Posts by Blaze

Well, in my person experience. When there are a lot of servers/game modes in games. Each server has lesser amount of people, since everyone has their own preference. Travian is not relevant enough to have multiple speed servers for one domain and still have them filled with accounts.

But yes, perhaps a 2x, which is not tourney, would be a good idea. Maybe a 5x server twice a year too.

Fair enough. But like I said in my post too. The goal would be to make all the tribes appealing to all the audience. And hence not make Teuton 'underplayed'. But underplayed does not mean they are not the best tribe. The tribe, as you said, is still the preffered tribe for all major off accs and 1/3 of def accs lets say (for a pro + golder). Its one of those things like the 1%. There are few of them but they have more than the rest of the world combined. My point is that they need to make it more appealing to the nongolders/newbies as well as nerf it for the progoldhos

What I can agree with is that I didnt keep tourney in mind when I made the point about wwr/k.

To the rest, I disagree. Chess is not an online strategy game mate. Any succesful game these days has constant changes to their numbers in order to make the game interesting or more balanced. Seriously, look into any esports game. Theres a reason, cause it works.

The other thing I can agree with is that I do not even consider the other 2 tribes as they are clearly still broken.

Gotta love strategic,

Dislikes my post, and then repeats its points without saying why he disagrees with the post xDD

Its a discussion thread, discuss why you disagree so we can find and provide the representatives with points which are agreed by the majority :P

Unless youre just being toxic like always ^_^

Okay. So first I'd like to talk about the introduction of rewards(gold) based on accomplishments. Almost every online game has a currency, just like travian. The only difference is that Travian has only one way to get, by purchasing it. Will quote myself from my initial post on this topic as I'd like to not type it again :P

"the simplest way to look at things would be to see how newer players interact with the game. With such a steep learning curve and the pay to win aspect, its extremely hard for a newbie, with little to no gold, to actually survive the initial stage. Perhaps gold could be used as an incentive (like most mobile games have gems or such being awarded). So if you complete a daily task or an overall achievement (for example killing 1k troops) you get a little gold to aid you. To people buying 1600 packages every 2 weeks, these rewards will be pennies, but to the average non golder, it would do wonders. If the game is more playable to new players and non golders, we will eventually see the 'irrelevance' of the game fade away. As it stands, new players never stick as they dont find it appealing enough to spend hours and hours to eventually end up getting owned by high skilled golders, with the older players growing tired of the stale game and retiring too"

Now lets move on to the next few points. 'Game balancing' to be more speccific. Like I said, game is stale af. And one of my friends Danilo had advised this to me, and I'd like to forward it to you as i completely agree with it. Almost every game in the world has constant balancing of weapons/money/etc. For travian this applies to the troops. For as long as I can remember the troops off, and deff stats have been the same. Making the game stale. If there are constant buffs or nerfs, it will allow new strategies with every update and allow people to explore things not possible rn. Maybe eeven a new type of arti once a year or something. Who knows. Be creative. It also ends up being appealing to veterans as it gives them something new to do, and not play a game they've already mastered.

Moving further into game balancing, here are a few ideas for each tribe.

Nerf Teuton. Everything is simply OP for a teuton. The only real downfall I see is their cavalry off being [Less than ideal]. Which honestly isn't that big of a downfall either. Crop consumption is not an issue due to their superb raiding. And Mace very well make up for the [bad] cavalry off. Spears and paladins make teuton a worthy def tribe too. Wall is good too. Everything is good. Needs nerf. Either make the wall less usefull (like huns) or some other balance

Buff Gaul ffs. Their special building is absolutely [horrible]. Trapper? really? Lets compare them to other tribes' special buildings. HDT for romans which provides them 20% faster training time in stable as well as reducing crop consumption by 1 for each cav (at lvl 20). Teutons get a 10% buff to their off while brewery is active. No there is no downfall to a brewery unless youre stubborn and wanna go for a wwk instead of a wwr. Now lets go to trapper..... Nuff said.

Their off as it stands I'm satisfied with (as its supposed to be heavy deff favoured tribe), but not their deff. Teutons almost match them when it comes to def/time, and gauls consume a lot of crop too. Perhaps a buff to their wall. (So maybe a trade between the gaul wall and teuton wall iirc how each tribes' walls are)

Romans slight buff. As it stands Romans are mediocre in each aspect. In most servers roman lose to Teutons in farming due to sheer mass of mace. Def/time is worst, even below teutons which is supposed to be an off tribe (see why teut need nerf). The only thing they excel at is Low crop consumption and solid off/time and raiding aspect from their cav. Which sadly imps lower down to, oh, make it mediocre once again -.-. I do realise there are other appealing factors too, such as multiple buildings at once and scouts. Hence why I say slight buff. But they do need it. Their infantry and merchants are slow af too. Perhaps a buff to imperians, or prets. Either. NOT BOTH or you'll make another OP tribe like teut.

A reminder again, keep playing around with the numbers until you find the perfect combination of numbers. Its not balanced right now. Also if I understand it correctly, most new/non spending people go with roman/gaul. Due to them being a relatively strong tribe for newbies/nonspenders. While most pros prefer to go teuton (as an off player, and some with def). Make all the tribes appealing to all the audience. Don't have 35-40% of roman and gaul in every server, and only 25% or something of teut.

