Troops get killed when original village is chiefed

• As stated above. If you have 5 villages with 10k off units in them than you tell your friend to take those 5 villages and just like that you have 50k units hammer and could easy be abused. This is the reason it's not an option at the moment. If you even increase the numbers you could have an hammer on 400k mid game of the server.

• So what you are saying is that because this could be abused we do not want to change things.

But why don't we talk about how we can change things and circumvent any abuse that could be done with the new system?

Changes are implemented constantly in this game, why not here as well?

It seems like nobody here is really interested in exchanging arguments and instead points at the status quo and is fine with their own little comfort zone. It did not expect this to be the case in a game where strategy and adapting is such a game winning factor.

• No one thinks there's anything wrong with the current system, except you. Currently you're arguing because it doesn't fit you, it should be changed for everyone else, who doesn't want it to be changed. Yet plenty of people still decided to engage with your argument and explain why, and you ignored them, or didn't present any counterpoints to their arguments other than "yeah but I don't like it!".

• My village got chiefed, my troops and hero from that village were in another village and still all got destroyed, how does that make sense?

Yes, that is a commonly known bug. If you want help with fixing this bug (reverting back and undoing damage), do not hesitate to contact Gubbi

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them...

maybe you can hire The SPIKE-Team:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

*The only type of payment we accept is salt, terms and conditions apply**

**SPIKE-Team reserves the right to dissolve and disperse from a server at any given time, a refusal to uphold the buyers terms of service will result in an immediate enactment of such or similar procedures. We can not be held responsible for any emotional grief caused.

• In all seriousness, they have tried something similar in some special servers. It's called "troop merging". The first modifications to it they had to make was exempting siege and chiefs from it. Because it allowed you to chief from a single village. And to build the slowest troop types to build in several villages, thereby offering you the opportunity to overwhelm just about anyone from next door with little or no warning. It has consistently been panned as a possible addition to the main game as gold intensive and unfair to the majority of players. So when we say we don't want it, it HAS been tried and found wanting by the vast majority of players that have given their opinions on it.
    And I have to say, that if I saw that kind of attitude in a player on these forums with that tactic in place, you would not last very long. Because I DO know how to adapt and change.

• In all seriousness, they have tried something similar in some special servers. It's called "troop merging". The first modifications to it they had to make was exempting siege and chiefs from it. Because it allowed you to chief from a single village. And to build the slowest troop types to build in several villages, thereby offering you the opportunity to overwhelm just about anyone from next door with little or no warning. It has consistently been panned as a possible addition to the main game as gold intensive and unfair to the majority of players. So when we say we don't want it, it HAS been tried and found wanting by the vast majority of players that have given their opinions on it.
    And I have to say, that if I saw that kind of attitude in a player on these forums with that tactic in place, you would not last very long. Because I DO know how to adapt and change.

Wow, the first person with some real arguments. No sure why it is combined with a threat though??? I am suggesting and wanting to discuss things, telling me I am wrong and threatening me is an attitude that should be punished instead. Telling people that they are wrong is not an punishable offense, at least not were I live. Maybe that differs for us.

I do not think it should be combined with gold usage but be available for the general public. And if combined armies are too strong maybe we should think about reducing offensive strengths and making it the new standard case that in order to have a successful attack on an opponent you need to merge armies. How does that sound?

Post was edited 1 time, last by Firebody ().

• There are games that get updated on a regular basis, changing the meta, people adept. Some changes are bad, some are good, the game evolves in time.

This gives these games the chance to improve. Staying with the status quo does not. And if everything was already perfect, we would still be playing T1.0 (if that was ever a thing).

• Sorry for triple posting but I just have to get this down:

In every "real" war of that period you could not just take a garrison of a fortress or city and lay siege on a well organised defender. You had to raise troops all over your country and make a concerted acting that took lots of planning and organisation. Why is it not the same here?

