COM2 (2020-2021) - End Speech

• I don´t know about com traditions, but we´ve had this one on Fi domains as long as I can remember. When the server is over the winning team opens up with a victory speech or end speech. After that the word is free and everyone is welcome to come clean about stuff that happened or bothered them, just to congratzulate people or whatever they want. The content depends on the people, but I hope to see some nice stories to read from people. I could say I´m well known for my long and detailed end speeches. This one is a pretty well structured, so it is easier to skip some parts you might not be that interested in.

I have to say I’m amazed at this point. The best of the best and this happened? How is that possible? Jokes aside, really good and fun server, good job everyone! Huge congratz to everyone on the winning Team! I´m proud of you! I would like to think that even tho I have not been around for a while my work still mattered in the bigger picture. Atleast I hope it did. But this is not a ”victory speach”. That is not mine to write. This is me filling a promise I made and it is someone else´s job to tell how this happened in the end. I could say there are four parts in this writing.

Part One covering what happened preserver.

Part Two covering everything that happened before d137 (the day I quit)

Part Three covering KORNSNÖ

Part Four covering individual players/accounts and their performance

I promised you a long and juicy end speech. I´m very sorry I can´t fully offer you what I promised, but I´ll still try my best. Before jumping back into 2020 February when this all started I want to light everyone the decision I made right before year changed, because it has been haunting me since then and I´ve had hard time getting over that decision and I feel like I need a good closure. I´ve felt horrible for that decision for these past months and as any sane person can say that is not a healthy thing to happen after quitting a game. So at the same time I´m glad I was able to get some distance to this game after all these years. When I get into talking about this server you will get a better understanding why I was so done and burnt out at that point (pretty common stuff, but still), but the biggest reasons for this decision came from my real life. As many of you know, I´ve been playing this game since December 2007 and for past 5-6 years been learning to lead as well with varying success. These days I have kids, job, loan, wife, studies, dreams and during last December I also got an amazing job offer. There was a long sick leave coming for the head of culture in my hometown, starting 11.1.2021 and I was asked to fill that position. I´m studying cultural management atm. so it was really an amazing opportunity. At the same time I knew if I continued playing I´d have to slow down a lot to actually make that work well for me. For a while all seemed good, but then that one night came that kind of made the decision for me. I was so tired, I´ve never had a burnout like that on this game.

PS. If you wanna have a chat with me, just contact me in discord (AFK#7270). I have not yet completely decided about my future. I will keep playing, but I seriously have to consider on what level and with who to make it a smart choice. I have few different ideas on my mind, but we´ll see!

Part One - Preparations

Getting some love from the swedes and the first idea for future

Many have been wondering what is true and what is not etc. but to be honest, majority was true. We just wanted to highlight certain things that played in our favour. We got beaten by the swedes and we did not get along well back then. We were also not prepared for the challenge and had a lot of bad luck, drop outs, but they were also better and they had few really resistant beasts running it all. No denying that. We lost like 75% of our team and run everything by just a handfull of people and I slowly started gathering few trusted guys to go for a smoother and more relaxed run after the beatdown. That happened in early february 2020. We talked about an easy server with a small group of people that can pull their own weight. Just to have fun.

Funny sidenote, afterwards when we got to talk more about last server it was brought to our attention that we were really not as bad as we thought and we were able to actually give some hard times for the swedes. With a better functioning group like what we were able to bring here it might have been a lot more balanced run.

Some weeks passed and I made few more recruits, or was able to pursue some people I still wanted to play with, but were not mentally ready to go for another round quite yet. Also after the past server ended the mood was turning better. At the same time some people were also really excited about the challenge that the swedes provided. Older players that have not had a good fight in years. They wanted a rematch and were lurking in my private actively trying to convince me to start gathering people for that and finally it payed off. I knew my crew was mainly not ready for that and it was not something majority wanted at that point, but I went on and recruited few skilled and much liked people that were looking for that rematch. We slowly started working to make the atmosphere and mutual will change towards that aswell. Overall this was really hard. I did not want to recruit too many too fast, but I knew I had to start convincing certain people already without letting others know about that.

I also started to look for options, where to play, what to do etc. and kept the slow recruitment on. I believe the situation is pretty much the same in nordics than it is in here. Just a handfull of good and trustworthy players and you need to fill out with what you can get. Just scales depending on the size of the domain. I just did not want to take anything I could get, I actually tried to gather proper players. Bigger problem has always been how to bring a lot of big egos together that don´t really like or appreciate each other. That is where my place really is, in the middle of it, trying to control the situation and make sure drama does not go too far.

I also happened to get some recommendations about players I did not know earlier and as I wanted to get to know them better before making decisions I actually went to play some techs or idles on other servers for a while to talk to and bond with these guys. We were able to recruit a few this way aswell. On one of these trips I started running into Loffe while I was working on that and also started to ask about their future plans. It became pretty clear pretty fast that a rematch would not happen. Instead I ended up asking him and raymon to join us aswell.

Regarding the choise where to play; When I first heard about this com2 I was not completely sure if that would be a good choise, but things started to roll forward. I was looking from various different domains, but there really was nothing promising to look for, so my thoughts were going more and more towards this com2… so I started planning. I used different topics to affect different people to get their attitudes change and took some risks. In the end we made the decisions together by having some polls and luckily they turned out just as I had planned them. As you can see, I´m somewhat good with people. I find the right carrots for each individual and learn how to work with them as individuals. It is also the biggest part of my style to lead. Im a people person and people leader. It can be seen as manipulation and control aswell and partially it is that, but also about finding the strenghts and weaknesses of people and using that information to make people better. I truly respect every individual I play with and try to do my best to keep them motivated and happy. I love these guys and I’m also willing to do a lot for them. Majority of my time is spent on private making sure everything is okey and people are motivated and developing their accounts properly. Even tho I´ve taken some major leaps on the strategical side of leading I rarely screw up on the HR side. My people like me even tho I´m not perfect.

As you know, Loffe and Raymon also decided to join us. At some point we were also talking about forming a nordic meta, but instead we decided to still aim for this fun playstyle with a smaller group. They would gather their own small group and play with us. This way it would be easier to control our people and avoid bigger dramas. I hope that someone from their side will cover up their journey. We planned the major lines together and we had shared management since the start. I believe that is the most important thing to say and I leave rest for Duat to tell.

The big decision was made: Com2, here we come!

When we decided to go for com2 I started working a lot towards getting to know different groups and people that play in them. I have some history on coms and I had some people in different groups that I was able to get some info, old friends. Their names will stay as a secret because I don´t want to do any harm to them. I spent a lot of time on forums aswell and talking with a lot of different people. Also talked to leaders of every meta. We knew that metas would be huge compared to ours and that put some pressure on me to recruit more. I really did not want to do that, but felt like it was something I had to do. Also the fact that the first impression of this server was that there would be really good groups with really good players. Hype around it and talking with various different people and just being crazy about what it would be like. Maybe I should have stayed more calm about it all and wait and see, but I did what I did. I want to mention this, because we ended up getting a lot of 3x players and the kinds that are not really the best people to have around you. There were some really bad recruits, but more about those individuals in the last part.

We had decided to keep our cooperation as a secret to gain some adventage and better coverage. From the beginning we built everything on top of the idea of getting UD and making as good Unique arte coverage as possible. We also wanted to cover atleast half of the central zone. UD and that position would pretty much give us the change to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted and to whoever we wanted to. We did not want to tie ourselves up to any big plans, but ofcourse we had to give some carrots and hope to our players about different things that might happen.

While getting to know other metas better there were some rough decisions to be made. We wanted to stay independent, but the idea of this whole server was to have a lot of fun and just screw around and make people mad. We never planned to go for a win and If we took ww it would be only to fool people. We did not want ww hammers nor other priority targets so def work would be less stressfull. When Brezzok pretty much offered us what we really wanted for free I could not resist the temptation. Also at that point we had the image of them being superior compared to everyone else on the server so I also justified that decision by the fact that taking control of the center close to them would offer us the best chance possible to do pretty much whatever we wanted or decided to do. When Vices broke up I was really close to change this plan, but did not. Also, I kinda felt empowered by the fact that in a way I would be returning to finnish roots in terms of playing dirty. Becoming something I had hated for majority of my travian career, but also as the point was to show middle finger to everyone, why not. I also want to emphasize. This, like many other decisions were made by me and I´m the one you should hold responsible if you still have crudge for it. I wanna be honest and stand behind the decisions I make. Good and bad ones. Ofcourse everyone on our side knew and was preparing for this, thus agreed. But the decision was mine.

Game plan

There was a lot to do and lot to organize. Trying to enjoy of some free time aswell before it all started. Focus on my wife and kids, but the truth is I was spending more than half of my time awake on this game even before summer. This is a nasty game, atleast has been for me. It sucks me in and does not let go. It might have something to do with my character, I get addicted to stuff really easily. I analyzed a lot what swedes did and also talked with finnish ex-leaders about their experiences from years ago when playerbases were bigger on Fi domains aswell. A lot of the things that we experienced when playing against swedes were not new to some, more likely just forgotten and not felt as important anymore, because there had not been much competition on finnish servers for few years so strategic things did not really matter and majority were just focusing on minmaxing simming or troop amounts.

Teching was something we thinked a lot about. It was normal that idle accounts were taken by active players and played for the benefit of the rest or the ones who took them over, but using techs in a way that swedes did was something only Zimpero had done earlier. Many wanted to try out techs, but as you know already there were way less of those than you actually thought. We just wanted to try and keep them hidden as long as possible.

Same thing could be said about many things. With account setups I gave some leash and we did not have exactly the kind of roster we aimed for, but for me keeping people motivated and interested is more important than 100% efficiency. Soi f we get roman def accounts shall there be those. Ordering capitals was accepted, but playing with really bad capitals was something I had to spend a lot of time working with. Also the fact that most hc accounts were ready to settle on their techs way faster than part of the mains was problematic. It is not all about efficiency, but also about the experience. That means keeping people motivated when a lot of people were feelings down because what they got. When actions started people started to understand and accept the benefit, but this playstyle was not something many enjoyed. I believe that could also be seen on some drop outs and cases of low motivation.

I’m not sure how well you guys know how finnish alliances work or if it differs from your culture, so I try to explain it shortly. Big egos, toxic banter and selfish attitudes. Lots and lots of that. I got a lot of critisism about some of my recruits (mostly about Zimpero – Idalinnea) who are great players in their own way, but they are really a pain in the butt to deal with. In some ways Zimpero was able to be even more trouble than normally. But the point is, there is a lot of work required to control & keep people calm the way I run things. Gladly I´ve played with almost everyone of these guys before, with majority for years even so the biggest work had been already done during these years. But regarding the work, ofcourse I can only blame myself for doing that.

That is also one of my strengths. I like to focus on individuals and talk with people. That way I can follow how people are doing and adjust my expectations, but also know how far people are willing to go and how to get best out of them. What they need to be able to bring the best they can to the table. That is not always the optimal way, but I try to find ways to make it work. I want that people enjoy the game the way that I do.

That is a lot of work, often really exhausting, but at times also really rewarding. I usually spent majority of my time on this aspect. Learning and spending more time on strategical aspects was also away from my normal people time. But all in all, I believe that my leading skills took a nice step forward again. Strategical aspects are really fun to think about and was nice to be able to learn.

So, main focus of early game would be on getting prepared for artes and after that just helter skelter and never stop the madness!

AFK´S leading mentality

This is a part you can just skip if you want, but as I had some good conversations regarding the way I do things I also want to open it up a bit more in here aswell. In my eyes, leadership consists of four more or less equal parts. You have your resource, your players. Then you have operative management, that pretty much covers the daily routines, off and def coordination, etc. Strategic management is often seen as the most important part and often people see strategic + operative side as one, but I like to seperate them. Ofcourse operative side must be built on top of strategies, but keeping them seperated has worked well for us. And then we have HR, which is often seen as a burden in travian or not worthy to spent time on it at all.

So yeah, I´m good with people and I believe that harvesting the potential of individuals is the best option in this game. Why do we play this game? To win mainly, but every person has their own reasons, personal goals, deeper needs for playing this game and when we get into this it gets more complicated. It is not anymore just about winning. So what I do is I want to get to know the people I play with, learn what they enjoy and want from this game, why they play this and what makes them happy. Also what is going on irl. This way I have better tools to get more out of them and push them for better results. This is also something you have to take into consideration in strategic planning and this is the reason why I want to seperate strategic and operative sides. If you just think about the best possible ways you possibly dominate more easily, but it might not serve your players as much. This partially happened during this round because we focused more on good strategies, but it was not that big of a problem for us, because of the shared history. I could not have asked the things I asked from my players if I did not know them so well and if they did not trust me, it would not have worked either.

On our earlier servers strategic part has been really small, because I´ve been a strong HR focused leader and people have started to see that as something that holds us together and works for us. I rarely get involved in the operative management, that is completely on the hands of my def and off coordinators. I trust them, but ofcourse I follow it closely, help when and if I can and give input when that is required in terms of bigger picture, that is also important because that way I can push the players into right directions in terms of account development. In management we discuss a lot about strategical side. I mainly do the decisions based on general concensus of management team and the players, but in the end there has to be someone responsible for the decisions made, even if those are made together it is important that there is someone holding it together and to blame if things go badly.

This is a really interesting wholeness and I could discuss about it for days. When you start to think more about it you can see that these four factors are really tightly tied together.

Part Two - Let the games begin!

Going for capitals

First days of the server were really hectic as you can quess. Planning capitals and trying to map it all as well as possible. Not only to have good positions for different type of accounts but also how to prepare my own account as well as possible for UD. Also keeping people motivated. GZ was really good for us, but outside of that there were not many good spots and I knew that would require some motivational conversations with my peeps.

I had split our accounts to few smaller groups before server started to have a better control over the locations of different type of accounts. I did not want to completely order who goes where, this way there atleast was a theoretical chance for everyone to get a better spot. We had agreed about a line with GOATS about settlings, but it did not really matter to us. Ofcourse I could not give out too many spots over that agreed line to not make it too chaotic too fast. But I believe we did really well with our capitals in any way. Getting just the spots we wanted. Only thing I was really worried about were Zimperos techs (MULA & BUSA) that he placed too far even tho I asked not to do that. Other thing was PAX. He was also a bit far from the rest, but not too far in the end, as it turned out quite well.

