Remedying new tech account ban

• After the recent changes that will target tech accounts, travian seems to be in a state where good off, especially ww off is not feasible to make. I do welcome the new tech account bans, but since there is no other viable option to collect resources (farming was last viable in T3.6), running small+great barracks+stable is impossible until late game. As far as i see, this patch will only make the game boring and more time exhaustive.

I propose a very strict troop merger. Hear me out, its simple, and effective.

- You can merge troops between villages (except the workshop troops)

- During current day, a village can "give" as many troops as it can produce in 24h

- During current day, a village can "receive" as many troops as it can produce in 24h

- You can impose a tax which you can easily change with patches, i.e. for every troop you want to merge it will cost you N% of the troop value (you can experiment with 0, 10, 50, 100 etc.)

- Great barracks and great stable get removed from the game

- Main Village can only give troops, it cannot receive (to mimic the current situation with great barracks/stables)

The general goal is to make it easier (resource wise) to build good offs. And the other added benefits are that over large amount of time (weeks or months for large offs) you can move your army around. Which is useful if you want to change your GG, or if you've built your army in GG, maybe you want to move it to a new off village.

In depth:

Each village has 86400 seconds alloted at start of a day. These seconds are alloted for barracks/stable separately, and alloted for "give"/"receive" separately. If you dont use the alloted seconds, too bad, next day they reset again to 86400.

Now imagine you have an off village "VA" with level 20 barracks. It can produce 400 imperians daily (i.e. one imperian takes 216 seconds to make). This means that that village can receive 400 imperians daily. And you have another village "VB" with lvl 15 barracks. It can produce 200 imperians daily (432 seconds per imperian).

If you "give" 100 imperians from VB to VA, for VA that will take out "21600 receive seconds" (100 imperians*216 seconds) from the total 86400 for VA and you will have 64800. For VB that will take out exactly half of "give seconds" (432s * 100 = 43200). In the end of this action, you will be able to give 100 more imperians from VB (to any village), and VA will be able to receive 300 more (from any village).

The way you would "give" troops would be the same way you give your hero away to another village. Basically in the rally point, just do a normal "reinforce" operation, and add a simple checkbox which we can click.

As for artefacts, for building off, you will just have to ramp another village that produces army. With 50% reduction, your off village will be able to produce 800 imperians daily, so you will have to feed it from two other villages with 400 each.

With this "24h max" limit it disables you to make abnormal armies (max theoretical speed will be identical to what it is now). But it gives you possibility to build good offs (which you could build in pre 3.6 with raiding, or 4.0+ with techs).

This might also help deffers, they currently make many troops in many villages, and therefore to be effective you would have to build arenas and smithy. This way deffers could have e.g. 3 deff villages with maxxed arena and smithy.

With this framework you can tweak it with many parameters. You can tweak:

- daily alloted seconds, currently its set to 24h (86400s), but you could increase it to i.e. 32h (115200s, for larger offs), or to 18h (64800s, for smaller offs)

- you can tweak the "tax", i would like tax of 0%, but the devs and the community will know better

- you could also add tax based on smithy upgrade level difference between villages. If village where you are sending troops has higher smithy levels you will have to pay more.

- you could make an art that also changes these parameters, i.e. increases alloted time from 86400s to 172800s daily, if you combine it with the training art it can give you very quick off army.

Lastly, if it is too much to follow this on village level, you can do it on account level. The whole account is alloted with 86400s give and receive seconds, and any village doing anything consumes this account level seconds.

What do you guys and girls think? Any feedback is welcome!

• What do you think (if you vote no/maybe please explain why) 12

Result is only visible for participants.

A pool

Post was edited 1 time, last by vangogh94: asking people for more clarification ().

• All of it is too much ... a new player would never be able to follow all of that.

Basically Merging should NEVER be on a server without the corresponding troop forwarding.

