduce (or remove) the hero experience bonus.

• I can settle in 6h. This is not okay.

Then you are already below 36h. I myself kinda played it slow to read/document everything and had some RL stuff to do but even I can settle tomorrow morning. I believe it is possible to settle in 24h -26h easily.

W6 2020 - Lockdown - Havoc Squad™ - TtP

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)

• The new task system rewards you too much from buying gold. In the old system, by buying gold you could finish your constructions immediately, and that gave you some advantage. However, the resources would run out in a few hours. This new task system gives you almost unlimited resources on the first day, so the ones who can not (or does not want to) pay for immediate completion will fall behind way more that what they used to.

• The new task system rewards you too much from buying gold. In the old system, by buying gold you could finish your constructions immediately, and that gave you some advantage. However, the resources would run out in a few hours. This new task system gives you almost unlimited resources on the first day, so the ones who can not (or does not want to) pay for immediate completion will fall behind way more that what they used to.

Thats not true. Massive amounts of gold were more impactful before. Now you don't need cages, gladiator helmet etc. which rewarded crazy high gold usage. But you still have a point since with this system low or no gold players are absolutely fucked and will fall far behind. I will see tomorrow what quests are there in a second village and only then make my conclusion.

As it stands now, to settle you would need about 500g to gold everything.

• Did you checked if there are new global tasks?

• Sorry for Double Post, Just wanted to say that I have different tasks in my second Village.

• Different from mine or different from your 1st?

I am about to change capitals so we'll see if that will make a difference. Edit: no difference

Also, can someone from the travian staff please confirm that they read this page?

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wychor ().

I am about to change capitals so we'll see if that will make a difference. Edit: no difference

Also, can someone from the travian staff please confirm that they read this page?

We are reading and is forwarding feedback to Game Center.

Many of the tasks for settled villages is the same as those for the spawn village. There is no difference by changing capitals.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

different from yours or you didn't posted all

• I'm not on the test server, but I'm curious about the new task system. I understand that by golding up everything, some players have settled a second village in around 30 hours. I'm interested to know how long it will take to reach v2 for players who aren't using gold (or at least aren't insta-completing everything). Will it take 7-8 days, as with the old task system? Or will non-gold players be able to settle within 3-4 days, which would still keep them reasonably close to heavy gold users?