We got our capitals on the map. It was really important for us to stay aware of the possible diplomatic relations, because that would affect our targets heavily. Ofcourse the war with GOATS was necessary sooner or later, but that was required just to clear the unique radius. Other than that we were not interested in them any more than others. There was some poking on both sides in the beginning. They were mad to us for crossing the line, but there were also some players on our side not too happy about having them as neighbours. I was amazed that Brezzok or others did not seem to question it at all. During those first 43 days I was always waiting for the peace to be broken, but it never happened. At times there was silence for days. But also he shared a lot with me. Before server started , but also during those days in the beginning. He handed me a lot of material to make it easier to start that war. Ofcourse it was all just to fool the rest, but it worked atleast for a while.

We were growing really well in the beginning as an alliance. Topping the charts. We looked for the right time to make the move and it was offered to us when there was talk about going against Duat with GoW. When that discussion was had it would not be too suspicious to see that our simming started to slow down.

No matter what people might say about the atmosphere or small mistakes and banter, but the action was great. Majority did what we supposed them to do and they were prepared. The actual war was amazing. We made sure early enough that people could be there around that weekend to just keep going. It went on for several weeks without getting bigger resistance. Our offensive section took turns on controlling it, even tho majority was organised by players themselves within the given frames in the smaller groups. They pretty much gave us the unique area for free and it was pretty easy to take the control that we always wanted. There was that unsuccesfull ops closer to arties, well, it was pretty obvious wall, but we had to try to do something, because they had one account sitting right on the spot it should not have been. That might have ruined everything, so losing some sweeps was not a problem for us at that point.

After the war

We had our first deletes and dropouts already before war, but more just kept happening after the war that put some pressure on us. We had talked that we would not start to play anyones account if a player quit. Although that did not really happen. Ofcourse we could have just deleted those and kept going without them, but for some reason we started hoarding them for the management. I myself was running 7 accounts at worst times.

We had to get back on simming pretty fast after the war. Especially the ones without techs, because once again I had crazy expectations for artes. Like I said earlier, everything we did preartes we did to get the best possible situation for the arte spawns. Those were tough times and the ones that had techs tried to ease it a bit for those that did not. Some were running on really low productions having troops sitting they had no use for and were stille cxpected to start queuing cavalry sweeps for artes soon. I have to give credit for these guys, somehow they were able to pull what I wanted and keep their accounts going into right directions.

The most enjoyfull part for me after the war were mind games. The whole #Justice4Pax Propaganda was just genious. All the memes, all the leaked screenshots and given lies. Well, not lies. It was partially true. If we did not come to the server with Duat, we might have ended up doing the same thing on that situation because how it looked back then. But yeah, I enjoyed that a lot. Also the mind games following that. Talking with different people, with plan, without plan… At times I’m not sure If even I knew what we were going to do. Just go with the flow type of things. But I also gotta say right now that it was really what I wanted of this server. For me it did not matter if people trusted me or not, atleast not in the beginning. At latter times it started bothering me a more as I´m a social person and like to talk with people and it was a bit harder to find those connections with people because of our actions. Despite all this I´m really glad there were some people that did not care of what I say and if it is true ot not.

Tech wizards

Right now I´m not talking about tech accounts. I´m talking about tools and people that create those tools. In finnish scene we have always had few expectional players that work on that field and also have liked to do stuff to help on the game. Throughout the years there have been propably hundreds of different tools created and used. Metsamies is a veteran leader who still hangs around and plays with us. He has provided a lot of different tools for us during the years, mostly excel based stuff. For this round things took a major leap forward when Gonu (+ some others interested on these matters) started to create more advanced and precise tools for us.

Before the server started he had already moved the old offensive planner of metsamies into a lightweight software to make it run a lot smoother. Other than that he created a tool to help out scouting. You could basically choose what you wanted and it gave us lists to give to scouters. When to send, where to send, etc. Send time scouts, it also counted exact sending times for our ghosts for counters. Small things really, but in the bigger picture important ease in the hurry to have and saves a lot of time. But the biggest improvement he created was a def bot. Basically how it works is that we have a channel in discord dedicated for this bot. We send screenshot of incoming attacks into that channel with simple command:

!incoming ”playname”

”other line for extra info”

Then the bot will extract all needed information from the picture and paste it into our def sheets. it works perfectly on every format, the picture just has to be good enough so that the bot can read it. Just amazing to have these guys around.

This bot made the def work so much easier for everyone and it made it a lot easier to inform the incoming attacks, no matter where you were.

On top of that he created the cropbot we used to track our diet village situations. We had channels for every seperate villages with crop bot and needed players in them and the players feeding could manage the consumption & add their feeding so it was fairly smooth. Just needed some manual rests at times. Some we did daily and some weekly, depending on the people really.

Artefacts

We had 34 main accounts in our group so the following numbers are pretty impressive in terms of attendance. Ofcourse techs provided some of those, but still.

Arte sweeps (All cavalry)

5x Unique EI sweeps

8x Large EI sweeps

2x Large TT sweeps

8x small EI sweeps

11x small TT sweeps

Catapoints

77x catapoints

Heroes

47x heroes for pickups

We did the required background work to spot the correct locations from the boonies for the arties we wanted. We had split the map with Duat to get as good coverage as possible. We were actually able to settle the catavillages pretty close to where the artes spawned, but majority spawned far between our settled villages. I don´t really remember anymore how much work did it require to coordinate that, but I remember that determining good spots from the map took us two nights, more or less. There were 2-5 guys sitting in voice, scanning the map and listing possible point locations, listing distances to closest enemies, enemy tribes, possible off locations closeby etc. a lot of important work was made to be sure that those would be on good spots and that we could also use them and maybe lure some enemy sweeps aswell. We did not settle any catapoint that we could not def against chiefs nor zeroing attempt (in the boonies). But those nights are most likely ones of the best memories from this server. Working together for hours. After all that was done it was time to make the calls, who to go where etc. Everyone had res for the infra in herobag.

The actual arte coordination did not go that well. We were a bit slow and the way we coordinated it was a bit different than what was informed. We got some critisism about that later and agreed on that. We also got some critisism that was not really argumented well and that heated up the situation. I don´t really know how that can even happen, but we missed 4x pick ups just because someone did not send or screwd it up. One of those screw ups blaming us for his mistake… He just kept going and going and… Will open that up in the last section. But others were having problems aswell and we were able to sneak some free artes aswell. But the actual catch was more or less perfect. Large Storage would have been really nice (we lost 3x because people did not send/screwd up). Most important part, UD, was ours. I was screaming inside (not in reality, because I had worked the night before, slept 2h and my kids were taking a nap during that time).

We were also pretty slow on getting things working properly with artes. This was also the moment when we started working more closely together with Duat and I believe that is partially the reason why it was a bit rusty in the beginning to get artes moving etc. But we had already agreed on what goes where, how to do the rotations etc. So no bigger problems, just slow start. Earlier we have had all planned out in a way that we know straight away what goes where and we can start getting benefit straight away.

Towards the end of my time

I have been moving forward fairly fast, but as I´ve had my distance from the game I have also forgotten a lot of small details. I remember the bigger lines. After artes we got UD up and running pretty fast. It did not take long to get everything possible sitting under diet. Although GOATS and Zerg started putting pressure on us pretty fast and we had to keep our def moving all the time. We also had plenty of arte sweeps left. Some were used horribly, pretty much wasted. Some were used more smartly, but there was one problem with some of our single player accounts without techs. They were really stuck with their low capitals, production blocked by sweep and def. We had to start slowly easing that situation, account by account. Get those sweeps used and def to eat somewhere for free so that they would have time to get their productions up.

Zimpero lost small fool which was hard thing to deal with. Raymon and B0b were already fed up with Zimpero and his attitude, but this brought it to a whole new level. Zimpero made a huge deal out of this and he was like a ticking timebomb back then. No one could really know what he would do. He felt really bad for what had happened, but he did not know how to handle the situation so he did the only thing he could. He got drunk often and created more problems. I spent a lot of time trying to work on that and finally, actually just a bit before I made my decision to quit he was calmed down a bit and we were able to make somekind of a peace between him and others. Tbh this was just the tip of the iceberg between the tensions between us and Duat.

Our cooperation worked really well and we were one team, there is no denying that and I don´t think there was a true risk of anything horrible to happen, but the situation needed monitoring. In many cases our players were not as calm and precise as Duat´s. Even tho we played on a high level, we were not as ”professional” as them. Atleast that was the impression of the situation back then. Duat also kept hinting often about this fact. It was also an image that to me atleast it seemed that Duat wanted to keep up. We really did not know what was going inside their group despite the shared channels. In the other hand our people were most of the time all over the place. Small mistakes here and there and it did not bother us too much, but seems like those were a really big deal to Duat.

But mainly on top of controlling the atmosphere and situations it was about learning how zerg opses and gaining the knowledge needed to wall them and at the same time raise our mobile amounts massively and prepare our sweeps to be ready for opsing. If zerg had decided to go full force on us earlier instead of Gunners it might have changed the course, but already around d130 we would not have had any problem deffing against them. We were ready and waiting eagerly for them to do that to wall them!

Part Three - KORNSNÖ

Preparing for the server

I started leading alliances mainly, because there were no good leaders left I trusted or wanted to play with. I did not want to waste my time and struggle too much with alliance perspective. But that has never been why I play this. I´m one of those that enjoy the game a lot. I want to make crazy accounts and it is easy for me to admit that I´m selfish, my own account comes always first, but if and when that is under control, I´m willing to do more or less anything for the team.

I believe the first idea for KORNSNÖ was to be Roman hybrid, 4-6 ghosts and legos as def. I wanted trustworthy duals for this server and I was able to get Padalino and Jönssi to run the account with me. About these guys, both of them are solid. I trust them a lot and I´m 110% sure that if they were there with me there would not have been a burnout and I would have kept playing. Phoenics was recruited to take charge of the techs and it was also my intention to recruit 3-5 players to run techs. Anhape did a really good job, so did Jönssi as that was what he was able to do after all. Phoenics also covered his area really well. Others, not so much.

So yeah, me Padalino and Jönssi were playing around with different ideas a lot. Tho mainly it was me just spamming different ideas to our account chat :D At one point I started talking about UD mixed with ghosts to support the feeding. Like beeing a fat tech for the whole alliance to use. From that we moved to UD + 4x Unique arte sweeps + praets to support standing in UD. Our techs were also supposed to help on the standings, but mainly they provided the needed production in the end. But yeah, the plan was there. I also wanted to place the arte sweeps on different sides of the quad to have good coverage and somehow we also decided to settle every village to be a feeder after artes to get instant use out of them.

I like to plan a lot and enjoy having someone else on the account to challenge me and my ideas, make them better. I usually have 4-5 different sheets/server for different kind of notes and plans. For alliance stuff, account stuff, management and personal.

I was really confident with this account and setup. I had what I needed to be able to focus on leading responsibilities properly. But it all came down something like week before server started, as both Jönssi and Padalino informed that they had to skip. I was able to convince Jönssi to run a tech, but Pada was gone for good. That was the worst possible thing to happen. The account is the most important part of the game for me. I would not sacrifice from that, but there were no good choises for me. I did not want to start rearranging the account setups to get proper duals, not sure if that would have been possible even. I started spamming people that I trust and ended up skipping earlier, trying to convince even one proper players to the account, but that was just hopeless.

I don´t wanna sound too rough on the others, but the setup I was able to make had only one person I could really trust on top of me. I had played with Ilpo earlier aswell. He played 50% of the nights and helped a lot during the days aswell. He was a solid guy and he cared for the account and took responsibility for it. As long as he was around I felt pretty good about things. Haukkajainen was a harmless drunk, he was okeyish, but not really trustworthy as I could not always trust him to be there. He also played mainly nights. These guys shared the nights and Bärsc was a really promising new guy from 3x scene. In the beginning he was really motivated and interested and I hoped to get more out from him, but in the end he did not play much and quit pretty early because of wanting to focus on real life. And then there was bruce. I know he is somewhat of a wildcard on snails as he calls these, some nights he helped out and some nights he did not. After some point when there were 2-3 days I was not able to reach him I just stopped asking. This setup felt okeyish so I just kind of let that be there waiting for the server to start so I could focus on more urgent matters.

During the first 100 days

I took control over KORNSNÖ in the beginning I played 14-20h/d and tried to get someone to cover the nights. It did not bother me as I was there anyway online pretty much around the clock. There is always something magical in the air when new server starts. We had a decent start as a roman and were able to settle a good 150% 15c in GZ. Haukkajainen was mainly helping out on techs during that time and we did a lot of boosting all around the alliance to get the settlers running as fast as possible. Everything was going smoothly and I did not pay much attention to what was going on as Ilpo was covering majority of the time I could not play.

So yeah, Bärsc did not play much and quit pretty early on. I tried to recruit someone to take his spot, but it was hard and as we were managing it kind of just stayed like that. In the beginning it was a pain in the ass to play the account, because of the way we were settling and the pressure to get everything ready so that we could start queues in time. There were also goals for the upcoming war. Decided to go for +10k praets and chiefs. At some point Haukkajainen moved his focus to KORN aswell as I hoped to get a bit help during days aswell and at times it worked pretty well. We were also able to start all 4x EI queues in time, but at the time when we were pushing for the HDT´s I realized that we could prolly not make it. Also I badly wanted to hit something with horses so it was easy decision to drop one of the unique sweeps from the plans. Queue plans did not have much space for slacking, so it was really important to keep on schedule as after HDT´s we had to start going towatds GS´s.

Everything was actually going pretty nicely on the account until Ilpo´s vacation started. He was supposed to be away for 3 week, but that break ended up being close to few months. That is when the problems started. I was already playing pretty big hours on the account and after Ilpo was away It started to be a bit too much for me. Haukkajainen was there at times, and at times he was not. I could really not trust him and often I had to stay up until 2-3am to see if he would come or not and wake up after 6 for work. Sometimes he did and sometimes did not. That was really exhausting in its own way as I could never completely trust if there was someone. I was able to get Bruce watch over at times and sometimes I even asked babel (crazy guy from kuwait) to watch for the account. My biggest saviours were Gonu and Hönö as they took over as sitters and helped when the times were the worst.

