New Task System - Feedback thread

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • Lets assume the non-gold user would be active 24-7
    I think romans can do it in 3 days, teutons and gauls will need at least 1 more day.

You can switch your hero to whatever resource you need as build time is the limiting factor, not resources. That would cost you 20% of your hero production, but it would mean you aren't dependent on NPC.

• These tasks remind me of Kingdoms. But I forgot most of those since I didn't stay long there. Anyone here who could compare the two?

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• I agree with the feedback already posted by other people. So I'll restrain myself from repeating it.

I'll summarize: Reward system rewards should be toned down by atleast 50% regarding to resources.

It would be good to have requirements before being able to proceed with next lvl tasks being other tasks,

and new tasks that will reward gold +25% PLUS etc. Task that show new players around in all the screen and basic handlings of the game.

However I do have a question , the hero experience gained from the task system is it impacted by the hero helmet of Awareness/ Enlightenment/ Wisdom ?

I can see the fact that this reward system goes for every new village to become quite a income thing. Since a maxed hero will give you 990% extra bonus... lvling all fields to 8 would give you 295680 resources(Task:Complete economy lvl1-8) it costs roughly 400-500k to bring all fields to 8 => there are other tasks that also provide resources for fields => You would be able to instant finish fields in each new village. Basicly a heavy gold player would summon cities insta ready.

Behold the glory behold the wonder, What we have made shall not be torn asunder, Such vast achievement stone and papyrus, Beneath the gaze of Isis and Osiris, Land of majesty, Where the heavens smile, Jewel of history shining, By the Nile

• These tasks remind me of Kingdoms. But I forgot most of those since I didn't stay long there. Anyone here who could compare the two?

https://wiki.kingdoms.com/tiki-index.php?page=Quests

As I listed. Kingdoms has some problematic quests, their CP rewards allow you to settle within 24h (1st vil requires 1k CP and you start with 0)

Combine that with an overcrowded map, can't really play with cropper unless you take the tuesday afternoon and wednesday morning of server start off to settle.
    Oh and gauls can settle ~2h faster cause of cheaper settlers and lower training time.

Is that for 2nd vil? Cause 2nd vil tasks are different.

• Then by all means, post your quests.

He I am very sorry didn't logged in until now since I currently have no time and only play here as preparation for future servers.

Below my quests, I setteled a 7c. I assume the quests differ regarding the village types.

W6 2020 - Lockdown - Havoc Squad™ - TtP

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)

• Oh hi sheev

And no, they don't differ based on vil type. That is why those with 4446 grow so much faster, they get the pop boost easier cause their fields give more pop.

• Then maybe i misunderstood you since you posted a way lower amount of quests for your second Village.

If there are no crazy rewards for the global tasks, TLDR for this system is:

You need to Gold to bei relevant so Low/no gold user are screwed.

Crazy high gold usage (basically buying everything from the AH) ist nerfed since you don't need it anymore.

I don't Like it since the Task system should be good for new players and not be exploitable by people Like Wychor or me. On a regular Server I would send settlers after 24h guaranteed. And the worst Part is it IS deterministic. So 0 Skill you just need the right order.

I need a day or two to think how this is fixable.

• (sorry for double post)

Dear all,

so after testing the server start it seems there is not much more to explore on the new task system so here is basically my feedback. I believe it is important to make suggestions because it is hard to improve on the feedback "this is shit".

Please keep in mind this is my opinion, I try to stay as neutral as possible but I am just a human.

First of all I want to lay the groundwork of what scope we are talking about. This will have influence on the following things:

- trade

- early farming

- auction house (gold use in general)

- new player friendliness

This is due to the fact that the new system gives you basically two things:

1. Massive amount of ressources to the point that you would hurt your developement if you build troops, since the time you need to make the investment back is too high.

2. Lots of Hero experience.

As a reference point, you can have a full 7 field village with over 300 CP production and a small party running basically within the first hour of the server. Additionally the Hero level at this point would actually be lv 19 which means 3600 ress/h (with +25% running) alone from the hero if you go full on ressource production. Furthermore you will cap out your Hero ress production within only a few days (need lvl 24 for it). My calculations say that you still need the +50CP reward from the daily quest to settle which means people will send settlers shortly after 24h of server time.

At this point a lot of people jump to the conclusion everything sucks but I believe we need to digest what parts of the system are problematic and how can we fix this.

1. Establishing goals

First of all we need to think about what the aims of the task systems were and what the feedback of the community was. Since TG to my knowledge doesn't do developement manifestos I can only take into account what i read on the forums and the LoT documents. A new task system was multiple times requested since the old one was very basic and had only impact within the first week of the game. I believe the community request here had the goal in mind that the task system should guide newer players to the point that they have a easier time to figure out how to build a working account and most people didn't wanted a radical new one but the old one extended. Additionally I want to include the discussion about Gold, here people are complaining about pay to win and about high entry barriers for newer players who want to try out the game but don't want to invest money in a game they don't know yet (and additionally is getting advertised as free to play).

2. What does the new system do well?

Because of the above stated reason this system has a massive influence on the early game part of the game. It may feel weird but the higher hero level actually helps to adress the influence of accounts dumping 500-1000€ on the first server week to buy gladiator helmet, ointments, cages and books to level their hero and assist with early farming. Those playstyles will now have a lesser influence and would be possible without the high gold usage since the hero is so much stronger.

