Posts by Bonzo

So nothing new this weekend and on travian blog it is posted with the headline "full story".
    Whatever next week will come, I won't be able to keep up with my posts as I am heading into a busy week. Though, I had fun to make up some fancy features and I hope you all enjoyed following them.

@Templar Knight Shouldn't have I earned a beta key for this, should I?

Edit:
    This is how your hero might look like once he is equipped with all the items for the five features...

I am happy to take your confusion by my hand and introduce to you one of the this year new special features for Path to Pandora:

THE EMISSARY

Prerequisites:
    - You can only chief a capital if your hero wears the Riding Hat of the Taciturn
    - You can only chief a capital if your account language is set to sign language. This will be added newly to the list of languages - numbers will be changed to sign spelling as well. It will stay all server long if you once used this feature.
    - You can only and exclusively chief a capital of Hunnic accounts. If you choose to play the Hunnic tribe, be aware that your main domicile may not write long history.
    - You can only chief a capital if you have a Roman capital next to the Hun account you want conquer the capital from. The impressive vibrations of their persuasiveness would be needed to convince the population to join your empire. If your chiefs don't have this support at their back, one square of the map will turn gray - and if a region fully turned gray the artefact and its effect will be lost to the Natarian tribe - forever.

I am happy to take your confusion by my hand and introduce to you one of the this year new special features for Path to Pandora:

THE TRICKSTER

Prerequisites:
    - You can only transform offensive troops of incoming attacks into defensive troops if your hero is equipped with the Runed Spear of Lugh.
    - You can only transform offensive troops of incoming attacks into defensive troops if you have a stonemasion level 20 in your capital, however, because of all the attacks you already defended, it is a dangerous ruin which is so insecure that all the surrounding buildings are at risk. Instead of increasing the strength it is reducing it. Unfortunately you can’t remove it yourself anymore as well, as it would destroy all the surrounding buildings instantly.
    - You can only transform offensive troops of incoming attacks into defensive troops sent by Gallic accounts. If you choose to play the Gallic tribe, be aware that your mighty hammer can turn into awesome anvil with possible dramatic splat.
    - You can only transform offensive troops of incoming attacks into defensive troops if you have a Hun capital next to the Gallic account you want to change troops from. The army of the Huns is master of both, attack and defense. If the Gauls aren’t jealous enough at the Huns’ multiple talents they will not be easily manipulated into transforming, and one square of the map will turn gray - and if a region fully turned gray the artefact and its effect will be lost to the Natarian tribe - forever.

*Siege units can’t be transformed.

THE THIEF

Prequisites:
    - You can only elevate a building like a feather and move it to another village effortlessly if your hero is equipped with the Jewelled Tankard of the Souse
    - You can only elevate a building like a feather and move it to another village effortlessly if you trade smart and heavily, so heavy that you have to even use your sheep to carry goods. Therefore all your trade routes would go with tripled travel time all server long.
    - You can only and exclusively elevate a building like a feather and move it to another village effortlessly out of Teutonic accounts. If you choose to play the Teuton tribe, be aware that other players can steal your buildings.
    - You can only elevate a building like a feather and move it to another village effortlessly if you have a Gaul capital next to the Teutonic account you want to steal it from. If they have no Gaul’s special ingredient for their beer, they won’t be drunk enough to don't miss the building in their village and one square of the map will turn gray - and if a region fully turned gray the artefact and its effect will be lost to the Natarian tribe - forever.

THE GARDENER

Prequisites:
    - You can only grow oasis (green patches) on the map if your hero is equipped with the Shendyt of the Deity Ash (pleated kilt)
    - You can only grow oasis if you never had activated the vacation mode nor will you be able anymore to activate it for the rest of the server. You have to work non-stop, no break, no rest!
    - You can only and exclusively grow oasis for Egyptian accounts. If you choose to play the Egyptian tribe, be aware that you are the only one who could annex those grown oases. If anyone else tried to annex a grown oasis, it would instantly vanish from the map like it had been a hallucination.
    - You can only grow oasis if you have a Teuton capital next to the Egyptian account you want to create it for. If they have no Teuton's large carts which would be needed to carry all the resources they gain from the annexed oasis, one square of the map will turn gray - and if a region fully turned gray the artefact and its effect will be lost to the Natarian tribe - forever.

THE SPY

Prequisites:
    - You can only spy if your hero wears the worn out Sandals of the senator Gnaeus Titianus
    - You can only spy if you had been sent out ten years ago to experience the tribes and explore the fruitful lands of travian. As proof you need to set your Veteran Medal 10a on your profile.
    - You can only and exclusively spy out Roman accounts. If you choose to play the Roman tribe, be aware that nothing on your account will stay personal.
    - You can only spy if you have an Egyptian capital next to the Roman account you want to spy out. If not then their attention wouldn't be dispersed enough and they would easily catch you in the act. Whenever this happens, one square of the map will turn gray - and if a region fully turned gray the artefact and its effect will be lost to the Natarian tribe - forever.