At any point I did not let the account start idle. I even took some idle accounts to run during the way. It was mainly fun, but I would have needed a dual that had some self-initiative and more interest on the account and server. Too many times I had to ask help from my own duals to watch the account even for few hours. They knew it would be a pretty hectic account and I also might have had too big expectations, but I don´t want to settle for a half***ed work.

I also recruited Murikka and Hemoz to help, but it was close to nothing as I was still playing those big hours. Hemoz was actually a good pick, but did not have much time to help, but when he could, I could also trust the account for him and relax. Somehow we managed, account did not suffer from this situation, alliance did not suffer from this situation, but I did suffer. I know it now. It was too much for me, I clearly could not handle keeping up with those +18h days. I just did not realise it back then. But we were able to queue 3x Unique sweeps. 2x were around 29k EI and third was around 23k EI, so enough with Hero.

Arte time

It was time for artes and I had to come up with a solid solution. I knew this account would not be able to serve it´s purpose with it´s current setup. Kalkkuna was playing on Bästis,, but his dual was not really playing much and he was tired of that. They had also croplocked their own account pretty early on and messed up their tech usage, so him playing on BÄSTIS was wasted potential in my eyes. He played nights and was really active and we made a deal, that I would rearrange new accounts to people on KORN and we would turn our ghosts to off´s and he would jump to help me. Hemoz also stayed.

This happened pretty close to artes. Everything was mainly going really well on KORN. I could see kalkkuna getting a bit more sloppy as weeks passed, there were some incidents with starvation in our capital, minor ones, but still. He managed mainly well, but he was also hoarding accounts to handle and help around. Kind of a thing that can happen if you play nights, but I warned not to take too much.

We started conquering feeders from Duat so our life became a lot easier. I could focus more on my schoolwork again and also on leading responsibilities and I think we did pretty fine for over a month. Kalkkuna was active enough and hemoz covered a bit and was helping also on some inactive accounts I had taken to run. But yeah, then that one night came. I got drunk, Kalkkuna was taking care of the account. I woke up next day, there had been a starvation party in the UD cap and it started a lot of drama and that was too much for me. I did not really have any breaks from the game for these 137 days. This was something like my 3rd or 4th night during whole server when I did not even think about the account. I needed that to relax. Things were starting to look better…

I wanted to have a moment to relax, but it turned out completely opposite. Like I said earlier I have now realised it was not only about that particular moment, it was just the factor that pushed me over the edge. But I´m glad that happened.

Part Four - team IKEA

It is time to move to the interesting stuff that people have been waiting. First I will cover the management side and after that I will go through every account.

Def Coordination

Arget is one of the best guys I know and he is one of the rare cases that I would go with no questions asked. His attitude is amazing, in most cases he can keep the toxic bs to himself and control his actions and what he says. He is stable, fun to talk with, smart, but most importantly he has really good attitude. It always takes some time for him to warm up for new servers and actions, but you can always trust him to stand up and help when you are about to fall. Everyone should have someone like him on his team. He is also really dedicated when it comes to dc work and does not make a big deal out of it.

I would say Tempus has grown to fill in big boots. Just in few round he became one of the most important parts of our core. He is not afraid to work and he is always ready for it. He is not as relaxed and experienced as Arget and it could be seen at times. His temper is a lot shorter and it can be seen :D He also can’t control himself that much, when something bothers him he is really open about it. He explodes at times, but not in public. That is what management rooms are for! He contributed a lot keeping our off bank & def numbers up to date on top of the excellent dc work.

I don’t have much to say about Kadonnut. He is a bot. In some ways I feel like he has always been somewhat of a shoulder to lean on for me. Voice of sense. On top of that he is one of the things I know that will always be there and do what is required. I knew in the beginning he would not take as big role as earlier because of his irl situation, but he still did a lot of really good and important work and like arget, he stands up when it is needed.

Tempest, Kämmis, Superriku. They were the extra helping hands supposed to also help on the def side. I can’t say how it turned out in the end, but atleast in the beginning they were there when they could. They did not provide as much as Tempus or Arget, but they were important parts aswell to make this work. I always hope to see people step up, but that is rarely seen. Does not make their work less valuable tho.

Kämmis and Superriku were more stable, Tempest on the other hand was a bit all over the place at times. Really eager to help and work and has the activity and attitude for it. You should have trusted yourself more and not be so sorry about being there and doing stuff. You need some confidence my man! You were there and ready to work is the most important part!

N3x3, we’ve had a long journey together and there are times when people get lured back to the real life. If you ever wanna play again, make sure to let me know, we still have not played together like we’ve planned several times during these years ;)

Off coordination

Jimb00 is the clown you should mainly blame for all of this. He was the biggest influencer when it comes to choosing Com2 and going for challenge. He wanted challenge and he is one of the best offensive coordinators I know. Getting him to play and lead was something I’ve wanted for many years, since he is more or less the former me in finnish scene. Amazing work! It was a pleasure to do this with you! He was also one of the main contributors when it comes to planning the bigger lines of this server. He does not make a voice of what he does, but he has his fingers on a lot of stuff.

Metsamies. Once again you had no big role, but your presence was an important factor. Having support & opinions from a veteran like you is always nice to have. Even tho it could be seen in early game that your judgement was a bit clouded by having Galaxy Song there in the neighbour early game :D I believe I’m getting where you are and maybe find a more healthier way of playing this game.

Gonu… you are a wizard! You are a freeking technology wizard with your softwares, but also a lot more. Besides Kadonnut you were the 2nd guy I always knew I could turn to when feeling down or needing help with mental side. You understand the burden.

Duat management

Loffe, Raymon and B0b were the ones we mainly did the planning with. They had their own side, we had ours, but interests and goals were mutual. Until bigger drama came forward I feel like it was pretty easy to work with you. We were on a same level with many things. Also I want to thank you a lot for showing me the ways on strategical front and your advice was really important for me. Thanks for being there!

Loffe was the one that could keep himself together in every situation and in some ways I can see same things in us. We care and we want the best for our guys. Raymon and B0b in the other hand got a bit heated at times. Ofcourse people got heated on our side aswell when there were mistakes and stupid drama, but it is part of the game, atleast it has been for us for years. There has really not been times when you happen to get a dream team where no one does mistakes and it is just raimbows and sunshines. You are ruining the experience yourselves if you get too deep with that negativity stuff. From yourselves and from everyone around you aswell. When we have this kind of mass of players there are always some bombs in there. I admit that Zimpero was too much most of the time, if we did this again I prolly would not even consider taking him.

Zimpero – IDALINNEA

Good player, but horrible on many aspects. Often drunk, causing stupid drama just for fun, provoking… list goes on and on. I’m sorry to say this, but you are one of the main reasons that lead me to that mental stage of being able to quit. I can handle a lot. I don’t mind getting the negativity on me as usually someone has to be the bucket and there is a reason behind why people are like that. But after all I did for you, defended you and tried to keep you with us you kept blaming us and me for your own mistakes or whatever and could not admit making any mistakes yourself. Maybe I’m just getting old or tired, but you got me this time. Your attitude and continuous accusations for this and that were too much for me. Before I left we made some kind of truce and you gave up a bit on your ****. But it did not matter anymore.

Arte coordination was a bit messy, but you also lost us 2x artes, because you were messing around. Then you blamed us for placing the catapoints horribly and everything was our fault. You lost the fool to GOATS which also started a war inside our alliances, but somehow we were able to calm the situation and even talk about getting you back in trainer rotations. You´ve said I´m one of the few who has earned your respect, but the way you treated me at times was stating completely the opposite. I know that is who you are and it is hard to be something else, but man…. I don´t have anything else to say to you. I´m done. Enough is enough.

Keisari, miks, weeder – KURA

I expected more from you guys. I understand there was lack of motivation and you did not quite know how to use your techs, but no one really did in the beginning. You were behind others on some aspects and atleast until d70-80 you kept blaming that on the fact that you had to push for early catas and it slowed you down. You were not the only one to make such sacrifices and that did not slow others down. All of this would not have been a problem if you did not make it one. You often found subjects to whine about and made noise about small details and things. You are amazing players, team players, I know that. I have witnessed that. But this time you did not do as good as you could have done.

Vivis/Antti Tuisku/Nollastsataan – SMÅSPORRE

I don´t know if there were some mental problems, alcohol, drugs, or what it was. The dramaqueen number one making problems and suspecting shady stuff to be where there was not. He was playing with Sant on köttbulle in the beginning and he had responsibility of småsporre as their tech. But somehow he was able to alienate himself and make even the few who tried to help him hate him in the end. I hope not to see you again. You did some really nasty stuff trying to leak information to other metas and doing spy stuff.

Katatonia – FEMMEN VÅG

Milix was there with you in the beginning and that is sad you had to end up playing alone. One of the old great ones you still are, but did not really reach your maximum potential this round. Despite that a great player and usefull account with the resources you had. Always playing for the team!

Rasse, Körde - MAMMUT

These guys have been beasts for few years already. Amazing account, but you disappeared, screwd up arte day by not being there to send our biggest TT sweep (we asked to send, but it never happened and you never told about it) and were not that active. I know you had problems with motivation etc, but I hoped you would have been more open about that taking into account our shared history. If you ever feel like it tho, I´m always ready to play with you if you feel like it. Amazing players when motivated.

Janis, Zircon – BLANDA BLANK

Another case where it is shame that dual left. Zircon leaving affected Janis for sure and he took some longer breaks from the game and afaik also quit at some point. All in all, great teamplayer and amazing account without techs and small cap (with some love from Ptt and help to feeding from us).

Vilho & co – KOPPLA

Vilho always comes and brings small drama and his ego, still we love him in some way. He is part of the old scene, but at the same time I wish these guys would either step up a bit and do some goddam work or just stop playing (which is a funny thing to say because most likely they only join because some idiot is asking them to come). Okeyish account & sloppy work, best days are behind already. And he always drags a bunch of 3x scene players with him that really do not do much 😀 Although no any huge drama this time 😊

Sant, Sirppis - KÖTTBULLE

I´m so glad you were able to convince sirppis to come help you, but also sad at the same time because of what you had to go through because of vivis. You would have deserved a good run together, sad that it took this long from sirppis to realise what he was missing :D

Kuike, Janskuh – SNOBBIG

These guys just disappeared pretty early on. Communication was really hard pretty much always. I believe I talked the most with you before server actually started. You have the skills to actually have an impact on things, but that happens to all of us at times. Real life comes to our way. Would be nicer to let us know when you quit, would make it easier.

Kalkkuna, Zeppe - BÄSTIS

It is sad that Zeppe was not active enough. Also you guys had problems using your tech correctly. This led you croplocking your account early game with all that we required. Account development was not your strength. Kalkkuna did a great work on KORN for a while, sad he disappeared aswell.

Appeli – ALEX

Really promising account from a 3x player and good work as long as you were with us. One of the most important parts of our early game. Sad that you decided to quit, but team STUVA took a good care of your account after that 😊 Oh and yeah, points for actually telling us what is going on, respect for that! #Justice4Pax

Lasse, Eldersnarf - OANVÄND

Boys disappeared pretty early on and left me a decent account to grow as an extra tech.

Legoland, Jason - DRÖMSÄCK

Not much to tell about these guys. At times they were actually active and sounded really interested on stuff etc. But at the same time that talk was really not seen on account development.

Oka - MATMÄSSIG

Struggled alone with account full of stuff without a way out, but in my opinion not bad solo account from a player who does not have much time.

People from 3x scene – KLAPPALANDIA

The player just deleted his account and I decided to have some fun with him. He did not like that and blocked me :/ I take this game pretty seriously, so I dont really like people coming and going how they like. Especially without even talking about that beforehand. One of the reasons I did not like the random rush of these 3x players right when the server started.

Ricin, GreatA, Zucke – HEJAREN

These guys were showing some really nice potential, but there was also some wierd behaviour that could be seen at times. Afaik Zucke was pretty much idle, Ricin something inbetween and GreatA doing the lifting. We had some good conversations and it was nice getting to know you, but further we went the wierder stuff there happened.

OneandOnly – ÖDMJUK

Decent guy, not really vocal, decent work. Silent okeyish guy who could really benefit and take a leap onwards if he got himself a proper dual!

Sako, Ilpo - MICKE

Ilpo was originally supposed to play with Sako, but Sako decided not to play at all so I picked up Ilpo. At some point it came to our attention that Sako had actually made an account as his irl situation was not as bad as expected. Okeyish work from the account in a scary location.

Teris – LOPPSTARR

Trustworthy def player. Always pulls his own weight and is a true teamplayer round after round.

Tigereye - EKORRE

Few of our nordic recruits from past years have been really good. Tigereye is a guy I like more and more, round after round. He is willing to do work and carry more than what we expect. Amazing work once again! He truly deserves some applauds for his great work!

Gonu, Hönö, Ben – HILJA

I was dualing with Gonu and hönö last round and we had a lot of fun together. This round they did not want the pressure of playing on a crazy account, but all in all amazing work ingame and outside of it! Ben was the third guy, taking care of tech, but afaik he also had a role on the main when it was needed! This kind of setups are nice to have around and see them work and shine!

Arget, Tempus, N3x3 - STUVA

<3

Karpaasi, Ptt – LACK

These Boys originally started on different accounts and there were some promising 3x players running LACK, but as you can quess, they went buuf one by one. I took care of the account for few weeks before the situation got arranged. Ptt moved from Ikeamestari which was left as a tech and Karpaasi moved from BRAMSÖN, which continued to be ALGOT´s tech by other player. Karpaasi goes to the same category than majority of these guys I have played for long now and I understand really well how irl can affect, but I´m glad you still came and was able to do something. Ptt on the other hand. I can´t tell you how much I enjoyed seeing you enjoy this game again after these past years. And to those who don´t know, I´ve played with Ptt on something like 20 accounts this far, shame we are getting old, kind of miss the old days :D

Jimb00, Sane, Antza - BLÅHAJ

<3

Tempest, Petrn - ALGOT

Petrn is still moody, but in some way I enjoy having him around. He has become part of this group in some wierd way. I quess you just get emotionally attached to people after few years of playing together. Tempest on the other hand has taken huge leaps during past years on many aspect. Although like said before, you need more confidence my man, you are just fine! 😊

Lyks – TROFAST

I can´t really remember what I wrote about Lyks after last round, but I believe it looked close to what I´m going to say this time aswell. A great player, learning curve has been huge when comparing few years back. You have learned to play this game and you are an awesome person to play with and have around!