3. What does the system doesn't do well?

While reducing the influence of high gold at the same time the disadvantage of low gold players grows a lot higher. This is due to the fact that you profit massively from the ressource rewards which means you "chase" completing the rewards asap and how you do that? Yes, golding buildings. People who invest about 500g for the early game are competitive while settling, people who don't gold will probably settle when the first players have 3 or more villages. Additionally the tasks in every additional village create a situation that you are even more rewarded for golding everything and settling more and more villages. This combined with the hero giving more rewards the higher level he is very easily can snowball out of hand.

The tasks itself sadly lost its meaning and not gained much depth. Now you have a "building plan" for your first village without much explanation and with the removing of tasks for building troops, introducing menues and maps etc. it even is a a downgrade for newer players. I can not see how people will learn anything from this system other than build alongside the tasks for rewards. The quests itself are sometimes very questionable and seem just copy pasted to the different buildings (why having a reward for residence lvl 12???).

The high amount of ressources in your hero inventory are very nice for players cheating and abusing the system. After beginners protection you will see people having massive farm spikes or even have people trading the ressources and pushing hard.

To conclude this game makes everything it touches worse for newer players and was clearly not developed with this goal in mind. Player like me who gold a lot but don't go "too far with it" will benefit greatly. I believe it will divide the playerbase even more and don't really know what else to say tbh....

4. How can we fix/improve the system?

a. Remove the tasks in every village and instead improve the general tasks.

b. Introduce new tasks for integrate parts of the game (Building troops, Making trade routes, Having X Amount of villages etc.) in the general tasks. Here long term tasks are needed too (for example having 10k troops in one village or make a full maxed out great party).

c. Tune down Hero Experience and hero level scaling but don't remove it (probably around 50% - 60% from my feeling, Hero should maybe reach lvl 10 and not much more).

d. Look over every task and improve them logiacally (residence, bakery etc.).

e. Tune down Ressource rewards and maybe disable parties within the first 4 days of the Server (trust me this hurts me the most I am a early party guy :( )

f. Implement Quests that give about 100-150g reward and +25% production and Plus within beginners protection. This is for players that normaly would not buy any gold and to lessen the gap at the start. Also great opportunity to introduce gold to the game. :P

Lastly I want to address the term "deterministic" this means there is one best building order everybody should follow no matter what. In an ideal world this should not exist. The new system sadly is very deterministic, for the future I would maybe fokus a bit on fixing that.

So, what do you think on my take, did I missed something?

Best,

IMDubzs

( xTyrell   Scyllo tagged for visibility)

• a. No. Reduce village rewards, increase general rewards.

b. No. Building troops is bad idea, too many balance issues. Trade routes, not really needed. Having X amount of villages, pop and cp quests are better.

c. Yes. Lvl 10 seems reasonable.

d. Yes.

e. Yes/No. Reduce rewards. Don't disable parties. Parties are essential to early game strats.

f. Not like this. 100-150 is too much, this will result in people ramping up prices in AH with multis. 100 total spread out over the pop milestones could be good. Plus during BP is a yes. +25% during full BP is a no, people should make a choice to do that.

• e. Yes/No. Reduce rewards. Don't disable parties. Parties are essential to early game strats.

I suggested the party thing to ensure settling time is about 4 days+. Maybe another solution would be start at 0 CP not at 1k.

Generally I don't like pop quests since pop is not important. In fact you want as low pop as possible for as much CP/Production as possible.

The quests I suggested were just examples and based on the idea new players need to be introduced to those concepts. TLDR meant was, "please improve this!"

• I suggested the party thing to ensure settling time is about 4 days+. Maybe another solution would be start at 0 CP not at 1k.

Generally I don't like pop quests since pop is not important. In fact you want as low pop as possible for as much CP/Production as possible.

The quests I suggested were just examples and based on the idea new players need to be introduced to those concepts. TLDR meant was, "please improve this!"

CP starts at 500.
    I agree that setting this to 0 would help a lot. BUT the better option is to lower the rewards.

Pop is a measure of your development. It should be used as a milestone.

• CP starts at 500.

No on PTR it started at 1k that is the reason you can settle so fast since 2 parties into settling. On regular servers you are right but you get a 500 CP reward for your quests there which means its more or less the same.

• So with only a hero I have been able to kill 1365 units (in terms of crop consumption) so far. Out of those there are no more than 20 animals and no more than 30 clubs, the rest is all legios, praetorians, EL and EI.

I'd say the power levelling with the hero is one of the most important things that needs to be addressed.

The bonus you get with hero level should remain cause it rewards early game aggression, something we don't see enough in normal servers.

There is 1 more issue that we haven't addressed yet. The starting village is often times not a village you end up wanting to keep.

I propose instead you split tasks in 3: village, capital, general. Village will have the same tasks and rewards for every village you make, including your first. Capital changes with the capital, something collected can ofc not be collected again when capital is changed. This will allow players to go for a quick settle and develop elsewhere without sacrificing those heavenly rewards you get in your first village.

• We need to stop this evil. The rewards are so huge, it makes everyone a simmer. The rewards of military activity are smaller than simming, making warfare a waste of time until endgame.

• I agree on all accounts.
    For clarity:
    The taskmaster rewards should only apply to Spawn and the 1st CROPPER. Besides that, account wide goals should be rewarded. For all other villages, the taskmaster system should be removed. I also agree with rewards in the sense of gold, or free 25% resource bonus and plus account. Or even the gold club (for example after achieving 10 villages).

The rewards should also be tuned down.

Well written IMDubz.