Posts by Xlore

i would agree, only one server where i saw a lot of techs was SGR Vs Villians like 2 servers ago, a source of Multiple 1Mill + WWKs..

But com has been a relatively quiet non tech server.. No thanks to Duat and IKEA to drag that in this server

You are wrong if you think techs hasn't been used regularly on COM servers before. Might have been stealthier since TG didnt "officially legalize" techs until recently (and it seems like most com players try to call it other things or hide the usage), but I have played various servers here since around 2012-2013 and I have never been in a large alliance that hasn't used techs. I didn't start to think about using it myself until I realized its potential on a com3 back in like... 2015? and have seen techs on pretty much every large server on this domain since then.

Just because many of the players on this server hasn't done it personally or known what to look for before it was talked about more doesn't mean it hasn't been here since forever. The last year or two it has just been made clear that techs doesn't break the rules which has made a whole lot of more people use it.

Not saying that IKEA and Duat didn't help it expand even more this server, they probably did. But it is hardly like COM has been some sort of safe haven for tech free users the last 5 or 6 years either if you actually check the top accounts on the most competitive servers

Especially considering that the community has largely "devolved" to hunting for every possible exploit. I.e. as soon as the private farm announcement was made, I had someone contacting me to find out how they could continue private farming without risking bans. Some communities still strongly dislike techs and police themselves (.fr and .de), but that is certainly no longer the case for .com.

Yes. I would definitely prefer playing a game where no one had any techs at all, but as long as it is a part of the game I won't be the one to stay away from it and be at a disadvantage due to some kind of unwritten rules. If they don't clamp down hard on teching there will always be large amount of players that just instantly find a way around the changes (as with this new patch)

The private farm type of tech, or one that sends all the res to a single player has pretty much been dealt with with recent and soon to come changes.
    However, accounts have always been used to help someone get to village two faster or to garage troops. This is being looked at, but for now those will remain as "tech" accounts.

I think it will still be a long time until they can deal with techs efficiently. It will be really tough to be able to fairly detect and get rid of accounts that only feeds diet villas/garages troops/boosts at the start and so on without massive effort of the devs. So many different ways to tech that I can not see how they would be able to implement rules that covers it all without potentially screwing over a lot of regular accounts as well at this point

Bat Man has chosen the path of the light and concluded that Duat is indeed a clean alliance. Not a surprise for us actually playing in Duat, of course. But nice to get the recognition we deserve on the forums as well

I'm just amazed that you are fighting over who was in Russian market ally and how long but no one bothers to report the ally that sells resources. Is that the next legalization TG plans for us?

Many people have reported it to customer service and gotten the answer that the report is forwarded to the rule enforcement team. But what they do after that point isn't something anyone in here has any knowledge about

That makes sense and I only heard about our team Gow using the Russians, and even then I had no idea how the system works. Although our leaders say Duat use them to and that it’s a normal thing amongst teams now.

interesting how widespread it is and if your not wrong, it’s not even localised to any one country...

Hopefully tg can look in to this situation further and maybe make a new guide for those not in the know like me, so us old fashioned noobies and the newbies can learn more about it and keep up :)

Duat uses our own techs, not bought resources. We have made clear to our members that we would not accept anyone buying res, villages or whatever else anyone seems to be offering to sell people on this server. I don't know why all of sudden people are trying to claim we do it, but I guess it might have to do with it being evidence out there that proves that several players of other alliances in fact does do it. No names mentioned

Fixed spot for main building? Why? Don't try to hardcode limits on how we are able to build our own villages pls.

Also it feels very rushed to implement the new UI on already started servers. Doesn't make any sense to "remake" the game in the middle of a round to me. Why not change it as new servers start? I imagine this change will lead to a whole lot of new bugs (something we already seem to have plenty off). I fail to see what good this will do

You are taking a part of a terrible propaganda. You are not Loffe's dad, I am sure he doesn't need you to hold his hand. Let him speak for himself. Seems like mindless propaganda went too far and backfired. I am told that you are not even in the server. So, I will just quote this:

Besides, I didn't wanna go into this but I wrote to Loffe first to soothe the hostile environment. After he started to insult me by calling names on Skype - I just reminded him who he is talking to. Besides, I personally favor zeroing players who openly admits to teching, spiking, bad-mouthing his own alliance/leaders and not having any ethical standards whatsoever.

But I have seen the chat logs with my own eyes so I am not sure how it is propagande mateey. I do play here though, why would I be writing in the com1 forums otherwise? You seem to have very reliable "sources" my maybe not so well connected friend. I don't hold his hand, that would be a bad idea. I bet he would give me a rash or something. I just like to call out noobs that think they are hot stuff.

Like, just listen to yourself dude... "Reminded him who he is talking to" loool. Just like people writing IGMs saying one will regret doing this or that. They just never ever deliver. So many SGR people being loud when they are being pooped on in game.

And it is always just as fun seeing how people react when we question their skills, it just feeds more energy to keep it going ya know

Too obvious of a bait. I will give you C- for the effort though.

Bait? I don't need to bait. I know you are mediocre from how you react to Loffes messages. Easy to tell when poopy players feel threatened and starts with the "I could zero you at any time" kind of stuff

Ah, now this explains why V players were telling me that you are such an idiot and I shouldn't take you seriously. :sleeping:

Come on Obi you are better than this. We know your skills as a player is mediocre at best (it is Ok not everyone can escape the bulk of the bell curve) - at least show us something exciting in here. I have heard from S players that you really aren't the kind of guy to go off like this, I am terribly disappointed at you

Wasn't SGR supposed to be a good alliance? Seems a lot like every run of the mill collection of average/below average players you usually face every server, just that there is several hundred of them under the same name on com1

Why don't both sides just agree to play however they choose to play and not be hypocrites blaming the other side for something they themselves are doing as well? Ground breaking stuff, I know.

I am glad it is over. It has been exhausting spying on you. Sifting through all those chat logs almost made me go crazy.

Good round, good luck in the future!