I think taking out Great Barracks and Great Stables to build the same army you would have had with them is not the answer to saving valuable building spots in a village

Your suggestion does absolutely 0 for higher level anvil accounts ... why would we pay to merge instead of having multiple villages making the troops? Most def troops take a few seconds more then offense troops to make in the first place so we NEED multiple villages making troops to keep def troop numbers high enough to be an effect defense.

Your suggestion would make the game more difficult, not streamlined.

• stopped reading after that cause it seems like you are either a really bad farmed or just have no clue :D

Haha possible, thats why i asked for feedback :D but please do read the suggestion. I am farming half of the whole server (balkans 6) that is farmable, 2-3k outgoing and returning raids at any given moment.. and with that i am netting 500k and less per day, so i extrapolate if i do the whole server it would be 1M, which is nothing. And most of players werent farming before the tech ban, if more players start farming that makes it even less. Also, as a roman player, i lose around 10-50 units a day while farming which reduces the raiding affordability by 10-20%.

I dont think a new player has to know it in this much detail from the UI perspective. The details should be put into FAQ. For players it would be simplified, when you go into your barracks it would say for each unit "you can still give N of these units today" and "you can still receive N of these units today". It is pretty easy to follow. The reason why i mentioned the alloted seconds is because that is something you must have because of multiple units (think about it for a second).

"Basically Merging should NEVER be on a server without the corresponding troop forwarding." -> Why? You made a statement but no arguments.

I said that a tax can be implemented, but that i would prefer it without the tax (0%). And i said these parameters can be tweaked, it is just a suggestion for framework and it is a quite flexible framework. And if you've read my post in detail you wouldve know that. In any case, my suggestion is heavily focused on fixing potential problems for off players, it is not meant to influence deff players that much.

• I said that a tax can be implemented, but that i would prefer it without the tax (0%). And i said these parameters can be tweaked, it is just a suggestion for framework and it is a quite flexible framework. And if you've read my post in detail you wouldve know that. In any case, my suggestion is heavily focused on fixing potential problems for off players, it is not meant to influence deff players that much.

Pretty presumptive to assume i didn't read in detail.

As an anvil ... there is no advantage to continuously pay for troops to be upgraded by merging when i can pay a one time fee of sorts by upgrading in the village they are made in. Merging does not benefit an anvil. Troop forwarding does.

• Pretty presumptive to assume i didn't read in detail.

As an anvil ... there is no advantage to continuously pay for troops to be upgraded by merging when i can pay a one time fee of sorts by upgrading in the village they are made in. Merging does not benefit an anvil. Troop forwarding does.

Yeah sorry, was frustrated at the time when I wrote that. Yeah I agree, I just mentioned the "anvil" tax as a possible addition to the main idea. I think you're right, longterm if there is "anvil" tax it is actually less economical.

• Haha possible, thats why i asked for feedback :D but please do read the suggestion. I am farming half of the whole server (balkans 6) that is farmable, 2-3k outgoing and returning raids at any given moment.. and with that i am netting 500k and less per day, so i extrapolate if i do the whole server it would be 1M, which is nothing. And most of players werent farming before the tech ban, if more players start farming that makes it even less. Also, as a roman player, i lose around 10-50 units a day while farming which reduces the raiding affordability by 10-20%

Go through your farms and get rid of the non profitable ones, then look further afield to the rest of the server where you may find better ones.

Some raiders get so fixed on raiding all inactives close to them they forget to check if its actually profitable to do it. After a certain stage of the server, raiding villages of a certain population on the whole becomes pointless as the return is nothing, whereas if you delete all those farms it will enable you to raided further a field where you might discover much more profitable farms, particularly if you happen to be in a more actively raiding quad.

Also if you're building a ww hammer you really shouldn't be raiding with it, so making 1-2 villages of EIs to raid with would be beneficial, it would also allow you to take more risks and possibly raid some semi inactive players for some marco raids to supplement your list raiding.

I would be with the others, I understand the idea, but really it would just complicate the game. Perhaps your next server on one of the new worlds will provide better raiding with numbers hopefully boosted.