Advice on second village cropper (late start) Gaul No gold

• Hi, i need advice on taking my second village (im in top 5 growers right now no gold, gaul)

I started late on a x1 speed server (17 days in) basically all good spots are already taken, even the spots furthest away.

Around my starting village are already several people who settled far away at server start (2-3 villages average)

3 options:

1. Close to me i I can take a 15 cropper with 75% crop and guaranteed 50% crop. (14 tiles away). Big con is hard to sustain as non gold/ non roman.

2. take a 9c 25% (5 tiles away) because im a defensive account only.

3. Find a mediocre spot 9cropper with maybe a 15 cropper low wheat far away with no guarantee of having better croppers.

What cropper would you guys recommend in general as a non gold, defensive gaul?:

- 15 cropper. cons: harder to grow early

- 9 cropper. Cons: wheat problems later in game

(Playstyle: Defensive and i want to make one hammer/ one ghost hammer theutatis)

*My initial thought is to still take the 15 cropper75% wheat production, since i know how hard it is to get a decent cropper.*

Post was edited 6 times, last by Wodan ().

• Hi,

I would say as a defensive player with none gold use, I would go for a 9 cropper since its more balanced and does not need gold at all if so be.

Best regards,

Achtung

• I would just take the C15, try to find some ways to build it by using adventure /auctions/ tasks rewards that gain resources or silver to convert to gold...

Since you alread started late, just test if it works or does not work for you and use the experience taken for a new round later on where you can start early on ;)

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Thank you both for your answers, in 10 min i have a 15 cropper 100% , lets see how it goes. Might be a logistic nightmare, if it wont work i know for nexttime.

Do i build any offense/ defense in my 15cropper? Or only in a attack village next to it.

• Thank you both for your answers, in 10 min i have a 15 cropper 100% , lets see how it goes. Might be a logistic nightmare, if it wont work i know for nexttime.

Do i build any offense/ defense in my 15cropper? Or only in a attack village next to it.

Hi,

It depends if you wanna have a capital hammer or not.

Some people use to have a normal village as the attacking village since you can build great barack in it.

Than you use the capital cropper for support of crop to your hammer

Best regards,

Achtung

• No gold, so i assume gold club is not bought: So no trade routes to be set, no need for large racks/stables

The troops you want to build most is right choice for C15 i guess

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

~ The special one... ~

• Thank you both for the answer

No gold, so i assume gold club is not bought: So no trade routes to be set, no need for large racks/stables

The troops you want to build most is right choice for C15 i guess

I have gold club, could sell items :)

• Hi, yes i will probably have an attacking village (will be my 3d village in 2 days). What would you recommend, take one village 6c cropper (only 25% wheat) directly against my capital (15 cropper 100%).

Or take one 6 cropper 2,8 tiles away 125% wheat?

Also is a 4446 recommended or a 6 cropper with 5 iron/ wood/ clay? Which 6cropper is recommended for gaul attacking village? 3456? 4536? etc?

Thanks in advance

• Hi,

To be honest having oasis in a non capital is not making a huge benefit.

It's ofc better than nothing and you should probably go for 125 wheat even though it's not your capital.

For you I would go for a normal 4446 village since it's not a capital so it would be the best for you in this case I would say.

Use your capital cropper for sending the crop you need.

If someone else have another way to do this let us know.

Best regards,

Achtung

• 4437 / 4536 / 4446

off villages usually don't have oasis, they can be raided with your village on large minus (crop)

reserve the oasis for feeder/def villages, you don't need 3 oasis for 1 village as hero mansion 20 is too expensive

History:

~ The special one... ~

• Thank you for your quick answer

4437 / 4536 / 4446

off villages usually don't have oasis, they can be raided with your village on large minus (crop)

reserve the oasis for feeder/def villages, you don't need 3 oasis for 1 village as hero mansion 20 is too expensive

Also thank you for your answer, makes sense :)