Scroll I Scroll II
    Natar village Natar village
    Natar village return life
    return life Natar village
    return life return life

Green is true, red is false.

Both scrolls tell the truth, so if he picks Scroll II the spell will return life to the village.

Nickname: Kairos
    Server: ts1.travian.com

Probably you know less than German players!
    I had a discussion with my dual about Natars and as it is nature of human being - they believe better if you give official source of facts and figures. So I went to .com Travian answers just to find out that the subject is treated far more general than on .de Travian answers.
    I don’t know why German page has different text and if it is actual situation or outdated:

German answers about Natars

• If an account deletes there will be a 10% chance for its capital to turn into Natar. If this happens all troops and resources in the village will be removed. All buildings and fields will lose one level. Finally the village will get an amount of pikemen according to the existing croplands.
    • If anyone attacks Natar, Natar population of only the village will be considered for the battle while attacker population of whole account needs to be considered. That means if you chief a Natar all fields and buildings may lose one level based on your account size.
    • Once an hour Natars decide if to train troops or to upgrade a building/resource field. This decision is based on the count of attacks/raids on Natars in relation of attacks/raids on whole server.
      Troops:

• Before Natars start to train troops, there has to be reached a basic crop production. Natars don’t want to starve their troops. (Natar troops wouldn’t starve but they like to silence their conscience.)
      • Natars don’t have to research troops, but to train them they need the matching military building.
      • To train troops Natars also need resources. If they don’t have enough for the planned training, they use up the current resources, but still do the planned amount of troops.
      • The level of the military building (barracks/stable/workshop) influences the training time of Natarian troops.

Constructions:

• After decision to construct something there is a 50% chance that it will be a resource field, otherwise a building will be randomly upgraded (or a new one placed).
      • If the capacity of storage isn’t enough for the planned construction, warehouse or granary will be upgraded first.
      • Natars need resources to construct. If they don’t have enough for the planned construction, they will use up the current resources and still do the planned construction.
      • Fields will never be upgraded higher than level 9.
      • Natars have to follow prerequisites for buildings like everyone else. If they decide to construct, they will first pick buildings for which the prerequisites are fulfilled. Only if they can’t find anything, they will upgrade required buildings.
      • The duration of constructions is random but never higher than an hour.

• Completely independent of the hourly decision about training troops or constructing a building the Natarian wall will be upgraded. This upgrades depend on the count of attacks on the village.

So if you are raiding Natars and think if you heavily send, you will be safe as they wouldn’t ever get enough resources to train troops, you are quite wrong. As we just learned Natars will train a planned amount of troops regardless if they have enough resources or not. All you can do is to zero military buildings and wall constantly (as they rebuild - also regardless of available resources) or crop-lock the village.

First picture shows the real report how it appeared to be after I attacked an oasis. Second picture shows what was transferred when I pushed "combat simulator" button. It says "-1" levels on haeduans which I think happens because they came from adventure and aren't researched in that village. I get a message "Smithy levels for the attacker are out of range. The correct range is between 0 and 20." - Nothing major, just needs a little adjusting that it would be added with l0. But simulation in picture three shows also another result than in my report on the first picture.
    One more rat suddenly would survive the battle. I think it happens because hero strength in total is calculated wrong. Hero wears a Walking Staff of the Druidrider which seems not to be taken into count. If I add more strength points I will have same result as in the report picture one. This also needs adustment. Gonna give that to support, just for general information.

Following picture is a def report of the same account. Why can I add off reports with a button (plus-feature btw.) to combat simulator but not def reports? If enemy came again and I would like to see how my troops would defend against it, easiest way would be to transfer report into simulator and also get my defenses and troops of the village I am sitting on, my hero with equipment and attributes.
    If I go on the simulator I can select my villages I want attack from on the top but defender side does not have that option.

As code is rewritten for combat simulator and reports: Is it possible to add info on the rally point? I would like to see reinforcement's smithy level. You never really know how heavy the defense of your standing is except you go to every account that sent defense and ask how high the troops are levelled.

I was in defense team several times and you just suppose at a specific point of the server that troops are fully levelled without speaking about it. But it still appears that you have high batches of troops that saw not even one upgrade and make all your calculations going worse. On last RoA we even considered a capital safe at late server stage with tons of praets as standing. We were sure they were l20 ones. Well, no, they were not and easily killed by enemy...

If I had to send half home and keep standing, I could pick according to upgrade level and I could speak to people who didn't upgrade yet. Even more important on birthday server I think. There are hubs which are used for different issues which is already hard to maintain as you have to always set many tabs to see if the troops are on boots, if they have any TS level, to send them to another village close to incoming time. Those two would be also very nice pieces of info to add. I know it is effort we are supposed to bring in (of what I heard) but I am not able to see upgrade level of troops. I would have to message every single owner.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg