More 2x Servers!

• Would you play more 2x servers if they were available? 38

1. Yes, I'm dying for more 2x servers (12) 32%
    2. Yah, sure. Sounds fun! (12) 32%
    3. no thanks. (10) 26%
    4. Betty White (4) 11%

Hello!

I have brought up the issue of 2x servers and was asked to bring it here, so here I am. I and many on my team feel that 3x servers are too fast.... and 1x servers are tooo slow! We think that 2x servers are JUUUUUUUST RIGHT! However, there is a complete lack of 2x servers in Travian ;( Especially on the Anglo Server! Why?? Doesn't everyone see the value of 2x?? It speeds up the build time, cuts the time waiting on resources, but not sooo much that you need 10 duals. It is over in closer to 5 months, not 10, so it is much less of a time commitment. This gives the leaders a nice and more frequent break so they don't burnout and have breakdowns. Really, I see no downside to it...

So, please let us know....

• i vuld never play a sped. server in anny kind. its in my opunine destry the game.

During my armor I wear a corset.

Has completed 66 slow servers. Currently playing server 67,68 and 69. Proof? Here Is it a world record?

All spelling errors are due to dyslexia and a brain injury. Learn to live with it because I will not change it.

• funny thing is there are x2 regular Legends server on russian domain.

.pt4: :teu01:/.fr3: :rom02:/.fr6: :rom03:/.ptp: :egy02:/.ag7: :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: :hun01:/.ag4: :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: :egy02:/.ts20xv: :hun01:/ .ag3: :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• funny thing is there are x2 regular Legends server on russian domain.

The one that just started was the first one.
    Italian domain, (titani server) & PL have had them for years aswell.
    I'm sure there is more domains with them.

Final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    Final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    Final 2019 - Penguin Party (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Anglo6 R1- Mimer (Bifrost)
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth #2 Def (Midgård)
    Active -
    Com2 - Set (Duat)
    Anglo6 - Magikarp (Pokédex)

• It's just a matter of having (more) duals. It's a lot easier for players to say they rather relax and play 1x, but leaders really don't get that option. it's 10+ months of non-stop work. With the 2x you do it for 5 months, then get a break. I think it would lead to less burn out and more people being willing to help lead. And it's a shorter time commitment. I think players would be more willing to commit to 5 months at a time than 10+ months. At least offering the option on each server would be nice, once or twice a year.

Plus maria gave it a thumbs down and swore it off... how bad could it be??? lol

• I'm all for x2 too, its the perfect compromise between too much speed or too little. One can manage a x2 account playing solo too.

But ideally we should be offered the possibility of having both x1 and x2 options.

.pt4: :teu01:/.fr3: :rom02:/.fr6: :rom03:/.ptp: :egy02:/.ag7: :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: :hun01:/.ag4: :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: :egy02:/.ts20xv: :hun01:/ .ag3: :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• Majrty of the pole dont wish fore it. simple Kimme just becus you think it wuld be essy its not what the plyers wish fore. cant you hadel it donte play.

Has completed 66 slow servers. Currently playing server 67,68 and 69. Proof? Here Is it a world record?

All spelling errors are due to dyslexia and a brain injury. Learn to live with it because I will not change it.

• Majrty of the pole dont wish fore it. simple Kimme just becus you think it wuld be essy its not what the plyers wish fore. cant you hadel it donte play.

The same applies to you. Don't play 2x if you don't want to, if enough people want it then let them have it. Your 1x servers are never going away.

Whiplash, Ifrit, White Panda and a dozen others that I don't remember.

Actually, it's 20 for it and 9 against it. It's not a matter of "easy," just different and more enjoyable. And clearly I can handle it... my team just beat your team... easily :)

• The problem with speed servers is the crop usage of troops. It should be twice as high (or 3x on 3x speeds) to counter the improved production of resources and crop. It's impossible to get the same amount of troops on regular servers and the main reason I will only play 1x servers.

Investing a lot of time in a game makes it more interesting. You will be more careful making decisions because you don't want to waste months of work. It makes it more tactical because you get punished harder for mistakes. It's like playing poker with fake money or playing with real money. It may be the same game, but it's totally different.

"Over iets nadenken zonder het per definitie waar hoeft te zijn is een vorm van ontwikkeling."

• I believe x1 server duration is directly tied to the amount of accounts that just lose interest and delete or turn inactives during the round.

Travian is a very time consuming game, on a daily basis. And there are no breaks.

Imagine doing that for 200+ days.

People get tired and/or bored.

This was the feedback I got from most people I have introduced to the game.

We already have x1 and x3 options, why cant we also have x2 Legends servers, or at least a x1 variation with reduced artifact and plans appearance dates?

• The crop usage thing on speed servers is an interesting point, and it certainly changes the game dramatically. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, though... It just means that speed servers and regular servers are two similar but different games, and you can't compare troop numbers between the two.

I'm not sure why the time invested makes regular servers more interesting or more "tactical," and it's definitely not like playing poker with fake money. No need to look down on people for playing a different version. (Fwiw, I've never played a speed server myself)

• The problem with speed servers is the crop iusage of troops. It should be twice as high (or 3x on 3x speeds) to counter the improved production of resources and crop. It's impossible to get the same amount of troops on regular servers and the main reason I will only play 1x servers.

I have never played a 1x server, so I would like to know why you can’t get the same numbers on a server like that in comparison to a 3x server?

Pardon me? But why should the crop consumption be 3 times as much on a 3x server? xd

• Actually, it's 20 for it and 9 against it. It's not a matter of "easy," just different and more enjoyable. And clearly I can handle it... my team just beat your team... easily :)

And still are you the one that complien how tierd you are and how you walk in the wall all the thime... but still thay cant buld a server on 20 plyers thay defently need more than that...

• I have never played a 1x server, so I would like to know why you can’t get the same numbers on a server like that in comparison to a 3x server?

Pardon me? But why should the crop consumption be 3 times as much on a 3x server? xd

Because the production of crop is 2 or 3 times as high. It should be balanced. Crop has less value on speed servers because of this, but you don't notice that because you just make more troops. With the same troops as on a regular server you would be always overflowing on a speed server.

Tribes who have less efficient crop usage benefit more on speed servers while on slow server this is the opposite. This explains why on speed there are more offensive teutons and on a slow more offensive romans (or that was the case when I played both speed and slow years ago). That's why I say it's a total different game, even though it looks the same, has the same tactics and the same rules.

"Over iets nadenken zonder het per definitie waar hoeft te zijn is een vorm van ontwikkeling."

• Because the production of crop is 2 or 3 times as high. It should be balanced. Crop has less value on speed servers because of this, but you don't notice that because you just make more troops. With the same troops as on a regular server you would be always overflowing on a speed server.

Tribes who have less efficient crop usage benefit more on speed servers while on slow server this is the opposite. This explains why on speed there are more offensive teutons and on a slow more offensive romans (or that was the case when I played both speed and slow years ago). That's why I say it's a total different game, even though it looks the same, has the same tactics and the same rules.

The production is 3 times as high, the training time is just as fast and the server ends 3 times quicker than a 1x server, meaning that you have the same amount of time to build a hammer as people on 3x servers.

I do see the point about it being more difficult to feed though, but I think it’s fine that the two speed servers are different.

And not to mention that 3x players already have feeding issues, so I don’t think they should get punished even more.

• And still are you the one that complien how tierd you are and how you walk in the wall all the thime... but still thay cant buld a server on 20 plyers thay defently need more than that...

tired from leading a killer alliance for 10 months+ straight :) no idea what you are talking about walking into walls??

clearly they can't build one on 20 players, but the forum is a ghost town and most players don't come here anymore. The fact they got 20 votes for it means there is a good response for it. That is a HUGE response on the forum these days :) And when players find out you aren't there with your vitriol... players will flock there.