After the recent changes that will target tech accounts, travian seems to be in a state where good off, especially ww off is not feasible to make. I do welcome the new tech account bans, but since there is no other viable option to collect resources (farming was last viable in T3.6), running small+great barracks+stable is impossible until late game. As far as i see, this patch will only make the game boring and more time exhaustive.
I propose a very strict troop merger. Hear me out, its simple, and effective.
- You can merge troops between villages (except the workshop troops)
- During current day, a village can "give" as many troops as it can produce in 24h
- During current day, a village can "receive" as many troops as it can produce in 24h
- You can impose a tax which you can easily change with patches, i.e. for every troop you want to merge it will cost you N% of the troop value (you can experiment with 0, 10, 50, 100 etc.)
- Great barracks and great stable get removed from the game
- Main Village can only give troops, it cannot receive (to mimic the current situation with great barracks/stables)
The general goal is to make it easier (resource wise) to build good offs. And the other added benefits are that over large amount of time (weeks or months for large offs) you can move your army around. Which is useful if you want to change your GG, or if you've built your army in GG, maybe you want to move it to a new off village.
Each village has 86400 seconds alloted at start of a day. These seconds are alloted for barracks/stable separately, and alloted for "give"/"receive" separately. If you dont use the alloted seconds, too bad, next day they reset again to 86400.
Now imagine you have an off village "VA" with level 20 barracks. It can produce 400 imperians daily (i.e. one imperian takes 216 seconds to make). This means that that village can receive 400 imperians daily. And you have another village "VB" with lvl 15 barracks. It can produce 200 imperians daily (432 seconds per imperian).
If you "give" 100 imperians from VB to VA, for VA that will take out "21600 receive seconds" (100 imperians*216 seconds) from the total 86400 for VA and you will have 64800. For VB that will take out exactly half of "give seconds" (432s * 100 = 43200). In the end of this action, you will be able to give 100 more imperians from VB (to any village), and VA will be able to receive 300 more (from any village).
The way you would "give" troops would be the same way you give your hero away to another village. Basically in the rally point, just do a normal "reinforce" operation, and add a simple checkbox which we can click.
As for artefacts, for building off, you will just have to ramp another village that produces army. With 50% reduction, your off village will be able to produce 800 imperians daily, so you will have to feed it from two other villages with 400 each.
With this "24h max" limit it disables you to make abnormal armies (max theoretical speed will be identical to what it is now). But it gives you possibility to build good offs (which you could build in pre 3.6 with raiding, or 4.0+ with techs).
This might also help deffers, they currently make many troops in many villages, and therefore to be effective you would have to build arenas and smithy. This way deffers could have e.g. 3 deff villages with maxxed arena and smithy.
With this framework you can tweak it with many parameters. You can tweak:
- daily alloted seconds, currently its set to 24h (86400s), but you could increase it to i.e. 32h (115200s, for larger offs), or to 18h (64800s, for smaller offs)
- you can tweak the "tax", i would like tax of 0%, but the devs and the community will know better
- you could also add tax based on smithy upgrade level difference between villages. If village where you are sending troops has higher smithy levels you will have to pay more.
- you could make an art that also changes these parameters, i.e. increases alloted time from 86400s to 172800s daily, if you combine it with the training art it can give you very quick off army.
Lastly, if it is too much to follow this on village level, you can do it on account level. The whole account is alloted with 86400s give and receive seconds, and any village doing anything consumes this account level seconds.
What do you guys and girls think? Any feedback is welcome!