Jontsi – POKAL

Convincing work again from solo account without techs. Good job man! Great example of a basic teamplayer you need to have on your side to have a properly functioning alliance!

Jola, Potku – STOPP, DIMPA, DAIDAI

In some ways I feel bad for you and I feel responsible for that because of dragging you again to play another round. Amazing players, can´t say anything else. I put you in a hard place, but you know how I am. Hope to see you again in the future! You are the best!

Moxxi – TACKAN

Like bread and butter. I don´t even remember what I wrote about you last time or before that. And I don´t care, I love you man! You are always welcome and hope to play with you again in the future (Not in a gay way, tbh if you did not screw up badly I prolly don´t remember even if there were some hustle going on with someone :D)

Stone, Nikuzz – SENSUELL

This combination really scared me in the beginning, but it actually went really well. I got what I expected to get. Lot of banther, bad jokes, maybe one good one aswell and a decent off account with working techs. Nikuzz can be a bit rough at the edges at times, but he is a team player. Stone is a bit more flavourless and colorless version of Nikuzz imo. Not in a bad way :D

Havocc, Superriku, Karppi, Romppa – KLUBBSPORRE

Congratz for a nice off account! You had to do some sacrifices early on because of others making mistakes, respect for that! (Although not for cataing KURA in the end, even tho mans gotta keep their word right? :D)

Aeklav & Tarmo – JÄTTELIK

Dunno if tarmo actually played much there, but send my regards anyway… I still remember the first server we played on same team, it has been few years :D Gotta say it was a pleasure again after a while 😊 Hope to see you again in the future!

Vempula – KELGRIS

Was really fun talking with you about stuff. It is always fun to talk with someone who has brains and it is actually a conversation and not just a situation where you try to get something out from someone! And I don´t mean that others did not have brains, just that this is what came to my mind when I started thinking about you and this round. Really good work ingame aswell!

Basic & Twazi (Och) – PAX

I´m almost finished and I feel a bit like I just wanna get over with this fast, but at the same time I wanna tell you you are not the players that deserve that kind of treatment. Once again, amazing job from you two. It has been a pleasure getting to know you both during these past few years and see how good players you are. Really valuable pieces of this team, always a pleasure to play with you!

Metsamies, Kämmis - HJORTSVANG

Blaa blaa blaa, you already got your plaudits, nothing else to say to you! Try to stay alive!

I quess this is it. Tbh I´m a bit surprised that this was it all. I´m used to lot more. Although this story is just the beginning and there will be more. On the other hand. I´ve spent years building this group, this is a decent group and I´m proud of these guys and girls even with the drama and stuff. It was a pleasure once again.

Untill we meet again,

AFK

PS. to all the fins, I will never tell you my previous nick!

• Hello folks, Kadonnut here.

As AFK cannot write the remaining of IKEA story, I will do it on his behalf. The text below goes briefly through my memories about the server onwards AFK’s quitting day. There might be some factual errors and controversial topics included as I don’t possibly remember everything just as it actually happened. The main storyline is still correct.

After AFK quit

The rest of the management were naturally a bit shocked by AFK’s announcement to quit. Personally, I wasn’t too surprised, having followed the situation unfold on KORNSNÖ for a while from outsider’s perspective. The immediate following thought was that what is going to happen with the unique diet now that AFK is not looking after the myriad of diet villages anymore? Even if Kalkkuna said he will keep playing just the same as before AFK’s departure, we were a bit skeptical about it and the skepticism proved right sooner or later. Thankfully, Hemoz started taking a bigger role in KORNSNÖ management and despite his controversial personality and reputation among IKEA players, he took the responsibilities like a champ.

From IKEA management perspective, AFK leaving wouldn’t cause major changes in our daily activities. He didn’t participate much in the daily defense coordination nor offense planning anyways and those aspects stayed the same. However, like AFK mentioned in his own post, IKEA did lose a ”Human Resources” manager. AFK was the guy whose shoulder was always there for player’s account-related or personal issues, like stagnating motivation. None of the remaining management team was interested or willing to take that cape of Mother Theresa to wear – both me and Tempus were jokingly advertised to have our PM’s open for similar cases but in reality, neither of us had the energy for that. Luckily, our PM’s weren’t too popular aftera all. For a regular IKEA member that did mean they didn’t necessarily have anyone to talk seriously with, which might have affected their personal motivation. As an example of this, someone pointed anonymously out in our after-server feedback form that ”Management did surprisingly well despite AFK quitting”.

Quite soon after New Years Truce we were planning to start the operations towards zergers, in this case mainly GoW and GOATS. By the way, it was me who planned the oasis shenanigans against GOATS – our success rate was better than I expected and while the overall effects of the scheme remained little, at least one GOATS capital never conquered their third oasis back. Moving on, the operation-filled early year was pretty intensive for offense accounts. I do not have much to say about that since I didn’t participate in operation planning but what must be said is that despite the operations being mostly successful, they also increased the tensions between us and Duat – just not in the whole alliance level but on a personal level.

While operations kept running by the lead of planners, we were faced with the fact that zergers are sharing defense across alliances. It put us in an awkward position: to avoid GoW and GOATS getting defended by DND and South-Eastern alliances, we would need to fake them as well – or co-operate with GUNNERS by timing operations to avoid cross-defending. Since faking every zerg alliance would have been costly and tedious from us, the choice was quite clear, leading to the birth of ”zerg 2” as some called it. I don’t know all the details behind these arrangements if there are any so I will not go deeper into this, but in addition to timed opses, we shared defense to GUNNERS a couple of times as a response to original zerg. The decision to defend GUNNERS wasn’t received too well in IKEA since we were planning on going against GUNNERS before the zerging happened, which is why we only participated to one def call. Duat took part in some others as well and also caught some enemy offs, which was naturally up to them to decide.

Towards WW’s and plans

During the late winter we also started preparing ourselves for the endgame. Like AFK said, our goal on com2 was to have fun, create chaos and presumably be wiped off the map by strong metas. The last part was obviously not happening, forcing us to reassess our position: what is our stand in relation to building the WW and going after building plans? Like a proper democracy, we arranged a vote in both alliances with three options:

1) Build the Wonder of the World in a hardcore manner, mass-pushing defense from every account etc.

2) ”Midgård option”, as in doing the same here as Swedes did to IKEA on Nordics server: keep the operations running but also build WW infrastructure to several villages to be utilized for feeding if nothing else. If they get shot down, not the end of the world.

3) No WW building at all, just opses.

Option two won by a fair margin and this is what we naturally ended up doing. However, this was a controversial topic in managements in both IKEA and Duat. Some leaders were not willing to contribute to the WW on any level; others were keen on it. Based on the vote results, it seemed that most of members across alliances were supporting WW building and, at least in IKEA, the most vocal supporters of this route were regular members instead of management - even if some management people were involved in crowd manipulation as well.

The WWs were positioned to KORNSNÖ to gain the maximum benefit from unique diet and Hemoz orchestrated those mostly on his own, with the help of Tempest and petrn from ALGOT. As you should know by now, despite this gameplan for the endgame we had practically no WWK’s or WWR’s prepared for the final fights (except Eye of Ra, call that a WWR if you wish), leaving us in an underdog position in that regard. This issue might be fought by acquiring majority of building plans, for which we were perfectly positioned close to origo. We agreed that both alliances deal with the plans of their half of the map individually, Duat taking care of the north and IKEA of the south. This meant me and our main offense coordinator, Jimb00 had plenty to do to assure the southern plans to us. Before the BP spawns, GOATS came at our WWs with force and damaged infrastructure heavily. Because of this, we needed to swap KORNSNÖ village number 41 into our main WW, leaving 42 as a diet village like before. The previous main WW, 40, remained a secondary WW and the repair works of infrastructure began.

There were some uncertainties regarding BP spawn mechanics. We didn’t have previous experience of this level of planning with building plan spawns and needed to find answers to many questions related to the mirrorring mechanics especially. It was crucial to make sure that forcing the plans in TEN quadrant wouldn’t screw up the BP spawns in Duat’s region. Also knowing GUNNERS wants to try forcing one of North-Eastern plans to spawn closer to them, verifying the spawn mechanics was of high importance to us. However, this proved quite difficult: our contacts from the tournament servers, to whom the plan forcing is a part of everyday life, gave us confusing and contradicting data about plan spawn behaviour. We didn’t know whom to believe, which is why we took things into our own hands and fetched the BP spawn data from a recently ended but still online Nordics server, where only 2 plans had been taken, and also the tournament server that had BP spawns some days ahead of com2.

After analyzing both servers we came to a conclusion that the degree of randomness in the spawn variation around reference coordinates and mirror mechanics is too much to make any solid statements. We made coordinate lists to be settled around each BP we wanted to have a try on in the Southern side, settling SW first since it was our dominant territory after all and less threatening. After completing SW settling, we created similar lists for deeper SE plans in TEN region but delayed the settling to occur just before BP spawn to avoid TEN counter-reaction. Only exceptions to the delayed settling were catapoints settled by BLÅHAJ and Osiris to gain us maximum coverage on the areas. The squares we wanted the plans to spawn into were left empty. At the same time we also aggrosettled one TEN catapoint close to 4|-35 plan and dealt with Mythical (DND) starter the day plans spawned as a safety measure – the account seemed too idle to create a threat.

The plans were a success from both us and Duat, leaving the zerg with none. It had been a tough week of planning and hoping everything would go according to our plans: we couldn’t control if people had actually sent their settlers in time to SE locations. I wasn’t worried about plans in SW at all, they were covered easily – the SE ones were the source of stress as they were crucial for the whole zerg’s hopes to get any of their WWs up. Luckily for us, everything went smoothly despite some individual mistakes in settling time and leaving an unwanted village slot empty, where the deepest SE plan ended up spawning.

After the BP spawns

Zerg being left without any plans, they put on a lightshow at our plans – probably to GUNNERS as well. The endgame seemed like a race between us and GUNNERS now, and knowing the apparent hatred between zergers and GUNNERS, we expected most of the zerg WWKs to be heading towards Tyrant regardless of the situation. The only WWK we were somewhat worried of was xtased from GOATS due to IKEA’s early server backstabbing that left GOATS heartbroken for the rest of the round. This fear of a single WWK manifested later as the deadliest operation of ours, leaving xtased still standing strong and us with a lot less off. The walling was needed though since some accounts were struggling with feeding, and with WW going up, we couldn’t afford defending all the important targets unless some offs were gotten rid of. The size of the defense was unexpected though, good job at GOATS with that one!

Before the xtased train happened, a shock came at our way. One evening Loffe said dreadful four words in one of our shared management chats: ”We lost a bp.” If I have even been frustrated and tilted, that was the moment. A Duat member holding the plan had forgotten to demolish treasury to move the plan internally in the account – twice! – leaving the plan undefended against a relatively small TEN hammer. To be fair, I had been pretty confident all the time that zerg will get at least one plan – but that it would be a GUNNERS plan, not ours. Losing the plan for such a ridiculous mistake by a otherwise well-performing player left me extremely demotivated to do anything management-related for some time. In my mind I thought we’re done with our server win. The next day we got also an operation from GoW, making us lose a few decent-sized operation sweeps as players didn’t switch capitals to avoid conquests. Not the brightest days for us by any means. GUNNERS losing another plan a bit later didn’t help my personal depression at all – it just proved my initial thoughts about GUNNERS losing a plan to be true. I still tried to cheer our members up, telling them that we didn’t come here for the victory anyways, but at that point it felt more like a lie.

After Duat lost the plan, the tensions between IKEA and Duat took a major leap. In the operations Raymon had planned during the late winter, the public feedback on IKEA side was that our off players did nothing but screw up time after time. Accusations and name calling was the prevalent communication method of Raymon and our players. Everyone got collectively the blame for individual mistakes, which obviously do happen every now and then. Sometimes he hopped off the IKEA Discord out of sheer frustration, which is surely better than staying and behaving like he did in public. Funnily enough, after the most significant individual screw-up in the Nordics meta (in my opinion, feel free to disagree) happened in Duat, getting a taste of his own medicine by IKEA players wasn’t too enjoyable and he left the Discord for good and didn’t participate in any operation planning or other common action anymore despite saying he wants to win after our success with building plans.

To clarify previous paragram: I do not claim mistakes didn’t happen in IKEA. I do not claim we didn’t have difficult individuals who, at times, caused more headache than benefit. What I’m saying is that we weren’t the only ones to mess things up, yet we got the unwarranted hate for it. The point is not to compare who did better, Duat and IKEA were in it together since the very beginning – we win or we fall together, no matter how many insults one guy manages to spit out to co-players. I also want to emphasize that there were practically no issues in co-operation with Loffe or almost any regular Duat member, many of which were in our Discord due to KORNSNÖ diet village channels or artefact rotations. For the remaining server, Loffe was the only management-level contact between IKEA and Duat, leaving him in a rather awkward position, which he handled great nonetheless.

Shortly after zerg got another plan, we needed to focus on keeping TEN busy with the zerg WWs, the unique architect and both plans. At the same time we needed to wall offs due to insufficient def numbers, in case zerg decided to run at us again with big targets in mind. Luckily, GoNu game back from his Travian hiatus to arrange some fake trains to important targets, as other operation planners had fled the scene or were on the verge of a burnout. Meanwhile, some Duat members who had no interest in toying the building plans around anymore as the situation seemed desperate, just requested anyone to pick up the plans from their accounts, whether it was ally or enemy. Basically this meant more WW related responsibilities to IKEA, which some players were luckily willing to take. I suppose many Duat members would have volunteered to hold the plans as well, based on the earlier voting results.

One day the fake trains turned real and ended with all zerg WWs damaged except 2.01’s. ­­I wasn’t so hopeless anymore, and it actually started to look like we had a chance after all to close the round with a victory! Exchanging artifacts with GUNNERS also led up to us having a large architect, which came in good use during the zerg WW hits to both our current and previous main WW. Azaezel could barely damage the WW through our over 17M defense. At this point I want to salute the holders of NPC villages, which were used to feed the WW def especially during WW hits: Aeklav, Basic & Och, Urk & xerii and others with nearby granary villages, without your efforts we would have starved a lot more def than we ended up doing during the whole WW period.