Now lets move on to MH's omfgasdfghj....
    Pay them, please. Make them think that if they dont do their job properly they actually have something to lose. We've not been replied to for up to 40h on 3x servers, equaling to 5 days on a 1x server. Thats 1 reply, not the amount of time it took to solve the matter. That would be about 2 weeks. Not to mention unjust bans. Yes, it happens, no matter what people say. We've been banned on comx unjustly and then told "sorry, youre right, it wasnt a just ban" after 4 days or so (again, equal to almost 2 weeks on a 1x server) with a little "heres 20 gold for compensation, rules state we dont have to compensate you, but we felt bad" as a cherry on the top. And it wasnt a one in a million occurence as it happened to many others that very server. This was just an example, of the state of the MHs. I've had pleasant encounters with MHs too, but there is an inconsistency which shouldnt exist. ALSO, please when you ban someone, tell them what the IP was for the device at fault. In most cases, there are multiple duals and no one owns up to it. Only the MH can him/herself tell us who caused the ban to occur. If they dont, we are left clueless and the cheater will most definitely repeat it on the account he/she plays next. Causing another few people to lose their time and money due to his/her incompotence. Its extremely important to get this sorted, as i do understand that there are some specific laws which prevent MH's from revealing IP. Be that as it may, you need to get it sorted.

No tolerance policy towards FFs. Ive discussed this before here already, so will just quote it.

" Personal farms are indeed a game changer. As a regular on comx myself, this has been one of the key aspects which seperates high skilled players. Whether they have been friendly farming or not. TG has taken 1 step towards fixing that, by making sure you cannot reinforce people who are not a confed of yours. Preventing those main accounts from defending their multis/friendly farms(ff). But then agian if the alliance is not a meta or if the player simply makes an alliance of his/her own, he/she could simple be in confed with the embassy filled with those tech accounts, and counter TG's step.

The main issue as it stands is with the rules. So perhaps a no tolerance policy towards accounts which are simply garages or are meant to be farmed would help. Im sure MH's can sort through the reported accounts to determind which is being used be specific players to simply farm. Im guessing this would raise concerns as to which farm is considering a ff, and which is considered an ordinary farm. In order to determine that, MHs could simply check if they are in confed with the player in concern or not. If they are, and are being farmed and then deffed against other incomings, its an ff. If the acc is outside the confed, then let it remain as they are open to enemies to raid, and the account in question cant reinforce it. A constant in and out of confed would also result in foul play and a ban. Hope it makes sense.

Another way would be to set a low limit to how much can be raided from a player in confed. Forcing players to have their tech accounts outside of confeds, and hence opening them up to the rest of the server to farm or 0, as they cannot be defended. "

Broken Def Point System. I had created a thread about this before. SO will link that here. The Broken Def-Point System

There are a bunch of other gameplay aspects I'm probably forgetting, but these points are my main concern. I'm sure the other wonderful people will fill you in with the rest of it. My wrists are also starting to hurt, so i'll stop.

F's in the chat Schmitz' Katze

Firstly, thanks for the vote of support bhai.

For the question addressed to me: I personally havent found it "unaccessible" but the shutting down of our domain '.in' certainly hasnt helped. The merge to .au didnt go quite to plan as most indians from regular servers shifted to other english lang based servers, or simply quit. Im not going to pretend to know what kind of marketing would help travian grow again, but the simplest way to look at things would be to see how newer players interact with the game. With such a steep learning curve and the pay to win aspect, its extremely hard for a newbie, with little to no gold, to actually survive the initial stage. Perhaps gold could be used as an incentive (like most mobile games have gems or such being awarded). So if you complete a daily task or an overall achievement (for example killing 1k troops) you get a little gold to aid you. To people buying 1600 packages every 2 weeks, these rewards will be pennies, but to the average non golder, it would do wonders. If the game is more playable to new players and non golders, we will eventually see the 'irrelevance' of the game fade away. As it stands, new players never stick as they dont find it appealing enough to spend hours and hours to eventually end up getting owned by high skilled golders, with the older players growing tired of the stale game and retiring too. It is what has caused the downfall in numbers imo. As for the buying gold aspect. Indians do have a slight advantage but it is not known to most. The purchasing of mol points, and gold through those mol points, results in a comparetively lower cost for 1600 packages. So that might be something you would like to try :P

For the question addressed to all of us - Personal farms are indeed a game changer. As a regular on comx myself, this has been one of the key aspects which seperates high skilled players. Whether they have been friendly farming or not. TG has taken 1 step towards fixing that, by making sure you cannot reinforce people who are not a confed of yours. Preventing those main accounts from defending their multis/friendly farms(ff). But then agian if the alliance is not a meta or if the player simply makes an alliance of his/her own, he/she could simple be in confed with the embassy filled with those tech accounts, and counter TG's step.

The main issue as it stands is with the rules. So perhaps a no tolerance policy towards accounts which are simply garages or are meant to be farmed would help. Im sure MH's can sort through the reported accounts to determind which is being used be specific players to simply farm. Im guessing this would raise concerns as to which farm is considering a ff, and which is considered an ordinary farm. In order to determine that, MHs could simply check if they are in confed with the player in concern or not. If they are, and are being farmed and then deffed against other incomings, its an ff. If the acc is outside the confed, then let it remain as they are open to enemies to raid, and the account in question cant reinforce it. A constant in and out of confed would also result in foul play and a ban. Hope it makes sense.

Another way would be to set a low limit to how much can be raided from a player in confed. Forcing players to have their tech accounts outside of confeds, and hence opening them up to the rest of the server to farm or 0, as they cannot be defended.

PS. Anyone who addresses me, beware of a wall of text. ^_^