Why we decided to share ST with Ten

• As you might have seen we gave our ST to Ten today and I can hereby confirm that we will share our trainer with them for the foreseeable future. We decided to do this for several reasons. First, our goal for the rest of the server is to do what we can to make sure Gunners don't win. Giving one of their opponents a better opportunity to build decent EGHs is a good way for us to mess with Gunners. Second we are also grateful to Ten for helping us out the last few weeks and want to reward them for their kind help. But for me the third and most important reason to share ST with Ten is that I empathise with them. I'm sure most of you are aware what happened to Tens Small Trainer a few days ago. Gunners took it from them with the help of what looks like an infiltrating dual on one of Tens WWKs. I have heard a lot of people call this a dirty move and it was a dirty move but I think a better word to describe an at like that is childish. The act is in fact so childish I would be ashamed to even be part of Gunners. I play a lot of board games with my kids and early on when they where still in pre-school that activity was no fun since they always tried to cheat as soon as they were not winning which lead to a lot of conflicts. But in time as they got older and wiser they learned that losing is part of the game.

But in Travian it seems like a lot of people haven't learned that. Their action of stealing a trainer from TEN via infiltration reminds me of when I played Monopoly (I hate that game but the kids like it) with my kids the first time and one of them moved one of my hotels to his street and claimed it was his. The childish behavior of people that frankly are old enough to know better meant that Tens chances of winning the server were clearly diminished and honestly I think they deserved better since their only fault in this mess is trusting the wrong person.

Does this mean DND and Ten are now confed? No. As far as I know Ten are currently doing a joint OP on Duat/IKEA and I have zero interest in that besides me wishing Eric and my other friends in Duat well when defending themselves.

• Many .nl servers 🙅🏻‍♂️

NoMercyy | comb | 2014

msB |Winner of com2 | GUNNERZ | 2017/18

msB | com3 | PP | 2018/19

Nomercy | comx | IDTS | 2019 winter

msB |Winner of com2 | TEN | 2019/20

• I play a lot of board games with my kids and early on when they where still in pre-school that activity was no fun since they always tried to cheat as soon as they were not winning which lead to a lot of conflicts. But in time as they got older and wiser they learned that losing is part of the game.

I will never play board games with you for sure. As soon as something goes sideways (aka “.. as soon as they were not winning..”) for you, you Zerg the other participants and completely destroys your playing to win just to deny the strongest opponent another victory. Sounds really childish to me and I don’t like to play card games with such a people tbh. But I also know from experience that when people play their best game solo against such a player, they lose, so I understand your Zerg. It’s okey. You only tried to not let the strongest guy win. It’s okey. That is a childish way to play, but it’s okey. It’s not honourable at all, but it’s okey.

Chicken sound and out etc etc etc. <3

Post was edited 1 time, last by Verdie ().

• It can be interesting at times to observe the behavior of leadership groups in the game.

It is a shame to see some continually revert to pettiness and small minded insults rather than attempt to engage. I think this does nothing but reflect poorly on the individuals. Many nice people in Gunners that like to play the game hard but fair. But the past week or so has revealed some have different values.

During the blow up of the Ikea/Goats relations many months ago. I certainly recall much light hearted trolling. And quite a few Goats crying, but i dont recall leaders from either group resorting to childish insulting at each other.

Similar today, Ikea and Duat have been crapped on. Their leaders have gone about their business and stuck up for their groups and done so in a fairly admirable manner. I haven't seen Loffe or AFK raging/bitching or moaning at all. In fact they appear to have done the opposite.

Can't help but observe here that I would be very happy to be playing in a group w leaders demonstrating such calm in a difficult position whilst still arguing strongly for their groups as Loffe and AFK have done. But would be a bit dissapointed being in a group led by the examples of small minded insults and pettiness shown above and elsewhere.

If that behaviour is a reflection of who you are I feel embarrassed for you.

• I will never play board games with you for sure. As soon as something goes sideways (aka “.. as soon as they were not winning..”) for you, you Zerg the other participants and completely destroys your playing to win just to deny the strongest opponent another victory. Sounds really childish to me and I don’t like to play card games with such a people tbh. But I also know from experience that when people play their best game solo against such a player, they lose, so I understand your Zerg. It’s okey. You only tried to not let the strongest guy win. It’s okey. That is a childish way to play, but it’s okey. It’s not honourable at all, but it’s okey.

If we wanted to deny the strongest opponent their win we would have been part of the combined OP against DUAT/IKEA. The reason we are going against Gunners is because we don't like you that much.

• I will never play board games with you for sure. As soon as something goes sideways (aka “.. as soon as they were not winning..”) for you, you Zerg the other participants and completely destroys your playing to win just to deny the strongest opponent another victory. Sounds really childish to me and I don’t like to play card games with such a people tbh. But I also know from experience that when people play their best game solo against such a player, they lose, so I understand your Zerg. It’s okey. You only tried to not let the strongest guy win. It’s okey. That is a childish way to play, but it’s okey. It’s not honourable at all, but it’s okey.

you are not the strongest group, but it's okey. Maybe player wise you are, but it's okey. Your leadership made so many poor decisions already, but it's okey.

Look in the mirror for once etc etc etc. <3

• LukeHaines_COM Don't drop it next time please.

Many .nl servers 🙅🏻‍♂️

NoMercyy | comb | 2014

msB |Winner of com2 | GUNNERZ | 2017/18

msB | com3 | PP | 2018/19

Nomercy | comx | IDTS | 2019 winter

msB |Winner of com2 | TEN | 2019/20

Strongest opponent didn't manage to secure a single diet. Ultimate Keyboard Warriors. BONK.

So your things in stealing ST from TEN is honourable? come on, you guys are grown up man, not a child.

idx24 - Mosasaurus, idx25 - Indomie, idx26 - Jenderal Ebony, idx27 - Toruk Makto

ts2s9 - Pikotaro

ts29s1 - Jiren

ts5s11 - SCARLA (driver)

ts3s12 - Chronicles

• It is a shame to see some continually revert to pettiness and small minded insults rather than attempt to engage. I think this does nothing but reflect poorly on the individuals. Many nice people in Gunners that like to play the game hard but fair. But the past week or so has revealed some have different values.

Totally agree, 100%.

However, I think nothing is to be achieved by posting about it here. The leaders you reference are happy and will not change. Their members who don't mind are happy anyway. Their members who do mind can't do much about it besides leave, which seems unlikely.

The rest of us, all we can do is offer an alternative vision. I am pleased the leaders of my alliance, while talking both in public and in private, set a positive tone which is an example to all members.

• you are not the strongest group, but it's okey. Maybe player wise you are, but it's okey. Your leadership made so many poor decisions already, but it's okey.

Look in the mirror for once etc etc etc. <3

Pot calling the kettle black there aren't we Edwin?

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - Godzilla (Gunners)

• Totally agree, 100%.

However, I think nothing is to be achieved by posting about it here. The leaders you reference are happy and will not change. Their members who don't mind are happy anyway. Their members who do mind can't do much about it besides leave, which seems unlikely.

The rest of us, all we can do is offer an alternative vision. I am pleased the leaders of my alliance, while talking both in public and in private, set a positive tone which is an example to all members.

Smirking at this. I for one appreciate good banter though, proper keyboard warriors usually just aren't very good at it for some odd reason.