From this day on, however, IKEA moving defense capacity remained horrible since many defense accounts had been routed to support the WW defenses or our important targets like building plans, unique diet and large architect that couldn’t be risked to move. Duat moving and overall def numbers exceeded our heavily, which was a cringey situation for us. Luckily, we didn’t have too many important targets to defend anymore after the initial off splats – losing SENSUELL sweep was obviously not pleasant for the account but didn’t matter too much in the overall scheme of things.

At this point we put our offensive side on hold for a while since we wanted to keep some sweeps in reserve in case the zerg doesn’t go and drop GUNNERS WW behind us and we needed to pressure their remaining plans to try claiming the victory for ourselves – with our remaining offenses, we had no chances of dropping GUNNERS ourselves if zerg didn’t do that. For all smaller offs, free fire to self-chosen targets was permitted as long as bigger sweeps stayed home, Anyways, zerg delivered and played GUNNERS out from the WW race. After our situation was secured, the free fire command expanded to all offs, eventually leading up to a civil war-like situation of some IKEA players shooting at each others’ capitals. That’s basically your every-day experience in Finnish Travian scene.

This was the story of IKEA, the Swedish furniture store, consisting mostly of Finnish players reinforced by some Scandinavian companions. The server didn’t end up for us like we initially planned – but not in a bad way at all. I would say we achieved our goals here, and managed to grab the win on the way out. I hope someone from Duat will shed light to their side of the Nordics alliances since, despite the mutual efforts, we were still somewhat separate units.

A walk-through of IKEA management:

Main leader: AFK (until d137, onwards nobody individually)

Off team: Jimb00 (main planner), GoNu (planner), Arget (planner), Metsamies (opinions, technical support)

Def team: Tempus, Arget, Kadonnut, Tempest, Superriku, Kämmis

WW team: Hemoz (& Manlet) (KORNSNÖ) + Tempest & petrn (ALGOT); Kadonnut (backup for nights)

BP planning: Kadonnut & Jimb00

Scouting: Moxxi & vilhou

I will post my personal (and much shorter) end notes in a separate post to keep this one a bit shorter.

On behalf of everyone in IKEA, I thank all com2 players for joining the server. :)

You know what's worse than useless? Useless and oblivious.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Verschwunden ().

• I'll post my two cents here and it's going to be long as well because I've constantly harassed like 50 different people to move def.

All good things come to an end. I think it’s only fair to thank everyone who played on the server, even though it played out very differently than what I (or we in Nordics) had hoped or expected.

A few things to note here; we thought the quality of the server would be through the roof and our purpose as IKEA was to kill off a few prospective winners, piss everyone off and die an honorable death which was reflected in our eagerness to pick a fight with all our immediate neighbors except Duat. We did not intend to play endgame at all and did not build any EGHs which gave us greater flexibility in defending and allowed us to take more risks. In the end, as well over 50% of the server ended up allying with each other, our playstyle was doomed and this caused quite a lot of frustration. After AFKs departure I was one of the vocal proponents to throw this approach out of the window and (quite unapologetically) manipulated to have the zerg not win by any means necessary as our new goal to keep up motivation as we were already bleeding players badly. The means in this case ended up being building our own WW even though we were late on it, largely because Hemoz was very much willing to do it on KORNSNÖ, so a big thank you for that.

We pulled some data for the funsies, and on our cfd channel I found approximately 600 def calls between D90-D235 which do not include standing defs, those agreed in private or on some channel ex-tempore. So yeah, we did have to work for it on the def side as well, even though we for some inexplicable reason never really got opsed too much. A large part of the credit here goes to Goats, it was annoying but thankfully our excel and tech support team had provided us the means to deal with this nuisance pretty effectively. Overall I think we registered 4000 different entries of incomings, which could range from anywhere between 1 attack to 8 (and from different players). Then of course there were plenty that were never registered. If Goats’ fake ops were better executed by their launchers, I think it would have mounted to pretty good pressure. Maybe people just got a bit lazy?

Perhaps the reason why some of you claim that we have a god-complex is because we had high hopes and expectations for this server and yet we saw a lot of stupid shit like hoarding SB on an account with 120k consumption hammer for 100+ days without ever using them (Rain42206x), parking ST for two weeks on an account that solo walled and had 6k catas ghosted (Shahi), constantly solo walling (NoMercy and almost half of Goats offs), constantly getting ghosted and not having any designated scout accounts. I think the zerging is the single biggest reason though as it’s the lazy way out. Also shoutout to SnakePlissken and his trash talk, his claims that they were going to win and watch everyone’s armies splat on his walls through empathy (confeding everyone) and his disappearing act with the comments ``why can’t you be humble in victory´´. I think we were just led to believe we were in for a different experience and also based off of last server’s forum threads and discussions.

Anyways, that’s enough toxicity from my part. Despite me bashing Goats above, I don’t think they were the worst meta on this server or even bottom two. Considering the circumstances, they did what they could and they never quit playing, it’s just that they became a bit of a meme through some individual actions and major mistakes (and feeder opsing).

A few words about the account. STUVA was an account that had potential to be one of the better off accounts on this server, but ended up being pretty average because of our lack of time and interest. In the end we only queued two hammers and focused on just opsing with both hammers and good windows due to our unusual working cycles. Originally Arget and n3x3 had an idea of playing a teuton with 4 ops hammers and STUVA was born. After a good start, n3x3 ended up slowly disappearing from the account from Halloween to mid November, but returned to help with artefact coordinating, after that he was pretty much gone. We never really queued even a third hammer because Arget and I didn’t feel like we had the time or energy to play our account enough on top of all the leading and our techs were starting to fall behind. We also had to sit and play some accounts whose owners had quit without really saying a word. In the end, our archive in game shows 98 ops or BG ops hits which I’m pretty satisfied with.

I think Kadonnut’s summary of our relationship with Duat is pretty accurate and quite cordial considering the circumstances. In a way I felt like we were all held hostage this server and I’m just happy it’s over.

I’d like to thank all of Duat’s players for a job well done and special thanks to Loffe for being the most valuable player in Nordics, B0B for all the good talks, xerii, Urk and Viadol for the help with WW & def and of course to natiri for the amount of hours poured into scouting with a nod to Amar and Vilgot for similar reasons. The average level of play in Duat was very high and congratulations to the EoR crew for #1 off on the server.

Rest of the thank you’s;

Shout-out to the WW team (Hemoz & Manlet from KORNSNÖ, Tempest & petrn from ALGOT, Kado and Jimb00 (FABLER & BLÅHAJ respectively).

Arget: I think this was a very fruitful round at least for me. I learned a lot, we had a good time and we were able to share opsing duties pretty effectively. Never really any problems and I don’t think things could have worked out any better, so much love to you.

n3x3: Thanks for the early game and the effort on arte day even though you probably didn’t have a whole lot of motivation by then. I’m still a bit upset about how you quit without really saying anything, but everyone’s got their reasons and it’s still just a game.

Fearz: Thanks for building our best tech and artesweep

Gonu (HILJA) & Metsämies (HJORTSVANG): Our tech wizards that made it possible for our def team to complete 900 def calls between D90-D235. Def coordinating has never been easier and a big thank you to Gonu for the final push that was crucial in securing us the win.

Jimb00 (BLÅHAJ): Excellent performance again at off coordinating and being the spiritual successor of AFK, although I do think you’re a bit too quiet sometimes especially given how much stupid shit was thrown at you for no reason in particular. It was really funny seeing you get mad that one time all server though. Excellent BP planning with Kado.

Kado (FABLER): Beep boop, sometimes I do not compute how you manage to accomplish so much every server. I think your contributions in def coordinating went undervalued and your ability to kind of do whatever was needed is quite something. Excellent work on BPs, truly a shame what happened later.

Tempest (ALGOT): You need to trust yourself more, you are capable of more than what you give yourself credit for. Nice account once again even with that capital bounce and the WW support was invaluable. A big thank you to petrn as well, you guys are like paita and peppu at this point.

Hemoz (KORNSNÖ): Beast account and easily the most important account on the server, hands down. You could definitely benefit from AFK calming people down when you get into the mood of being a dick but you were surprisingly civil on this server. Are you getting old? It was great to play with you again after such a long time, I think even our fights and arguments were for the better in the long run. As much as some might not want to admit, a large part of this victory was thanks to you saving KORNSNÖ and filling some pretty big boots.

AFK (KORNSNÖ): Insane guy. Have you ever considered playing a relaxed account? I think your absence towards the end really showcased everyone what kind of an impact you can have on an alliance. Quitting to focus on IRL was definitely the right call, no hard feelings there. All the best!

Kämmis (HJORTSVANG) & Superriku (KLUBBSPORRE): You might have both been pretty inactive at times, but when you were there helping with def it was a huge relief. Thank you and a special mention to kämmis for huutikset and naurikset in TFT voice.

Moxxi (TACKAN): You da best, beast WWK 733210565874548767.png?v=1

Lategame def movers: OneAndOnly (ÖDMJUK), Teris (LOPPSTARR), Katatonia (FEMMEN VÅG), Lyks (TROFAST), Basic & Och (PAX). Thank you for allowing me to keep my sanity. I think you all deserve a medal for that last push.

Nikuzz & Drunk Moose/Stone (SENSUELL): Really, really good off account. Better ops hammers than most roman EGHs on the server. Sorry about the big one. Not much we could do and this is why we really wanted to wall all hammers before WW got too high, but the zerg let us reactivate UD for some inexplicable reason so we took a risk of saving a few in case we had to train Gunners BP. You paid the price.

Jola (DAIDAI) & Potkustart (STOPP): You guys suffer from the fact that you have set your bar so high by accomplishing the impossible time and time again :) Your contributions did not go unnoticed even though you might have gotten pretty fed up with the entire game towards the end, thank you for hanging in there and building easily over a million prets and half a million spears again. Thanks for the help with all the sheets when I burned out at times, it was truly a huge relief.

Aeklav (JÄTTELIK) & Tigereye (EKORRE): Huge team effort by you guys, never a complaint, a no or anything. Good accounts and you guys volunteered to do so much extra work, huge +++++++

Teris (LOPPSTARR): The man who can always be trusted. Thanks for the help with off bank as well.

Lyks (TROFAST): This man is machine. Best moving def all server hands down and any def coordinator’s best friend.

Och & Basic (PAX): Great account, great attitude, great meme and justice4pax. Congrats on winning the best def vote and thanks for WW help.

Jontski (POKAL): For a solo account without techs, you can be proud of what you accomplished. Well done!

Phoe, the McDonalds Finn, Tech General, destroyer of MrGnogi, devourer of KORNSNÖ’s crop: Huutista 6/5 most underrated, every alliance needs a guy with your attitude

Karpaasi & Ptt (LACK): Ootte ihania :3

Vilho (KOPPLA): You idle a lot :harold:

KURA gang (Weeder, Keisari, Miks): You guys and your complaints about trainer rotations and early game were tilting af. On the other hand, fun lads, good game sense and opsing activity, hyvä tsemppi loppuu kohden :thumbsup:

Havocc (KLUBB): Even though you tried your best to stir up drama and caused me to have a meltdown by hitting KURA capital, it was a good meme. It would have been a better meme if I didn’t have to deal with some of the fallout.

Karppi (KLUBB) Ime keilaa 726169820130705460.png?v=1

GreatA, Ricin (HEJAREN): A very strong start and then a complete disappearance. What happened? Also interesting antics in the night.

Zimpero: Great player, fun to banter with in voice, still an absolute pain in the ass. I would not be able to play with you in the same alliance again.

And thank you to everyone else who made this long journey with us, especially some of the off peeps that I did not mention by name here :)

As for non Nordics, shout-out to the Gunners leadership for being a bunch of reasonable human beings and good banter. We never wanted to cooperate too much because like I said at some point, most of our players would rather ops you or quit than borrow def.

Next time there are 7 metas on a server, could we please resist the urge of ganging up 5v1 at least until BPs are out?

Unofficial Nordics victory song: BORKNAGAR - Up North (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Nordics end of server meetup 2021 (colored)

unknown-17.png

GGs and looking forward to hear how things went in the other metas.

Tempus (STUVA)

P.S. I'm sure I forgot someone. Don't be too offended pls.

• GG from me as well, dropped most of ingame stuff around d150 due to IRL but was a fun round all in all. HILJA started out surprisingly good, we could settle among the first in ally landing a 100% cap, and tech IVAR could follow with a nearby 125% 9c soon after. The point was to be a gaul hybrid making as much TT's as possible and wreak havoc with them because we had heard that on coms ghosting even entire WW hammers is a thing. Was a bit sceptical at the beginning but holy cow this round didn't leave much to imagination on that regard...

Over time the plans diluted as often happens, it was fun anyway. Highlights:

- Goat ops after d43 and all the hype around that. Got some juicy close combat as a border account.

- Arte day with the dream spawn that we got. Sat in voice the entire day coordinating mostly small artes.

- Soon after that: launching the incomings bot which ended up processing more than 4000 screenshots over time and we were really not attacked that much. At peaks it could easily be hundreds of requests per day. Was nice receiving all those wtf's from the def team ^^

- All the ghostings but especially slamming 53k TT on a roman WWK parked in a teuton village. Rip 13.5k catas. I almost never sent or planned these myself though due to schedules so all credit to hönö, Ben, & Amar for executing.

- Endgame ops. I had disappeared for a couple months but still followed Discord and at some point I realised that we got like over five million off power and several WWs that should be dropped, and nobody had the motivation to put a plan together. I was a bit of an outsider at that point so it was natural to just listen and try to come up with an optimal plan, all things considered. It was ambitious but in the end people faked and scouted well, and reals were executed pretty much perfectly. All zerg WWs zeroed and us still having a 2-3M train to pressure with, we knew at that point that they couldn't realistically win anymore thanks to our unholy def counts, only decide between us and Gunners.

Mentions, in no specific order (personal, obviously many more players had an important effect on the ally as a whole!):

Jimb00: Was memorable to finally play on the same side.

Kadonnut: Fellow night owl. Always a pleasure. Still a bot.

Metsamies: The original inspiration behind making overkill tools for this game.

Sane: Credits for making the incomings bot post directly to sheets!

Tempus: Always there and always taking responsibility for stuff that had to be done.

Arget: Red guy in a green suit.

