Workshop #8: Tribe Balancing

• The next ambassador workshop is in April and we will discuss overpowered and underpowered aspects of each tribe in comparison to the other tribes. Keep in mind each tribe has its strengths and weaknesses that are intended to keep tribes balanced as a whole. This is your chance to cite an example of something giving a tribe a disproportionate advantage or disadvantage. What balancing changes would you like to see? Later, I will put together an opportunity to vote on the suggestions to gauge how over/under powered each aspect is or if most people believe it is already balanced.

• i believe its balanced.. romans with double build and strong but costly troops

gaul with strong def and medium cost

teutons cheap and slow

egyptian cheapest but promote defensive play also gold burner

huns cheap fast trouble but risky when followed back with weakest wall need ally protection withour wall...

• Opinions on the Hun wall being too weak? Their need to rely on alliance for defense is a good balancing feature, but also giving them the worst of all walls is counterproductive for the premise they need to ask for defense. I suggest making the wall’s defense bonus like the Gauls but leave the stability weak (to keep in line with their nomadic history). Alternatively, a more complicated change (similar to the brewery): Activate 1% defense bonus per command center level but at the cost of a decrease in chief persuasion.

• Egyptian waterworks need to be nerfed a lot, but I'm sure you've had so many people say that by now.

Gaul offensive is also useless right now. I remember seeing an idea to increase the base speed of their siege to fit with their current tribe dynamics which I think is a pretty cool idea. However increasing the off strength or decreasing training time of swords/heuds would be the easier option I guess

What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)

• I would still like to see Romans buffed to match up with huns, both have paper walls so i dont really agree that that balances it. I dont really see any argument to go roman except scouters when 5 tribe becomes standard, same with egy/gaul

Some people gets born with unlucky brains.

Jimmy is one of them

Resident scapegoat

• I'd just like to add, again, that Egyptians need to get hammered with several nerfs. Early game hero needs to be addressed to prevent them from simming their way to the best croppers every single round. And Waterworks needs to be nerfed into the ground to put Egyptians on a mostly even ground with the other anvil types.

I've probably played 30 servers at this point

RIP travian reports and my only decent reports :(

One time member of the UK Hall of fame for def points

Panda - 1,276,029

Post was edited 1 time, last by Teutons ().

• Teuton Brewery lv20 needs to be reverted to lv10 only. They were already the premier offence tribe by a long way, and brewery 20 makes it far more rewarding to play offence than defence.

• Teuton Brewery lv20 needs to be reverted to lv10 only. They were already the premier offence tribe by a long way, and brewery 20 makes it far more rewarding to play offence than defence.

Teutons:

Not to mention that with Hospital, Teutons are wrecking havoc with their insane off power and rebuild time. So reverting the Brewery to lvl10 is needed.

We have also started seeing Teuton def accounts causing issues, due to spears being so fast compared to praetorians even though they have the same amount of stats.

So I would like to spears speed get reduced to 6 fields from the current 7.

Gauls:

Buff Haeduans to 145 attack from 140.

Bring training time down to 50:30 from 52:00.

That would help to make Gaul hammers useful, but still keeping them worse than Roman/Teuts.

Romans:

Imperians is the worst off inf unit currently in the game, which is why I would buff them by giving them a bit more punch.

Buff Imperians to 75 attacks from 70.

Egypts:

Bring Waterworks down to 50% bonus and keep the current hero resource bonus.

Huns:

They aren’t used at the moment due to how strong Teutons are right now. By nerfing their Brewery and buffing Steppes carry capacity I think that would be enough to bring Huns back into the meta.

Buff Steppes carry capacity to 100 from the current 75.

• Choose all of the following statements that you agree with 12

1. Huns: Steppe Rider is balanced well (1) 8%
    2. Huns: Steppe Rider is slightly underpowered (2) 17%
    3. Huns: Steppe Rider is significantly underpowered (1) 8%
    4. Teuton: Maceman is balanced well (7) 58%
    5. Teuton: Maceman is slightly overpowered (1) 8%
    6. Teuton: Maceman is significantly overpowered (2) 17%
    7. Teuton: Spearman is balanced well (8) 67%
    8. Teuton: Spearman is slightly overpowered (1) 8%
    9. Teuton: Spearman is significantly overpowered (0) 0%
    10. Teuton: Brewery is balanced well (2) 17%
    11. Teuton: Brewery is slightly overpowered (5) 42%
    12. Teuton: Brewery is significantly overpowered (5) 42%
    13. Egyptian: Waterworks is balanced well (1) 8%
    14. Egyptian: Waterworks is slightly overpowered (1) 8%
    15. Egyptian: Waterworks is significantly overpowered (10) 83%
    16. Romans: Praetorian is balanced well (2) 17%
    17. Romans: Praetorian is slightly underpowered (7) 58%
    18. Romans: Praetorian is significantly underpowered (3) 25%
    19. Gaul: Offense units are balanced well (0) 0%
    20. Gaul: Offense units are slightly underpowered (5) 42%
    21. Gaul: Offense units are significantly underpowered (7) 58%
    22. General: World Wonder defense is balanced well (3) 25%
    23. General: World Wonder defense is slightly overpowered (1) 8%
    24. General: World Wonder defense is significantly overpowered (3) 25%

Here is the first round of voting for topics from both here and Discord. You can vote multiple times. I purposely did not list the suggested solutions to any balancing issues because solutions are a whole new topic once we have consensus. The workshop is still TBD, but will happen in 1-2 weeks.

• Romans are terrible both in offense and deffense, not viable tribe, need huge buff, gauls need offensive buff, teutons are not op in my opinion as a solo deffensive gaul can stop 4 eqauly good offensive teutons players

Fear him who fears nothing

• Choose all of the following statements that you agree with 4

1. Romans: Imperian is balanced well (0) 0%
    2. Romans: Imperian is slightly underpowered (2) 50%
    3. Romans: Imperian is significantly underpowered (1) 25%
    4. Romans: Equites Caesaris defense points is balanced well (1) 25%
    5. Romans: Equites Caesaris defense points is slightly underpowered (2) 50%
    6. Romans: Equites Caesaris defense points is significantly underpowered (0) 0%
    7. Gaul: Trapper is balanced well (0) 0%
    8. Gaul: Trapper is slightly underpowered (1) 25%
    9. Gaul: Trapper is significantly underpowered (2) 50%
    10. Gaul: Hero bonus (+5 speed) is balanced well (3) 75%
    11. Gaul: Hero bonus (+5 speed) is slightly underpowered (0) 0%
    12. Gaul: Hero bonus (+5 speed) is significantly underpowered (0) 0%
    13. Teuton: Hero bonus (+20% plunder) is balanced well (0) 0%
    14. Teuton: Hero bonus (+20% plunder) is slightly underpowered (1) 25%
    15. Teuton: Hero bonus (+20% plunder) is significantly underpowered (2) 50%
    16. Huns: Wall is balanced well (1) 25%
    17. Huns: Wall is slightly underpowered (2) 50%
    18. Huns: Wall is significantly underpowered (0) 0%
    19. General: Resources given for killing an oasis animal is balanced well (0) 0%
    20. General: Resources given for killing an oasis animal is slightly overpowered (0) 0%
    21. General: Resources given for killing an oasis animal is significantly overpowered (1) 25%
    22. General: Amount of silver pieces given for adventure is balanced well (0) 0%
    23. General: Amount of silver pieces given for adventure is slightly underpowered (1) 25%
    24. General: Amount of silver pieces given for adventure is significantly underpowered (3) 75%

More voting. Most of these are from other ambassadors' communities.