Posts by Kadonnut

Tech accounts are indeed a hot topic within both playerbase and the developers. There used to be a rule about accounts needing to be played for their own benefit but it got removed due to difficulties in determining account's own benefit in different scenarios.

In early July, developers and ambassadors held a workshop, which is summarized here. As the summary suggests, new in-game rules and surveillance tools will be implemented to tackle the private farms.

However, these upcoming implementations will not be effective for village sharing, the action you are referring to. This issue might be discussed in future ambassador workshops when these initial changes to private farms have been done. Currently, giving away villages to your alliance member is not denied by any existing rule. In some cases, it is also a viable tactic within alliance to get rid of poorly located starters to benefit a surrounding account, for instance; this makes the issue more difficult to handle from developers' point of view.

Hello,

Having more than one account per player in a game world is not permitted and is certainly punishable. In case you encounter suspicious accounts, you can report them through their in-game profile. However, if the rule enforcement team cannot find signs of breaking the rules on the reported account(s), no action can be taken. Evidence outside the game (Discord messages, for instance) is not accepted due to risk of manipulation.

Regards

Kadonnut

Hello,

based on your description, I suppose you are playing on a Travian: Shadow Empires -server. On this and some previous annual special server types, conquering a village doesn't convert the village tribe to match your account tribe like in traditional Travian: Legends gameworlds. Instead, you get to keep the tribe of the conquered village.

You can read more about the features of Shadow Empires here.

Nickname: Kadonnut

Position: Super Moderator (Nordics/Anglosphere/COM)

Country of living: Finland

Part of the team since: September 2020 (COM) - 2012 or so on Finnish domain

Hello,

I'm not a new face in the team overall but might not be familiar within COM playerbase. In addition to forum moderation, I have previously worked on in-game support - nowadays I'm "employed" on the forum only. I got introduced to Travian in 2007 by my classmates and here I am now, too many years later. =O

See you in the threads!

Sounds like a game bug to me. I have also heard similar cases from other domains. I would suggest you to report the issue by contacting support and sharing some screenshots, so the team can investigate it further.

Kadonnut means 'disappeared' or 'lost' in Finnish. I first started using it as an away-nick in IRC but eventually I quit changing nicknames there. This happened around 2010-2011 I guess. I'm using the same nickname on pretty much every online platform I am on, and in case the nick is already taken before me, I switch the o to 0 - it has been enough so far. Rarely I've used the German equivalent of the word, 'Verschwunden'.

A bit like building a brand of me around the nickname even though there's nothing 'brandworthy'.