Loffe: The Swedish AFK that never loses temper which is sort of incredible. "Sends whenever" really means that.

ViaDol: The oasis guy who proved that TEN did not have any extra wares and showed a route to victory.

Nikuzz&Stone: You guys just light up every time there is some special action. That BP catapoint was next level.

hönö: The reason HILJA was as good as it was in the end.

Ben: Beast IVAR.

Amar: For figuring out all the intel needed for top level ghosting.

Aeklav: Friendly neighbourhood phalanx guy always stepping up to sit someone in need.

Moxxi: Best WWK holder in IKEA.

AFK: The obvious reason why we all are here today.

fi3 2007 Juippi / Oz | fi4 2007 Account forgotten / OldFarts | fi3 2008 Uki / TH-HC | fi6 2008 ekku81 / LosKa | fi2 2012 Furious-T -> Jutsbe / Sirkus | fi3 2012 Angry Bird / Alliance forgotten | fi5 2012 Vaeltaja / MDO | fi1 2013 Godfather / Answer42 | fi5 2014 NeverAgain -> Pornari / New Order | Nordics4 2019 SPANK ME / MM | com2 2020 HILJA / IKEA

Some forgotten

• Good, fine, thanks & congrats...

You did well!

How'bout giving Gunners some credit for running interference against the multi_quad zerge?

(I still feel we won, lol)

Toast to you for being GREAT.

WATUSEESWATUGET

• GG all! It was pleasure to play with all of you guys!

Me and petrn were once again playing together and it was fun! Og plan was to make wwk with petrn, karpaasi and eerikäinen but AFK turned that idea down fast since we were going to server where plan was to bully everyone and not win the server! So Karpaasi and eerikäinen made their own accounts. Me and petrn ended up with 2 hammers and the other was chiefed due the fact that I didnt belive that JackSparrow was walking with WWK and didnt cap our off 😭 Well, it was learning experience to me 😆

THANKS LIST:

AFK (KORNSNÖ): Thanks for taking me in, after ”cutting me off” at nordics4 round and not taking me 😂 It was pleasure to play with you again! You truly are amazing person.

Hemoz (KORNSNÖ): Potpotpot pelkurikana! Big thanks for everything! I really like to play with you and we had good talks! Lets play again sometimes :Ddd potpot! Roman ww sure looked weird

Deffteam:

Tempus & Arget (STUVA), Kadonnut (FABLER), Superriku (KLUBBSPORRE) and Kämmis (HJORSTVANG): Big thanks to you guys for teaching how to do DC and all other stuff! I have to admit that I was little bit ”scared” to work with u guys, but it went smoothly, after I got hang of it 😊even tho I fucked up that one deff complitely 😅

Offteam:

Jimb00 (BLÅHAJ), Raymon (Thoth), GoNu (HILJA):

Thanks for great ops! Targets where greatly chosen, send times were awesome and everything went smoothly!

petrn (ALGOT): Once again, big thank you!! This was imo best account that we have ever done! I think this is our 3 or 4 acc that we have played together! And once again you was always tolding me that I should calm down and not rush all over the place and I think that why this was the best acc we build! 😂 thanks for that! Learned lot from you! Lets keep in touch and see if we play again together sometime in future!

Eerikäinen (J.timberlake), Cof (MALM/BRAMSÖN) ,Haukkajainen (MALM) & karpaasi (BRAMSÖN): Thanks for the help and playing with me! karpaasi building BRAMSÖN ready to cof and then haukkajainen jumping to MALM after Cof took BRAMSÖN and karpaasi leaving to play LACK!

Every deff player in ikea: big thanks to everyone! It was ”easy” to make deffcall knowing that we have players online moving deff!

Everyone else at IKEA and Duat: Thanks for everyone! Hopefully we will see in the future :) I love u guys and girls <3

#Justice4pax

#PaxRsMatters

Have a nice summer <3

-Tempest

Fi5 2017 Tempest (LV) W, Fi4 2017 Pickle Rick (PV) W, Nordic6 2018 ALGOT (VIP) W, Nordic4 2019 Käsikopelo (Zyklon) L, Nordic6 2020 Satanus (SS) W, Com2 2020 ALGOT (IKEA) W

• Well, I for one will not congratulate you. It will not surprise anyone. This is what I think of you : all my villages are talking about IKEA alliance, and I don't give a damn about knowing who is responsible, because everyone in IKEA followed.

Move on ! Circulez : y a rien à voir

• As I have told in public Discord, I was a part of Team BLÅHAJ, led by Jimb00 and surrounded by a bunch of old companions of ours. My role was the tech manager as I played on FABLER BJÖRN myself and helped out with the other techs we had in case help was needed. This allowed me to mostly stay idle during daytime and focus on my studies while playing at nights, being often the sole member of IKEA defense team up in the late and early hours.

There is not much to say about our account cluster and our performance on the server, it is visible from the statistics so I will skip that part and go to my personal thank you list without further ado.

TEAM BLÅHAJ

BLÅHAJ – Jimb00, Antza, Sane: after a soloround in Nordics4, it was great to be a part of a group again. In most cases I could trust that the account is in good hands when I head to bed at 5 am Finnish time, and you allowed me to skip the daytime activity and work on more important things.

KELGRIS – Vempula: it was great to see you in the playing fields again! KELGRIS was a good praetorian account in the making, too bad you sat on your PC and it didn’t like the weight. You also helped with FABLER in the early round when I was absent.

BEKANT – Kuona: thank you for your reliable effort till the artefacts, you provided us with an arte sweep (that unfortunately was unused at arte day) and some praetorians on the side as well.

FRAKTA – borsi & basi-breto: you didn’t play too much after the early round and still managed to train an arte sweep! Yet I could always get in touch with you if needed, especially at the lategame when you successfully aggroed TEN's BP catapoint.

Randelin – Axu: thanks for joining us as well despite the initial hesitation, you were important in the very beginning for settling pushes.

Szakal – Antza’s girlfriend: I still don’t know how Antza managed to pull you in but thanks for your support as well.­­­

While settling, we had a few more accounts to do resource pushes but they got later deleted and players transferred to other accounts (Paristoteles by basi-breto and Raev by Sane).

Then my personal thank you list from outside BLÅHAJ squad, mostly from a defense coordinators perspective and without any particular order of importance:

Everyone else in the defense team (Tempus, Arget, Tempest, Superriku, Kämmis): Good work all of you! Each of us knows how much they did for the defense coordination, which I personally rather hate.

Basic & Och (PAX): you were often my lifeline with late night def calls due to great coverage and vast amounts of def.

Lyks (TROFAST): I apologize for some of the awkward druid calls I made for you. We had nice private chats as well about the game and how weak men create hard times.

GoNu (HILJA): since ally-tools proved a rather difficult solution for informing IKEA attacks, you came up with a great solution and eased our job a lot. I wouldn’t have thought that’s even possible in my wildest dreams. (In case anyone wondering, we had a Discord bot, to which a screenshot of the attacks were sent and it formatted the data into ally-tools compatible form in Google Sheets.)

Aeklav (& Tarmo) (JÄTTELIK): you were often ready to sacrifice your own sleep for alliance’s benefits, and took care of others’ accounts as well. What more can you ask from an alliance member?

Hemoz (KORNSNÖ): it was mostly you who guaranteed KORNSNÖ kept running as usual after AFK’s departure. Also plenty of private chats varying from local neighbourhood issues to hiking gear.

Jola & Potkustart (DAIDAI/STOPP): an always dynamic duo with defenses available. Despite horrible timings and sending windows, sending defense was negotiable with reasonable conditions in most cases.

Tigereye (EKORRE): I felt bad for you for having to take care of not only your own account but MAMMUT and SNOBBIG as well. Yet you were always ready to send defense from every account possible. Admirable dedication, and you took part in operations as well!

Moxxi (&Tapsa) (TACKAN): you made sure BLÅHAJ was fine on some mornings I couldn’t stay up and look after it, and of course your scouting efforts and WWK shall not remain unnoticed either.

GreatA & Ricin (HEJAREN): during the early game, your account was one of the most important defenders from my point of view due to great nighttime activity. Too bad you both faded away towards the end.

OneAndOnly (ÖDMJUK): you saved our def calls a few times with your good origo location and great capital anvil.

Teris (LOPPSTARR): another guaranteed Teris-quality round. An all-around solid performance, can’t ask more from a solo account with no techs.

Jontsi (POKAL): I was skeptical of your capability for building a decent def account on your own without techs but you proved me wrong the best way one can. Sorry for doubting you in the beginning.

Sako & ilpo (MICKE): you were like a personal back-up plan for SENSUELL due to your location but at times your druids were flying on the other side of the quadrant, and even to South-East!

From Duat:

Loffe (Set): you were often up at the same time with me, helping me finish the def calls for difficult hours with Duat defense.

Amar (Eye of Ra): sometimes you asked me for IKEA ghost sweeps, sometimes you begged for resources for the complete Amar experience. Nice chats we had regardless of topic!

Smulan (Ammit): we didn’t discuss the game that much over other things but both Discord and Slack kept blinking at times. Was fun to play ”together” for once, even if in such a remote way.

From GUNNERS:

PrimeWarlord, VeGe, salme, Avis, Tilly, Verdie, msB: You were reasonable people to coordinate the anti-zerging (or zerg 2.0, depending on how you see it) with.

I might have forgotten someone from any alliance that should have deserved their separate mention, apologies for that. Anyways, I want to thank everyone who played in IKEA and Duat (tech alliances included) and made the victory possible even if that wasn’t our original goal, quite the contrary.

Now it's time to reboot and switch targets of interest to rocks again. Goodbye, Travian.

Kadonnut

You know what's worse than useless? Useless and oblivious.

• Beginning:

I joined on kornsnö at some point like day 70 ish I would say. Had a pretty small role at beginning and not so small at the end.

Straight to the point. Afk quitted and kalkkuna didnt answer to messages and basically stopped playing at same time. I asked Manlet to help me with account, he did send opses etc (with few fails aswell :D.) What changed that day? Basically everything, It was not possible to idle for over 1hour or pretty big starvations would come because res feeding was allowed (allowing res feeding was obviously mistake, since it would just get more harder after time, imagine 15 minutes silo or smaller.) So yeah I told everyone that it was not okey anymore and many of guys took it well and we had to npc every 6 hours only or so. At same time i calculated a bit and made decision that every kornsnö village should have T20 Town Hall (we made last feeding village like day 197 so it was almost too tight with cp.) AFK had this bendover nice guy strategy, I changed it to opposite at some point. I also tried to help management a bit and started to talk with ppl on Feeder village channels, since I knew that it would be weak point after afk left Afk was always the HR guy :)

Kornsnö final stats:

51 Total villages

31 Feeding village

3 Wonders

5 Support villages to some wonders etc.

3 off villages

1,2m Standings fed with techs on UD

Fun facts

We were not going to take those, but somehow there was 3 on kornsnö at the end :D Had to take matters to own hand on first place to even get those on account.

End game strategy talks were pressured by this “what are we playing for if not going for wonder and trying to win”.

Feeding was pretty good, but our discord bot which we used for feeding made it worse than what it would have been with scouting.

Regarding end game strategy: Would have been nice if suggestions from management were to be taken seriously at least sometimes but for most times had to skip those for good. On bright side there was few occasions when ideas were good. (Started to get on nerve at some point, but I talked about stuff with Jimb00 the black and kept it together mostly.)

ElNegro meme was well known in alliance.

Thanks list

Jimb00 & Kadonnut: big thanks for both guys for playing, helping and talking and all :) Ops king Jimbå

Tempest & petrn; Big thanks aswell, both were obvious choice for ww team. Tempest is one of the hardest working players. Thanks for informing those attacks too :)

Manlet: For being there :D

Phoe: Pitkät vehkeet löytyy täältä ja on niissä leveyttäkin. Millon viivotin skabaa?

Aeklav: biggest npc dude ever you made like 5 npc villages for ww feeding or so? Crazy :D

Basic & Och: Npc village guy aswell, big def. Och remember to start climbing finally…!!!

Xerii & eric: Npc village guys and big def. Xerii go to sleep.

Loffe: Big time ret… respects for you, had to push you to do thing sometimes with big amount of force, but in the end its good.

Arget & Tempus: Thanks for taking care of those BP’s and deffing.

MrCiguma: “.600k”, “pls stop doing this”, big laughs :D

BP holders in general (who had it for over 1 day and is not named raymon.)

Raymon: For being giant manchild and best meme in ikea.

-Hemoz

• good and exhausting round it was,

תרגום לעברית בסוף החלק שבאנגלית ( hebrew translation in the end of the post)

i was insomnia and brought here some friends as israeli team, joined to gunners

our numbers were around 10 real acc and 8 techs which had to support 2 eghs (in their prime, somewhere around chrismas, one was top 10 and another 2nd)

* editted - forgot to mention, along most of the server round we had around 5 accounts of the top 40, one in the 3 first(us insomnia) and one in the top 10

and 7~8 total accounts in the 100 first list.

so we were small group but in sizes, we were big part in the top tier accs in the server

ts2.travian.com

acc insomnia

password 142433

whoever wants to log

our story with this round started around month or two before round started, me and my friends looked up to challenge since the IL servers doesnt worth our time and efforts.

after a talk with a close friend - the community here knows him as Olourie (eye of ra), i decided to bring my friends to the com2 fight zone.

at first place, we planned to play with Vices meta - olourie connected between me and Luke, thought its the start of a love story.. which ended in few weeks when vices and luke annouced that they wont join to this round with all their horses.

Olourie told me that he gonna open with his team in the Sweden lines of Loffe, however, i didnt thought that my team can handle an activity of Grey zone gameplay this round, started to check for alternative and contacted with Blitzkrieger and from that point we joined gunners for good.

i must to admit, ididnt knew how most of my teamates will do in this round, some of them is first/second round playing.

along the run, we tried to do our best for the good of the meta.

we had excellent opening, very good standing in artifact, and all our main acc (except poseidon) kept on playing till the WW which im glad about.

our goal beside all the def acc and 1 op player, to donate 2 eghs (wwk and wwr) to the meta e.g effort.

one wwk (insomnia) destroyed at the chrismas

the wwr (poseidon) ghosted after the team that played there completly retired from playing from their own reason :/

but we changed to def and supported in that zone.

side note:

we got 2 terrible hits by MH, completly our team and side mistakes, we lost this way 1 big def player (pelle) and 1 tech acc.

also all our def player suffered twice by 10 and 25% population penalities, after days 150 of server

cant blame anyone, ill say here what i said to my friends "if u dont act, u dont make mistakes", this bans itself costed to gunners at WW only around 2m def troops (at least).

gunners meta:

nice leaders, kind ppl and great players.

i think everybody upgraded their skills along this round, from the bests to the rookies.

