The Mega Meta Zerg

• Thanks for the update Verdie!

This deserves it’s own thread. I can hardly believe it a 4 quad meta!, when I thought records would be broken from other teams, I didn’t think it would be for the largest alliance of all times, Yikes!

Congratulations to Ten/Goats/Dnd/2.01/Gow and any other alliance I may have missed, you must all be really proud of yourselves being in a 4 quad meta with approximately 1000 members needed to take us on.

Dnd players have fled to gow for protection, realising somethingwrong that player also had to relocate to ten for protection too.

The supersized zerg wants a cake walk for the win with the audacity to try to force us in to the same fold to take on the nordics..

Gunners will not bend at the knee or comply with the oversized 4 quad Zerg meta no matter how tuff things get. They can go sit and rotate on themselves, there can be no glory or dignity for us in participating with 3/4 of the server combined for the win.

• The below words were written by Avis - a leader of Gunners alongside Batman. They were written to Batman, apologies for the inability to quote from the other thread where it was originally posted by Avis, I'm not 100% sure how to do so.

"At some point you gotta realize you need to stop and think for once in your life, you are making Gunners look like such a big joke in forum and it's honestly getting quite annoying from a leadership standpoint."

"Are you actually playing in Gunners? Cause i have a hard time to believe you are and would do this to your own alliance, when someone reads your comments and doesn't know us we look like the biggest hypocrites in the server but nothing that you say in any way represents Gunners. You did exactly the same thing last server, got all the attention on us pre-arties and than slowly went quiet, rather you just go quiet from beggining right now or calm down with all the nonsense comments."

• Ah you finally found it hevvie lol, Funny how your trying now to take thing’s out of context. As if something from months ago suddenly now really matters, all because you can’t reply properly to your teams part in the zerg fest

• I'm not taking anything out of context. In respect of your posting I thought the words of a Gunner rep like Avis were rather relevant to clarify that not everyone in Gunners necessarily reads from the same script as yourself.

I can properly reply about zerging.

I didn't think we would defend a DnD member tbh. But the decision was made by TEN leaders and I trust them to make decisions in TENs best interest tbh. They have a demonstrable history of making decisions in the interest of furthering TENs potential for success and more often than not they get them right.

Honestly the sheer weight of rage and tears it's created amongst some particularly sensitive and emotional Gunner member's in the last 24 hrs makes me think the decision made was 1,000% worth it :D.

These aren't the kind of things I normally like to see happening in truth. But, in all honesty - who really cares? Last round i recall each team getting joint ops thrown at it at different stages.

I certainly don't recall GoW members moaning and crying to this extent when "ultimate warriors" Gunners ran joint "zerg" ops to hit their end game hammers and WW last round?

Personally, rather than Gunners leadership and senior players resorting to crying endlessly on the forum and discord. Perhaps it might, might, might just be better for Gunners leadership and senior players to, you know, objectively consider how they found themselves in their current predicament, and whose decision making is really at fault for it occurring, and take action and decisions to perhaps better your members and group? ... Or you know, instead you can just carry on whinging and crying about how unfair everything is.

• Verdie replied to himself :kek:

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - Godzilla (Gunners)

• @ hevvie please stay on topic this thread is a discussion about this servers mega meta not about me or Verdie or even Gunners.

It’s about how Ten/Goats/Dnd/2.01/Gow have united 3/4 of the server, this is big news!

The 4 quad meta severely outnumber the nords and Gunners now, where is the honor in making such a huge zerg fest,?

• @ hevvie please stay on topic this thread is a discussion about this servers mega meta not about me or Verdie or even Gunners.

It’s about how Ten/Goats/Dnd/2.01/Gow have united 3/4 of the server, this is big news!

The 4 quad meta severely outnumber the nords and Gunners now, where is the honor in making such a huge zerg fest,?

Stop spreading lies, Verdie :)

• Verdie, maybe you can blame yourself for once. Like GoW did last server.

Atleast we learned from our mistakes and admitted them.

You have a huge amount of top players and still you manage to fail this hard. This is the second server in a row this happens.

Last server you had a 100% chance to win, but you lost due to your own arrogance. Also failed miserably at artefacts TWICE.

Do you really think you can take on DND + GoW at the same time? You do an OP on us and dont expect us to retailiate :D

You should have looked what we did wrong last server.

I think Gunners is a really good team with many top players, but there is no doubt your leadership team isn't.

• I think Gunners is a really good team with many top players,

Gow is a good team too, so is ten. Dnd and 2.01 made a good pair of fighters too. And Goats are old veterans that have won on their own also many times before.

I tend to agree with Saravan that it would have been better to see a free for all (something I’ve been saying since server start) It’s a shame other teams don’t think they are as strong as I do and can’t win on there own merits.

To have 4 quads unite against you, gives me a great sense of pride . I don’t expect to win this one, even with a loss I’ll walk away knowing it took 4 quads with some of the best teams to have graced Travian in a long time to be able to stop us.

And for me that will go down as one of our greatest rounds, it will be remembered as one that says a lot more about gunners then it will ever say about the 4 quad combined meta that zerged here for the win.

credit: to Tempest for the meme

• I tend to agree with Saravan that it would have been better to see a free for all (something I’ve been saying since server start)

we agreed last server to a free for all. Gow was the only one who actually did.

