Why players produce Caesaris

📝Farewell to Forums📝

The forum is currently in read-only mode that will last till July 07th, 2021.

You will find news and all relevant information about the game in our Travian: Legends blog.
For live conversations and interaction with the community join us in official Travian: Legends Discord server.
  • I'm a beginner and have some questions

ıf game about crop consumption

1 emperyan has 70 attack power 1 crop consumption

1 caesaris has 180 attack power 4 crop consumption

cant you produce 4 emperyan and have 280 attack power ? I think noone use caesaris for defence usually most of cavalry units at game seem useless

• Hi,

When it comes to attack power yes they usually have around the same attack if you count crop wise.

But the idea with using different types of units is the defence.

For example a spearman for the teuton have.

defence against infantry35 defence for inf defence against cavalry60 defence for cavalry

This means that if you attack with horses against a player with only spear you will be much weaker.

Instead if you using only marktroops on him you will get a more advantage.

People often make both to avoid such mistake and if you can resource wise you should always keep

both barack and stable on 24/7 cause then you get the most attack power out per/hour

Best regards,

Achtung

• You are forgetting the Roman special building. It not only makes ECs eat 3 crop instead of 4, but they build faster, too. Also, you can build attack power faster by building both imps and ECs. And don't forget your siege. Without siege, you are merely a raider and basically a non-factor in anything important.

• Also,

when you are playing defensive, the Caeris has excellent defensive stats (if you can afford them)

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Also,

when you are playing defensive, the Caeris has excellent defensive stats (if you can afford them)

Ehem.

Caesaris are the second worst defensive unit you could use in the game. Even Imperatoris are better crop / cost wise.

• Against infantry 80 ,against cavalry 105 for Defender.

Praetorians and caesars counsel for Defender for those Who can :)

• Against infantry 80 ,against cavalry 105 for Defender.

Praetorians and caesars counsel for Defender for those Who can :)

so its 20 def per crop-.... very good!

next up players recommending clubs as a defensive unit.

• so its 20 def per crop-.... very good!

next up players recommending clubs as a defensive unit.

May Reasoning was if you use Gold then if you don't use then obviously you can't,however caesars are strong on Defense :)

• May Reasoning was if you use Gold then if you don't use then obviously you can't,however caesars are strong on Defense :)

Nope they aren't. Just build praetorians in every village ;-)

• You are all forgetting that the original question was "why build ECs for OFFENSE?".
    And the reason is still attack points vs build time. More ECs = more attack points.

• I repeat that the Caesars are good in defense and excellent in attack, then everyone has their own opinions clearly :)

• I repeat that the Caesars are good in defense and excellent in attack, then everyone has their own opinions clearly :)

and you don't seem to be an experienced player.

• Hello Undaunted :thumbup:

I will try and explain why i would want to build EC :rom06: instead of EI :rom05: , not being a roman expect ;)

When building offensive you always want to try and reach the maximum amount of damage the hammer, term for big offensive armies, can reach. Thats why you should see people spending lots of gold on helmets, items for heroes and golding a lot on their account - And most important making sure barracks/stable/ workshop is going every minute of the day level 20 in all three. At some point in the game you will realize that the only slowing you down is the time - The time you can spend on the game and the time you have to wait to produce units.

So sometimes people like to build the EI :rom05: if theyre really into mircofarming the map - Mircofarming is when you make farmlists for serveral villages one list for infantry and then horses pr. village (Maybe 2-4) and then they spam every 5min-15min-30min they send all lists. In this situation some players value the EI :rom05: over the slower horse as the EC, and they might have a case for it :rom06: . This might be a bit too soon to talk about ghosting hammers(the oasis special - Tiger, N1 round 2.) and clearing arts with horses, so I wont talk about that. 8|

The longer you build the unit with less damage the less potential your hammer has in the future. Thats why these players who build EI often times have serveral hammers with the :rom06::rom03::rom08::rom07: combo to make sure they can deal damage and not just raid(which to be fair is kind of useless if thats all one account do). So if you want to play tigther and really do yourself a favour - Make EC :rom06::thumbup:

And the debate about EC in deff? I think this is stupid debate - These guys clearly havent heard of the danish Axe :teu03: and :teu05: paladin cleaner. Clearly the best hammer in the game right now.

Imagine winning the world championship and someone from the low confed, in the 2k player/tech group argues that the EC :rom06: deff is a good choice - Whats your counterargument 14wayss, the other dude have won a server:D

• I only expressed my opinion as a server winner, then it will be wrong, who says otherwise <3

good alliance. those horses are hella expensive, and the deff power makes counting less alluring.