Gunners - Zerg war.

ithink leadership brought us to uncertain war, to unwanted position and condition, which none gunners leadership wanted to Step into at day 100.

BUT, it was great to play alongside all the gunners commrades in this 4months war without breaks

insight of "after the event" - its clear that without Zerg meta, this server could die easly by Gunners win without any real competition, gunners with all the mistakes that we did (and we did alot), were"just" the strongest meta in this round by far.

we can see that in the statistics - not so far in time building from WW100, without this 200-700 war, no doubt whom ww100 was..

in the end:

we didnt achived any "number" achivement that could be screenshoted or writed in some irrelevant archive posts and in same time we saw and felt like we r not less than any "pro top tier" travian com player.

we had alot of fun, we got finally a real challenge, do our best to support leadership and our ally mates and to met new friends.

as i said always along the road in the discord and whatsapp, in my eyes, the winners is whom had the most fun from the game, ithink its without a doubt, gunners ppl had a very good times in the past 8 months

and to complete the tradition ill end with MY bullets and thanks for this round:

the good guy - or girl in our situation, Mor my dual, for our team, u just always know how to calm down things and how to create a great BBQ meetings.

the bad Guy - 1) Verdie, u have unique specialicem with getting hated by others, so easly haha (<3)

2) vege - we had alot of arguments along the round, but from my side (at least) ithink it was cuz we both wanted for the good of the whole side, so it wasnt that bad at all :P

the ugly - MH, leave my team alone bruh xD

the best Offensive - ill surprise u and say "NRA", and not eye of ra (even through that ur reports is amazing!), the amount of damage, mentaly and operativly that he took part in ops on gunners is far above all the other accounts, i counted myself 4 ops on eghs that succeed, one plan stealing and more some artifact steals that they took role / was responsible to, if i take them outside the formula of this round, gunners could be fat stronger.

the best Defensive - there was too many pro def players in gunners, i cant really say that one was high above the others

discovery of this run - Newton, top10 acc in best server, and its just first round of urs OMG

one apologize to all gunners (especially to blitz, and admins), we lost 1 egh (poseidon) cuz of my fault, bringing a team which couldnt run to the end, that acc and hammer had pot to be at least big as neptune and just happened to be burden on the meta shoulders.

main lesson for this round - even through its comfortable, dont ever play again as none head meta

special thanks:

My team:

barak&mor more than just duals <3

Vayne/teemo - Eithan & Nissim our biggest def :P

jack sparrow - gal & shlomo, u didnt quit a full round!!! haha

raccoon - Yotam & Nati (the girl xD)

Newton & Tesla - our indian brothers (@GOATS they can suit ur indian squad by ease hehe)

Error - Michael stop the bot, server ended f3

Poseidon - yona, miri, dan, lilly, ihate u

Pelle - Steven, our DC, u did great, and i was happy to know u this round <3

and to our "tech army":

Israel (the speed servers real master), sari, elisha, shacher, omer,nadav imri

thanks for ur hands along the first 4 months of the round, creating the techs and raise and take care to them, i appriciate ur afforts.

gunners players - proud to be part of u for this round!

omer eye of ra (olourie) - proved that its fine to playas ruvaks and keep being friends, u real friend, and waiting for u coming back to israel!!

Luke & anze - thanks for destroying my wwk, i couldnt succeed in studies if u werent do such a charity

smack & larry - this round we were on diff side of the coin, maybe next time will be diff :)

thanks again, and cya (maybe) next rounds

Amir - MisterB (insomnia ingame)

תרגום לעברית:

אני שיחקתי בinsomnia בשרת הזה והבאתי קבוצת חברים כ"צוות ישראלי" והצטרפנו לפדרציה של גאנרס.

בגדול מנינו סדר גודל של 10 חשבונות אמיתיים ועוד 8 כפולים (חשבונות תמיכה) שמטרתם הייתה לתמוך בהאמרי פלא (בשיא היו מקום 10 ו2 בשרת איפשהו ביום 140 150)

נערך - שכחתי לציין, במהלך כמעט כל השרת היו לנו כ5 חשבונות בטופ 40, מתוכם אחד בטופ 3(אנחנו אינסומניה) ועוד אחד בעשיריה, בנוסף החבר'ה שלנו כמעט כולם היו בטופ 100 (7-8 חשבונות)

כלומר היינו קבוצה קטנה אומנם אבל ביחס לטופ טייר של השרת היינו חתך משמעותי.

ts2.travian.com

acc insomnia

password 142433

למי שרוצה להתחבר לראות.

הסיפור שלנו עם השרת החל איפשהו חודש חודשיים לפני שהשרת נפתח כשאני ועוד כמה חברים רצינו להכנס לשרת נוסף שיהיה מאתגר מתוך הבנה ששרתי ישראל לא שווים את הזמן והמאמץ שלנו (ראו ערך סיכום שרת 5 הישראלי), אחרי ששוחחתי עם חבר יקר (עומר ששיחק ב eye of ra) החלטתי להכנס לקום2

היינו אמורים להצטרף לפדרציה שניצחה את קום1 הקודם והייתה נחשבת לקבוצה הכי חזקה בדומיין, הם החליטו שלא להכנס, אני אחסוך מכם כאן את הבלבולי מוח על השמות של האנשים שאף אחד שכנראה קורא את הפוסט הזה בעברית לא מכיר גם ככה, בשורה התחתונה עברנו לשחק עם גאנרס

אני חייב להודות שלא ידעתי לאיזה תפוקה החבר'ה שלי יגיעו מכיוון שחלקם זה שרת ראשון/שני שלהם/לא שיחקנו יחד שרת שלם לפניכן

השתדלנו לאורך השרת לעשות הכי טוב שאנחנו יכולים לטובת הכלל והפדרציה

הייתה לנו פתיחה מצויינת, עמידה מאוד טובה באוצרות וחוץ מחשבון אחד כל החשבונות שלנו סיימו את השרת מה שאני שמח על כך

סה"כ היעד שלנו לשרת היה 2 האמרי פלא (אחד קאטות אחד ניגוח, סדר גודל של 900 אלף אכילה לכל האמר למי שלא יודע נה זה הגדלים של הבינלאומי), חשבון התקפי עובד והשאר הגנתיים

האמר פלא קאטות (שלנו באינסומניה) נעלם (יום 140 בערך, היה באזור ה140 גרזן 40 אביר ו 9 קאטה)

פוסידון (נוגחים) נתפסו לו המון כוחות והיה לא פעיל בחלק האחרון של השרת ולכן לא מונף מעבר ל170 גרזן 25 אביר ו30 נוגח

מלבד כל המכות שחטפנו, המולטי האנטר הרחיק פעמיים את כל השחקני הגנה שלנו פעם אחת 10 ופעם שניה 25 אחוזי אוכלוסיה, זה שחט את החבר'ה, והם בכל זאת השתקמו וקמו משם.

אני חושב שרק המולטי האנטר גרם לכך שהצלחנו לספק בפחות 2 מליון הגנות ממה שציפינו את הפלא עולם (והיו בו 14 מליון בסופו של דבר, 25 % בערך שלנו)

טיפה על הפדרציה שלנו גאנרס:

מנהלים סבבה, אנשים מדהימים ושחקנים מצויינים.

אני חושב שכולם השתפרו לאורך הסיבוב - בכל זאת שיחקנו מעטים מול רבים 200 מול 700!.

המלחמה שלנו מול אלו שהתאחדו:

אני חושב שההנהלה שלנו הכניסה אותנו למלחמה שאף אחד מהחברים בצד לא רצה, בסיטואציה מאוד לא טובה לנו כבר משלב האוצרות.

אבל, זו הייתה זכות גדולה לשחק לצד הקבוצה הזו במהלך ה4 חודשי מלחמה האינטנסיביים האלו.

תובנה של "בדיעבד" - אם לא היו מתאחדים נגדנו 700 על 200, לא היה סיכוי לנצח אותנו, עצם זה שהשרת נגמר כשאנחנו רחוקים שלבים בודדים מניצחון מראה על הכוח של הפדרציה הזו

ולסיום, נקנח על פי המסורת בנקודות ותודות:

הטוב - מור השותפה שלנו, שיודעת תמיד להרגיע את המצב ולדאוג למפגש על האש משובח.

הרע - סבסטיאן המנהל פדרציה שלנו, כי לגרום ל5 פדרציות שונות לשנוא אותנו באותה מידה צריך כישורים יוצאי דופן.

העיראקי - יותר מידי ויכוחים אך בסופו של דבר שנינו רצינו את טוב הקבוצה כולה.

המכוער - המולטייייי שחררר אותנווו חחח

הגנרל המהולל(ההתקפי #1) - NRA, שחקן שהיה עם מגף ייחודי, עשה לנו את המוות, קימבץ על מבצעים, והיה אחראי ל4 העלמות האמרי פלא, תפיסות, גניבת תוכניות בניה ולא מעט אוצרות גם כן.

(על אף ש eye of ra הביא דוחות מטורפיםםם וסיים ראשון)

ההגנתי שטבח בשעריו.. (ההגנתי #1) - לא יכול לציין אחד, היו כל כך הרבה שחקני הגנה מצויינים אצלנו, לומר שאחד היה מעל כולם יעשה אוול לשאר.

תגלית השרת - בן newton, כי שחקן שזה השרת הראשון/שני שלו להיות בטופ 10 בשרת הכי חזק בעולם, הזייה.

התנצלות אחת אני חייב למנהלי גאנרס - הבאתי איתי צוות שהיה צריך להרים האמר ניגוח לפלאים, ההאמר לא הועלם (הכפר) ובכל זאת לא עמדנו ביעד, בסופו של דבר זה באשמתי שלא ידעתי לצפות את הפרישה הזו שם.

הלקח שלי לשרת הזה - לעולם לא לשחק שוב אם אני לא הקדקד בהנהלה, יותר מידי אכזבות, ציפיות, וכאב ראש רק מהטעויות של לצפות מהצד (בקיצור תסכול).

תודות מיוחדות:

לצוות שלי:

ברק ומור שאתם פשוט יותר משותפים <3

איתן וניסים ויין/טימו - ההגנתי הגדול ביותר שלנו, אלופים

גל ושלמה - גאה בכם שלא פרשתם!

יותם ונתי(הבת)

האחים ההודים שלנו בן ועידן שהפציצו

מיכאל שהגיע הזמן שתכבה את הבוט חחחח

סתיו המנהל שלנו שפשוט מבסוט שהכרתי אותך השרת.

יונה,מירי,דן,לילי, שונא אתכם(לא באמת) שברחתם באמצע.

ו"לצבא הכפולים" שלנו שבאו ונתנו מהלב!

ישראל טובלי (דה ריל מאסטר), שרי, אלישע, שחר, עומר, אימרי

מעריך את הנתינה והעזרה שלכם, לא מובן מאליו!

לפדרציה שלנו גאנרס- פשוט שחקנים טובים אחד אחד, גאה להיות חלק מכם בסיבוב הזה.

עומר eye of ra - אפשר להיות אויבים ולהשאר חברים, אוהב ומחכה שתחזור כבר לארץץץ

@sweden Te

לוק ו אנזה (אויבים DND) - תודה שהעלמתם לנו את ההאמר פלא, בזכותכם הצלחתי בלימודים, עשיתם עימי חסד.

סמאק ולארי - הסיבוב הזה היינו בצדדים הפוכים (GOTAS) אולי בפעם הבאה נשחק יחד.

תודה לכולם

אמיר - MisterB

insomnia לאורך השרת

• Many thanks for the detailed insights, lead by AFK. It is nice to catch a glimpse of what happens inside such an alliance. IDALINNEA maybe is hiding now? :)

• I would like to sum up the sum up

IKEA take all the credit for the win( no mention of Duat) and hailing the leader AFK(which was really afk)

Duat, Gow, GOATS, Ten sum ups are no where to be found.

(its for you Lohalal. no more than 3)

I will thank Dante for holding Gow together, still can't believe Anze didn't take that plan,

And if Nordics didn't use bots, bravo for a great game playing, you did the famous say, start strong, disappear then end strong, and that's basically what you did this server.

for the people in Europe, i wish you good health, and be strong during lockdowns, you need it!!!!!

Post was edited 2 times, last by 1qaz ().

• Like said already, even tho we played together we were in many ways two different groups. Us giving Credit to our players and telling the story from our perspective is not away from Duat. They were amazing and on many aspect better than us aswell and this would not have been possible without them. I've already learned that I can't write english that well and the tone & meaning might get twisted because of that. I hope and believe that after all Duat players know their value and our appreciation for them playing this round with us.

Like I said, these kind of speeches come from our culture and would be nice to get some insight what was going on elsewhere aswell. Loffe has already promised to write from Duat's perspective when he has the time, so atleast we have that to look for :)

• Like said already, even tho we played together we were in many ways two different groups. Us giving Credit to our players and telling the story from our perspective is not away from Duat. They were amazing and on many aspect better than us aswell and this would not have been possible without them. I've already learned that I can't write english that well and the tone & meaning might get twisted because of that. I hope and believe that after all Duat players know their value and our appreciation for them playing this round with us.

Like I said, these kind of speeches come from our culture and would be nice to get some insight what was going on elsewhere aswell. Loffe has already promised to write from Duat's perspective when he has the time, so atleast we have that to look for :)

well, its just we though you were 1 meta more than 2 different, for me IKEA and Duat are the same ;)

Anyway, was nice to play against you, we witnessed high level on com servers in the first time

Have a good day

• I stil cant believe GoW Goats and TEN took combined zero plans.

• Hey all fellow addicted Travian players and thanks for round,

Account; TACKAN (Cheapest toilet brush in IKEA store 0,69e)

Alliance; IKEA

Role; Scouts

Account Plan and Duals;

AFK asked me to play and I was of course always ready when he asks to play with him, I wanted to play Teuton scout account since I assumed I would be busy with new born baby etc. But It was already reserved for Vilho/KOPPLA(Too bad)

So I said I can then play roman scout but would require help since I don't have that much time to do scouting's daily.