Also saravan talking about a free for all? While duat and ikea were already together from day 1

• Also saravan talking about a free for all? While duat and ikea were already together from day 1

Also as Saravan pointed out the numbers of duat and ikea are comparable to Gow’s. The only teams really zerging here have been cleverly put together by a Nordic which is illustrated above.

we agreed last server to a free for all.

Why is it Gow always lives in the last server ? you do realise your basically just saying Gow is prepared to Zerg on levels way beyond last round all for the chance of having their name shared on a ww. Oh the irony, well done Gow. Well played Ajax.

Btw you didn’t agree to jack, actually Gow zerged incredibly, they took in over half of revs another meta like gow and ten, which was shared with Ten and gow players including rev’s artefacts. And Gow we’re roughly one and a half times bigger then us aswell, whilst we genuinely declined to take any of the other metas players onboard. We were a much smaller outfit then too.

This time round even that’s not enough as we can see now Gow together with ten,2.01,dnd,gow,goats are around roughly 5 times the size of D&I or Gunners.

A gow player on discord actually mentioned a name for this zerg alliance and suggested it be called the swarm 😂

• Why is it Gow always lives in the last server ?

I could easily find dozens of posts from you talking, sometimes in very great detail, about what happened on the last server.

You seem upset, Batman. Are you feeling ok?

• You seem upset, Batman. Are you feeling ok?

To have 4 quads unite against you, gives me a great sense of pride . even with a loss I’ll walk away knowing it took 4 quads with some of the best teams to have graced Travian in a long time to be able to stop us.

And for me that will go down as one of our greatest rounds,

I can’t say I’m upset Pippin, just noting the huge developments of the server. And what a colossal development we see here Pippin the ultimate unification, Quadruple Quad combined!

I could easily find dozens of posts from you talking, sometimes in very great detail, about what happened on the last server.

I was poking fun at Ajax, let’s stick to the current server and relevant topic at hand..

I gotta wonder Pippin are you not happy being part of that swarm alliance your part of ?

• I gotta wonder Pippin are you not happy being part of that swarm alliance your part of ?

My personal preference has never been to be part of a very large group. I am happier losing as the underdog.

That's just me though, and my voice is not significant. Also, I don't know exactly the details of any arrangements. I would like to get some facts about who is working together and for how long, and maybe look at the numbers again to see how well balanced it all is.

• I'm not usually writing on the forum, but given I'm being informed that some misleading information is going on...

Goats is NOT joining hands with anyone against Gunners

Ten , same.

If you let yourself believe otherwise, means you are getting lead by vices (misinformation + manipulation) to think along those lines.

mazzi as nickname - SGR

Marduk , R.Unite leader on old S5.com
    MCE member on s4.com
    Ass , Best/Nest on old s6.com
    Teoavo75 , Rep SW - now *****Rep - leader on s1.com , GF Hold member
    Teoavo75 , marduk , tiberius , nexus - SGR
    Drei - CWL

• Hmmmm....

Is there any indication that this even represents an endgame alliance?

Personally I see this as the natural outcome of the diplomatic game the nordics have played. Be it their liberal use of deception to their opportunism, they have drawn the ire of a number of the metas.

While you can argue that they lack the numbers they also have a very intriguing compact spread of accounts in comparison to the other metas which has its own advantages in terms of organising defenses. I think even someone from gunners even suggested that they did not want to attack into DUAT due to their insane defense response time.

I suspect the Nordics themselves knew this would happen once they announced their merger. Especially when you add the fact that they did as well as they did in the artifact capture. This should project them to clearly be frontrunners to get construction plans given their dominance over the centre of the quad. Not having any concerted effort to reclaim some control over the construction plan spawn areas would be well... not smart....

Additionally I would say its clear that attacking into their "stronghold" centre of the map is going to be a rather treacherous affair as I suspect given that the Nordics went for such a strategy they should be heavily indexing defense making this a reasonably tricky task. I feel this multi quad alliance to exert some control over the centre of the map was a mere eventuality and everyone that participates in this action is likely to take severe losses.

Ultimately I think the plan that the Nordics have kinda has put everyone on this weird either go for some kinda cold war or go for some mutually assured destruction and it seems we are heading to the latter. And I guess gunners not joining in just leads to a clear target for them in the aftermath of what seems to be coming. I am sure you guys recognised this fact when deciding not to join the "swarm"

Regardless I think we can shelf any talks of this "swarm" being an end game alliance since we are months away from the end game

• My personal preference has never been to be part of a very large group. I am happier losing as the underdog.

That's just me though, and my voice is not significant.

likewise Pippin I wouldn’t endorse a 4 quad mega meta nor be very happy being part of it either, will be interesting how much more leaked info of this gets uncovered.

Leaders of the swarm meta may be limited in how they can respond, I dare say they’re only looking for excuses at this stage..

With the swarm leaderships so ashamed of their back room dealings and alliance quantity, we will probably see limited exposure of this until as late as endgame.

• we agreed last server to a free for all. Gow was the only one who actually did.

Also saravan talking about a free for all? While duat and ikea were already together from day 1

How exactly does Duat & IKEA being a team change this when our combined numbers matches that of other metas. Ridicilous argument and lightyears away from being comparable to this level of zerg.

But what's done is done, pointless to debate it further and you certainly buried your head so far deep in the sand that we should go ahead and play on with the current new metas.

Do what you believe you need to do to have a winning shot but don't come here and BS about a free for all being made impossible by Nordics forming their own metas. Numbers don't lie.

Post was edited 4 times, last by Saravan ().