Internet speeds

• I couldn't find any threads to moan or gloat about internet speeds, so here we go.

• There was a bit in the now doing thread a week or two ago; Ryder will explode with jealousy if I post mine again...

Edit : so yeah...Sept...I'm getting awful pings but x2 better download speeds using 3G on my phone from the train.....

*goes to find somewhere to hide again*

The post was edited 1 time, last by Samantha78 ().

• This explains why I can't manage more than 1 wave per sec, even on K-Meleon :D

• My upload speed is slower than your, therefore I win?
    So small picture, can't get it larger...

• When i posted in Skype, i seemed to have an OK upload speed and ping rate, but terrible download. Congrats on equaling it :P

• And right now connection seems to be very good.
    Sometimes it drops extremely low, gotta do that test during one of those ...

• :D I tried it at first while I had *a competitor of Travian* open in another tab. With that open, I couldn't get it to make a successful ping, even after 10 minutes.

EDIT: However, Skype didn't make an appreciable difference

• Exactly! This is comparision about who has slowest internet, you fast one should race somewhere else!

• I couldn't find any threads to moan or gloat about internet speeds, so here we go.

As septimus ii said I can gloat.

Would you please leave with your fast internet speeds?

You have to catch me first :p

Exactly! This is comparision about who has slowest internet, you fast one should race somewhere else!

Well I think I have the slowest because I have the largest loss of speed (by percentage) I am supposed to have 100mb down....

Look what happens when I test against Birmingham!!

• From my phone / 3G last night...

Niiice, when at my dads house I used to have to use a 3G USB router as he hadn't got internet at the new house yet, I could get just over 4Mbps, but it was an equal stream so it was 4Mbps upload as well, was pretty impressive!

• I was impressed :D I've got mobilebroadband too; suspect that's a bit quicker

• My best internet ever was when I used to work in London, you could log on server side and start a download and windows wouldn't be able to put a time on it, because it would just finish instantly. Downloaded a Win7 ISO from MSDN in like 7 seconds or something on it when working late once, just ridiculous.

• My best internet ever was when I used to work in London, you could log on server side and start a download and windows wouldn't be able to put a time on it, because it would just finish instantly. Downloaded a Win7 ISO from MSDN in like 7 seconds or something on it when working late once, just ridiculous.

Light cable?

• 14.7 million pixies per second :smile:
    So it looks like Virgin have upgraded me, although I was hoping for 20 million :/

Actually I can't tell the difference...