Day 201 final map, numbers and reflections

• (=.'.=)

( /--\ )

Hi all,

It has been a while since the last update. Flufie is back, probably for the last time. This may read more like an autopsy than an analysis to those within the Zerg alliances, but that is where we have come to.

Here is our final map. There is only one, as actually it shows everything which matters, in our view.

IKEA, Potpot, Duat, Strange and NoSpies in cyan; GUNNERS, GUNNERZ, GUNN3RS and Goofers in green; everyone else in red.

This illustrates the positions of those with Construction Plans and those without. On the 13th December, day 121, Flufie predicted that the Nordic alliances would take all of the Construction Plans. This was not far from what came to be. They have 10, and GUNNERS, who they are friendly with, took the other three.

Let's look at some current data, from today. For the purposes of these charts, I have included some old alliances with members who may not be active. This is to ensure that off/def points accrued are more fairly reflected, though it may arguably have some impact upon current popultation.

(IKEA includes Potpot; Duat includes NoSpies and Strange; GoW includes GoW., GoW.. and GOVV; GUNNERS includes GUNNERZ, GUNN3RS and Goofers; GOATS includes GOATZ and Goatters; TEN includes - AD, Y, X, -TSE, RH and ~LV~; 2.01 is -A and -D; DND includes DSD and 4H. WoW are dropped entirely from the data, despite having relatively high numbers of kills.)

This shows how all the different groups compare. The final column shows the kills per pop, which seems like a reasonable measure of fighting activity, though could mean a variety of things.

Can average pop be taken as a measure of account growing skill?

As can be seen, Batman is a little bit right, in some regards.

The data above doesn't show what is really happening, in diplomatic terms. This is more accurate:

The Zerg alliances are very much united. GUNNERS and the Nordics are not. They have had some limited cooperation, but we believe this is a fairer reflection of teamwork at play.

Flufie's thoughts

You would think, if you looked at the above data and map, that it is terribly unfair and those poor Nordics and GUNNERS don't stand a chance. That couldn't be further from the truth.

IKEA and Duat

They have, quite simply, outperformed everyone. The fact that so much of what they have done was clearly planned long in advance demonstrates that they knew, or at least suspected, they were good enough to play this way. And they are. It appears to us that at every stage, they achieved what they set out to. They deceived others when that was their intention. They appeared weaker than they are when they wanted to. They took the areas of the map they wanted, they took the artefacts they wanted, they now entirely dominate endgame as they perhaps had hoped.

I am yet to see any proof, anything whatsoever, that the Nordic alliances have played unfairly or cheated in any way. It saddens Flufie that some people are throwing accusations around without proof. So far as we can tell, they are simply very active and knowledgable, with clear goals and fair means of achieving those goals.

These Nordic groups must be favourites to win, if that is what they decide to do.

GUNNERS

Have survived surprisingly well given the onslaught they've been subjected to over a considerable period. Perhaps, their resiliance will grant them some favour in the eyes of those who, up until now, have afforded them nothing but disdain and contempt?

The Zerg alliances

No matter how one looks at it, the Zerg must surely at this stage be described as experiencing abject failure in relation to what it set out to achieve. They wanted to stop GUNNERS at any cost? GUNNERS are now in a two horse race against Duat and IKEA. They wanted to use their overwhelming numbers to ensure an easy victory, despite the detrimental impact on the game dynamics overall? That didn't go too well either.

It seems almost pointless to discuss the Zerg alliances one at a time, as they have lost their identities along the way. They have lost their signficance, and been eclipsed entirely.

It is our hope that this isn't over. We want to see the alliances in the Zerg show how they earned their reputations. We want to see them fight back.

Goodbye from Flufie!!

• very good reports

Respect to fluffy.

I totally agree on the Nordic team.. hate them or love them, believe what can't prove or prove what can't believe.

No matter a great TEAM and came, saw, and ...

They came with fresh experience players with deep pockets.

We are old friends for fun playing.

But yes great play to them... hope to never see them again ..lol

As for just one comment on your stats.

I don't know the date you took the population of all.

But for the last few weeks we have been zeroing population like a rain storm if you look at getter on wings goofers gunn3rs at least, will see have decimated there over all population,

So I would have used the population from around arti release as a added chart to see the difference then b4 zerg killing. Of the comparison..

Over all but, great work Richard, Fluffy,

Congratulations to my zerg brothers, no back stab all zerg..

Congratulations to all others.. Been a interesting server and will not stop learning..

Maybe not the dedicated after 16 years to implement some or the gold per member,

But will remember come of the lessons learnt...

THANKS ALL

• [...] So I would have used the population from around arti release as a added chart to see the difference then b4 zerg killing. Of the comparison.. [...]

[...] Congratulations to my zerg brothers, no back stab all zerg.. [...]

Thanks Brezz! Yes, you are right.. when I have time I'll do a chart or two comparing how the different groups have changed in size relative to the rest of the server since the previous data capture. It would be interesting to see how much GUNNERS wings have been impacted by the attacks they've received.

And yes, the zerg have been very loyal to each other.. that is true :)

• As for just one comment on your stats.

I don't know the date you took the population of all.

But for the last few weeks we have been zeroing population like a rain storm if you look at getter on wings goofers gunn3rs at least, will see have decimated there over all population,

Congrats on destroying feeders and techs 😂

• This game is almost always won by the balance of power within the top 100 players. There are many theoretical counter-arguments to this, but nevertheless it is virtually always true. Can we say this server was an exception? Both yes and no.

The balance of power is:

IKEA/Duat: 29

Gunners: 28

Gow: 13

GOATS: 11

TEN/2.01: 13

DSD/DND: 4

IKEA completed dominated the central SW, which nullified GOATS - at the very least territorially.

Duat completely dominated the central NW; which nullified Gow - at the very least territorially.

TEN/2.01 combined with DSD/DND didn't really have the power theoretically, despite having a good location and some central ground.

A zerg to carve something out of the powershare was therefore to be expected (in this case, given the crude combined power rating of 43, it would seem powerful enough). But with dominance already achieved of the central NW/SW, and the usual difficulties of every alliance of a Zerg not pulling in exactly the same direction as a single unit, a focus was lost. This obviously should have been to achieve more dominance in the central SE, which realistically was the only place plans could come from.

To highlight the lack of unified focus, we can give the example of Goats/Gow both prepping extensively for a WW build, despite no source of plans.

In summary, zerg to be expected here. Zerg not unified/focused enough. IKEA/Duat would be worthy winners. Gunners worthy second place.