Game of Thrones

• I've only read the book, not seen the episode yet, so I'm going to check the synopsis very carefully before posting :D

EDIT: I was more surprised by Caitlyn dying - she seemed like the sort of woman who would survive, mourning the death of one loved one after another. Also, having just read a rather detailed synopsis, I really want to see this episode! Time to try streaming the last 2 series :D

• I've only read the book, not seen the episode yet, so I'm going to check the synopsis very carefully before posting :D

EDIT: I was more surprised by Caitlyn dying - she seemed like the sort of woman who would survive, mourning the death of one loved one after another. Also, having just read a rather detailed synopsis, I really want to see this episode! Time to try streaming the last 2 series :D

definitely... I watched it on sky last night... gosh I can't believe how good that episode was! But still... :'(

Game of thrones is highly recommended if anyone haven't started following it.

• My only issue is that whilst what happened might be fine in the books, as each other 'array' of characters has been well developed, on the TV show, the rest of them are just a bunch of vapid, mono-dimensional fools.

• How is anyone not glad that Catlyn died? She was the sole root of this war

The war was started for many reasons not just the fact that she kidnaps Tyrion.

Worst thing of the episode for me was that they killed his wolf.

I liked Catlyn, for her many faults.

I loved the silence at the end of the episode. Epic

Yeah man, it was pretty powerful!

The war was started for many reasons not just the fact that she kidnaps Tyrion.

I hate it every time a wolf dies, but now (for me, at least) the main characters have been killed off, leaving the supporting cast alone. I couldn't care what happens to the rest of them to be honest, which sucks!

• I hate it every time a wolf dies, but now (for me, at least) the main characters have been killed off, leaving the supporting cast alone. I couldn't care what happens to the rest of them to be honest, which sucks!

Still see Bran and Rickon as main characters. Always felt the Starks was the center of the story. Never thought so many of them would die.

• The war was started for many reasons not just the fact that she kidnaps Tyrion.

In the book the Wolf dies attacking four men I believe, so was disappointed with the meager way it died in the episode.

I liked Catlyn, for her many faults.

Yeah man, it was pretty powerful!

Catelyn Stark:
    Is an utter C-Bomb to Jon, regardless of what the tv show said (she never prayed for him at all)
    makes Ned go to Kings Landing, thus causing his death, and the capture of Sansa
    By capturing Tyrion she brings Tywin into action (the main spark of the entire war)
    Forces Robb into a marriage which he was never going to keep
    Releases Jaime Lannister, going against her king and son

Don't worry the characters of Jaime and Theon become my two favourite characters within the next books, so there are plenty of characters!

• From this point on I am only going to let myself like Tyrion, as George "the heart-render" Martin has openly stated that he is his favourite character, so he has the best chance of surviving.

• From this point on I am only going to let myself like Tyrion, as George "the heart-render" Martin has openly stated that he is his favourite character, so he has the best chance of surviving.

I second that. But I am very keen(BUT PLEASE DON'T TELL ME), on watching who is going to take over leadership of the North. My heart sank when rob died... When the first guy stabbed his pregnant queen in the stomach, I was just gobsmacked...

I hope john snow might be able to assume leadership somehow, he is a good man. But I don't like the actor as much as rob..

Also it will be interesting when lannister finds out that they let jamie go... would show if lannister have any conscience at all.

• Catelyn Stark:
    Is an utter C-Bomb to Jon, regardless of what the tv show said (she never prayed for him at all)
    makes Ned go to Kings Landing, thus causing his death, and the capture of Sansa
    By capturing Tyrion she brings Tywin into action (the main spark of the entire war)
    Forces Robb into a marriage which he was never going to keep
    Releases Jaime Lannister, going against her king and son

1) True
    2) She tried to persuade him not to go
    3) That war was always going to happen, especially after the death of Ned (I can't remember whether that was before or after Tyrion was captured)
    4) She didn't have a lot of choice
    5) That was stupid

• Arya Stark has a really interesting story in the books, I think there will be a lot to come from her. The Starks are still a major part of the story, though the last book written ended on a real cliffhanger with one of them. Also I would point out that with George R Martin you never can be sure what's coming next, death doesn't necessarily mean the end of a character's story.

Catelyn put her trust in Jaime Lannister, in the hope he would be exchanged for her girls, who she believed were in danger in Kings Landing. You can't knock her motives, and as it turns out her trust in Jaime wasn't misplaced.

• Arya Stark has a really interesting story in the books, I think there will be a lot to come from her. The Starks are still a major part of the story, though the last book written ended on a real cliffhanger with one of them. Also I would point out that with George R Martin you never can be sure what's coming next, death doesn't necessarily mean the end of a character's story.

Catelyn put her trust in Jaime Lannister, in the hope he would be exchanged for her girls, who she believed were in danger in Kings Landing. You can't knock her motives, and as it turns out her trust in Jaime wasn't misplaced.

True, the "stoneheart" is gunna be cool :) I just want Arya's storyline to hurry up and get to the bit where she's a damn badass!!

• OK so I think this deserves a separate post, as a new episode came out. That was awesome :D