• Sorry for triple posting but I just have to get this down:

In every "real" war of that period you could not just take a garrison of a fortress or city and lay siege on a well organised defender. You had to raise troops all over your country and make a concerted acting that took lots of planning and organisation. Why is it not the same here?

This game isnt meant to be realistic. This game has its rules and you play by it. Stop crying and get better at the game please. Also, you didnt contact Gubbi Like I told you to, so Im assuming youre only a troll who doesnt actually want to fix this bug.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

**SPIKE-Team reserves the right to dissolve and disperse from a server at any given time, a refusal to uphold the buyers terms of service will result in an immediate enactment of such or similar procedures. We can not be held responsible for any emotional grief caused.

• This game isnt meant to be realistic. This game has its rules and you play by it. Stop crying and get better at the game please. Also, you didnt contact Gubbi Like I told you to, so Im assuming youre only a troll who doesnt actually want to fix this bug.

So I am supposed to do as you tell me?
    Who is Gubbi? Why should I contact that person?
    Why do you think that there is a bug that needs fixing when in your previous sentence you accuse me of crying and telling me to learn the rules?

Make up your mind, is it a feature or a bug?
    I say it is a bug that became a feature, but that doesn't mean it should not be fixed in the future.

• In every "real" war of that period you could not just take a garrison of a fortress or city and lay siege on a well organised defender. You had to raise troops all over your country and make a concerted acting that took lots of planning and organisation. Why is it not the same here?

Travian is a game. Is it this particular games' goal to be as realistic as absolutely possible? No. Does it claim that to be the case anywhere? No. Why would it then have to be "realistic"? If you want games that try to be realistic, there are plenty out there (though, even they have a lot of unrealistic things most of the time). Or what - you don't think there should be any kind of fantasy games - they're not realistic right? No sci-fi games either, completely unrealistic..?

I say it is a bug that became a feature, but that doesn't mean it should not be fixed in the future.

It's a feature that has been in the game since forever. Calling it a bug, just because you dislike it is laughable.

• Sub to this thread for your personal pleasure.

• actually when your village is attacked you and your troops are supposed to defend it... thats the priority.. why send them away to other places doesnt make sense right (your logic here ) make every villa troops unmovable.. why should they defend other of your villa? you should be able to make all village defend themselves... that shoud be your argument... i think somewhere is some version there was some kind of limit or something with amount of troops.. not sure...

any way you get around 10k troops in 3x per villa you should stick to that count.. make hammer in capital you know.. why feed other villa... just cause you are owner of acnt you want to force them to follow you? bad luck my roman sentors are as bad they look.. they are better than your lies and illogical thinking so they wanted to be enlighted so they choose me... now there ideology is diffrent than you so why should they stick to your decision?

they are mine to choose and by default senetors are given powers to remove there namesake... and you cant prove it otherwise.. by any logic.. unless you want to bang your head against wall....

• So I am supposed to do as you tell me?
    Who is Gubbi? Why should I contact that person?
    Why do you think that there is a bug that needs fixing when in your previous sentence you accuse me of crying and telling me to learn the rules?

Make up your mind, is it a feature or a bug?

It definitely is a bug that Gubbi will have to fix, he is the main engineer at Travian Games. He will deal with this issue relatively soon.

• in my whole career, this is best post I ever read, brother I love you and support you, all troops should be merged whenever you want them to be !!!!!

TRAVIAN do somethin' about it

When i grow up i want to be Jaruby

bax - g&br, AGRICOLA TEAM, King Kong, LiMun
    hrx - Haile Selassie
    rsx - BamBam, AGRICOLA TEAM
    dex - Tanjur
    hr1 - Trevor, CharlieSheen
    hr2 - Vidi Pasa, Disperadun
    cz20 - Kenny McCormic
    comx - fedjagurabi (Summer 2017), Tricky Martin(Fall 2017), Q3K (Spring 2018), Krtola&Sale (Fall 2018)