From the beginning of the server account was designed to be only scouts and hold LE/UE which ever we could get.

I recruited 2 duals with me Tapsa & JJ

JJ never actually logged in game if I recall correctly

Tapsa was playing all nights during D1-D100, but then started disappearing and left me alone in account, I'm glad we had some night players in alliance that had chance to sit during night and use scouts when ever I was not able to help.

Opsing;

We had chance to use SE and LE on account so SE was moved always in different villa with biggest stack to use currently and how much was needed, UE was for Nephthys because she had more scouts during arte days than me.

This global Covid-19 disease was really good for me as playing point of view playing scout account, since I have been remotely working over year now all my ops sends during week was on my office time and would be easy to send them at same time when working even though sometimes I had like +80 sends in few hours. (Brezzok sending IGM "Pretty good scriptto to get all same seconds)

Account overall;

We used a lot scouts during ops and scout walls, some scouts were starved.(Mostly by Duat)

I had to fix a lot scout walls also for non-roman tribes since our other scout account(KOPPLA/Vilho)was slacking a lot and gave me more work and pissed me off.

This is what was left on D210; Gyazo of troops

Later at stage some reason on public chat they started talking about TACKAN having WWK, so Arget and Hemoz planned to put some troops Imperians/EI/catas to my 05 Village as a bait so if that will get scouted it looks like there is actually WWK in que.

Report from launched WWK from 05 Eurotophobia; TACKAN MASSIVE WWK

Aftermath and future;

I enjoyed a lot playing scout account first time and most likely will do it also in future if that is required by leaders.

Big thanks for IKEA & Duat Management, however some in Duat management except Loffe were sometimes like crying baby's of all small shit that happened.

Special thanks to accounts that sit me when I was not able to fix everything as solo player. <3

BLÅHAJ, STUVA, HILJA and later during BP's Superriku. <3

Thanks to all IKEA & Duat members for server

Ps. Some people also in our alliance does not deserve thanks from me, for being annoying as fu*k and actually doing nothing useful.

I will keep playing still and see you on future servers. :whistling:

You can say that you quit this game and this was your last server, but we all know that's a lie and you will keep coming back. <3

:*uckamar:

BR

Moxxi<3

S1@ Mad Moxxi // Fix25@ Whip_Me_Granny // Fix27@ Hekate // S1@ Zac Hanson // Ts6@ Spökplumpen // Ts4@ Black Salami // Com4@ The Usurper (D133 delete) // Com2@ TACKAN // To be continued...

Post was edited 2 times, last by Moxxi ().

• Hello everyone. Superriku from KLUBBSPORRE here. I want to say thanks to everyone who played on the server, it was a round that turned out completely different than what I expected, in some sense fantastic, and also in some sense bad. Not much if any microraiding, techs, massive scale op’s, massive metas zerging… list goes on and on, a lot of stuff I hadn’t experienced before. This is only my point of view of things, and this post turned out be quite long.

Big thanks and respect towards AFK. I was picked up to the IKEA team by AFK in the beginning of last summer, when he was playing around many nordics servers looking for potential players for this round. Although I had played with few of IKEA’s players earlier, most of the group was unfamiliar to me. I had obviously heard that the ally is full of really talented players. Even though I might not have been the loudest person in IKEA, I can say that we had an ally full of great and colorful personalities, some which caused trouble and annoyance but some who made me smile again and again. I completely understand why AFK quit, he was the man keeping all of it together. Dealing with all the drama and stupid shit can drive you nuts, but also the responsibility of this kind of alliance is a huge burden. On top of that you had a crazy account..

AFK also recruited me to the def-team. I did some work, mostly in the beginning, but after the year turned to 2021 I was getting increasingly pressured with my studies, so I became more and more inactive in the management department. It was a pleasure working with this team, everything flowed almost perfectly, and the overall atmosphere in the management was really friendly inside IKEA. Working with Duat was mostly easy as well. Not many mistakes, defcalls were handled left right and centre with a work-rhythm normal player can dream of. To all the fellow green guys, huge thanks, you know exactly what we did. And of course, huge thanks to GoNu for your tools, bots, chatting, advice; you are a wizard : ) .

Coordination with scouting worked well most of the server. Moxxi, natiri, Loffe, Amar etc… each of you did ton of work on scouting, even if someone burned out towards the end scouts were still running. Thank you.

Op’s:

I had never participated in something like this in my fairly short travian career. The level of planning and brain energy put into these was extraordinary. Really good op’s, everyone knows it. We teared down the zerg like it was nothing. I actually enjoyed sitting in front of my pc for many many hours until the wee hours of the night sending them. Like for many others, ops are for me the best part of the game.

GOATS:

Huge disappointment for me. Coming into the server I thought GOATS were going to be a really strong meta, but it soon turned out after #Justice4Pax to be false. I don’t understand what was the point of your op’s, going on feeders etc. Also I don’t understand your trainer rotations, small boots idle, solo walling. On top of that most of your accs were pretty poor, but I’d say the management was the bigger issue. Atleast you pressured us with attacks most of the server, that was defteam’s primary employer. Props to xtased for a big hammer, even if you hoarded all the def in your ally..

Rest of the zerg:

You did better than GOATS, but I still cannot say you did well. You struggled with the basics too. I don’t know if that is because you’ve never had to think about stuff much because you are used to beating enemies with a massive account count. Giving out GZ/unique area control, not planning BP’s, leader-acc hoarding many artifacts just to secure hammers, not having proper scout accounts in a big premade to name a few problems. Also your op’s: our acc never had incomings on hammers. We had had UT and LT many times few over 1k pop villages clearly looking like off-villages, but for some reason you thought our acc would only have one small hammer... If you targeted us instead of Gunners, Nordics could have been surely weakened. You just let our hammers and def grow in peace. But I understand it is hard to lead such massive alliances, thanks for keeping it together till the end.

+ top kek Snake Plissken for his comments about EG and thanks to 1qaz for completely delusional views on everything, gave me a lot to laugh at. And also oasis on WW 8) .

GUNNERS:

You atleast did a lot better than anyone in the zerg. Sadly we didn’t get to attack you because of the zerg. Would have been an interesting to know how well you would have been able to keep up with us.

About KLUBBSPORRE (me, Havocc, Romppa and Karppi)

OFF RANK:

Roman_Numerals_6.png KLUBBSPORRE 1.621.068

Gold bought: 69640

I think we did pretty well considering the fact that we were voted the biggest alcoholics in IKEA. We came into the server with only two techs. I had never used techs and was used to microraiding a lot. This time troops mostly sat in a diet fed by the techs. We were in the first 7 to settle v2 thanks to havocc and romppa opening their wallet for the 2nd glad helm on the server. We simmed hard until artifacts (maybe top15 pop) and then quit cold turkey. Like everyone else operation #Justice4Pax slowed us down a little when we had to start queueing hammer early. Fields we eventually got to lvl 19 10 days before artifacts and there they stayed until the rest of the server. Using techs was new for us, and we had little benefit from them before artifacts, because our techs were in IKEA.

We were at first in LT rotation, and then we moved on to UT rotation later. We were queueing 4 hammers at first but decided to drop starter hammer after walling it. After that our hammers kept growing pretty nicely at first, even if we were using them in ops, since time and time again we hit empty targets. We were floating around 800-900k offtroops when we started to struggle with res. No walls were found. Thankfully quite soon d200 came and we got to move our troops to WW with ¼ consumption, and we managed to push out more. I think at max we had 990k troops right before we walled on xtased train. After that we kept growing the two hammers, waiting patiently for OC’s to tell us where to use them. In the end we didn’t get a target before zerg used all of their hammers, so we were left with 900k off unused... first Havocc sent 17 hammer to clean natar WW, which we got memed for. Then we sent it to goats WW. Then Havocc wanted to fulfill his promise of cataing KURA capital. I thought he was just joking about it, but one day I was out for 5 hours, and when I came back I saw that hammer was 1h away from hitting KURA. Small shitstorm came, KURA players got obviously a bit angry, and result we got half-jokingly removed from the ally. Then we joined Duat as refugees and hit Thoth capital to wall the hammer.

Thanks to these crazy mofo’s that played with me and paid for the shit. It was a fun time, good chats and toxic jokes. And also thanks to Shut (MINNEN) and Just4Fun (STORSINT) for being awesome techs : ) . And thanks to Karppi, our very own ”Steffe” Stenfors for really “positive” input and feedback, and provoking on IKEA discord :D .

Here are links to our hits if someone’s interested:

99 (starter hammer): Bitly

16: Bitly

17: Travian :: logger

08 (main): Travian :: logger

Screenshot of troops before xtased wall (d205): Screenshot - 21dc2134de43a46cf5837b298835b0fb - Gyazo

I want to thank everyone in IKEA and Duat for this amazing victory. We came into the server just for fun, and ended up winning.

Some personal notes and thanks to those I didn’t mention earlier:

Hemoz (KORNSNÖ): Best meme ElNegro. You pretty much saved the situation on our ally’s most important acc KORNSNÖ after AFK quit and Kalkkuna disappeared. Thank you. You have really good ideas and thoughts, but your interaction methods could be improved : ) . Thanks for a lot of laughs tho.

Tempest & petrn (ALGOT): Saved the day by sitting the WW during the night. Tempest is a big teamplayer, a lot of work done for the team. And hats off to a nice off account to both of you!

Raymon: You probably have the best gamesense I have witnessed in this game. Perfect op’s and fantastic accounts (Gothmog too on N4). I never had any trouble with communicating with you, but I really did not like your attitude towards others. It isn’t a very leader-like thing to call everyone the r-word when they fuck up. And fuckups also happened on your end, which made you look like a hypocrite when you couldn’t handle the heat back.

Loffe: Nothing but praise for this chipmunk . Easy to work with, nice dude and most of all such hardworking guy on acc and in the management. I don’t know if you are quitting but definitely would like to play in your alliance sometime : ) .

Zimpero (IDALINNEA): Stay one round sober and calm and you would probably be the best player in the team. Thanks for recommending me to AFK originally.

Jimb00 (BLÅHAJ): King Jimbo. Good op’s.

Keisari, miks, Weeder (KURA): Towards the end you played better and better, nice hits. Sometimes your attitude was not good. You got heated for little details and we had to cover for your f**kup after first zerg ops to us. Many times, you had problems about little things in trainer rotations as well. And tbh I don’t understand why you got so heated when Havocc catad your capital. Server was already over, so it didn’t matter. But anyway, thanks to you for sitting us a few times in the midgame and a thanks to miks for some chats : ) .

All the defplayers that sent actively, you know who you are. You played amazing and worked really hard. Wouldn’t have been possible without you.

Would be fun to hear stories from other perspectives, like the zerg for example.

P.S. picture of HEJAREN queueing for us while we all 4 on our acc are drunk shitchatting in discord

Screenshot - 6013c3e50ff6bfe3aec5f4c3cb6f062d - Gyazo

• Hello, ViGGe here!

Ill jump in and salute our team for the victory, despite having the odds against us. Also thank you to our opponents.

I played on Angor Animi account. Plan from start was to play with my friends Matty and Nordin, who ended up playing on Dj_coolz and Klokov respectively. They helped enormously with sitting on Angor. Also Vino&Pane helped out a lot so a big thanks to all of you!

First plan when Loffe and the bois told me about this server they were having like 15 accounts in middle trying to be offensive and wreck havoc. I don't really have the time for center plays so I decided to play farther out and just build some EIs for artifact spawns. Unfortunately, I got bounced first on brewery's cap, then 2 days later on Cosmo's cap also. Having lost a huge amount of time on bounces, I decided to go really really really far out, like almost com3... And settled 2nd village 5 days after the first bounce. Wouldn't be so good for arti spawns, but still decent.

At start, my friends accounts were just supposed to help me out and then join my account but they continued playing on Dj_coolz and Klokov and built huge amounts of def instead. In the beginning, I got approached by GoW when they tried to recruit us, asking for our plans for this server etc. We were playing in our own alliance incognito. I asked Loffe about joining but he specifically said no with regards to not liking having spies in other alliances. I believe our meta (Duat+IKEA) were the only ones not having any spies in other alliances, and probably not having any in our own as well.

Production was going great, and at some point I think I was 2nd on server in daily production, probably short after Helios. I only had 18 fields at artifacts since I expected to get wiped out by GoW. A few weeks after, I decided to go for 19s just as the first ops from GoW came. Sadly, after that one they never really attacked again.

As artifacts came, I decided to continue building ghost sweeps as I didn't get to clear any artifacts and GoW seemed to have a lot of inactive/semi active guys with off troops.

I got to keep a small fools artifact, which was decent I guess. Got some small trainer/unique trainer from it in start but couldn't really rally up long queues as I had 5 or 6 EI villages at that time, no techs and no real feeding village. KORNSNÖ gave us a UD village to store troops in after a week or two from artifacts. First few weeks we fed it manually, sending wheat every 2-3 hours or so. Later on, we got to move in an artifact and could set up trade routes which helped a lot. At the end, the village was -700k / h and that was basically not much leftover for the other guys to queue def. I could still manage to queue my EIs though.

The fool took it's time to give me some small/unique boots, but eventually they came and almost every night I got luck with boots on small fool I sent some sweeps. In the end I trained EIs in 10 villages.

Some time around day 150 when we started opsing I decided to build some catas in one of the off villages to join in as follow-up. This was fun since I have never been an ops-player. Ended up participating in maybe 4 or 5 ops and destroying fields in 10+ capitals, which was decent I guess.

Here are basically all "interesting" reports from my ghost attacks. In the end I cleared a lot of small troops and def on inactive accounts which is not worth showing.

First attacks

Some small stuff and a try for Azaezel hammer

More small stuff

brewery hits etc

More small stuff

End huntings

More end huntings

Finishing the server top5 attacker was not something I expected. In the end I am happy with the result but it feels like things could have been better since pretty much nothing was ghostable from GoW last few months in the proximal surrounding. Permanent boots would have helped I guess. Thanks everyone for this round, sad that it turned out the way it did with zerging etc. A full on server war between all metas would have been really interesting.

- ViGGe