Posts by Excel

The private farm type of tech, or one that sends all the res to a single player has pretty much been dealt with with recent and soon to come changes.
    However, accounts have always been used to help someone get to village two faster or to garage troops. This is being looked at, but for now those will remain as "tech" accounts.

I have no problems with tech accounts being used to reach village 2 faster or to garage troops. I do have problems with private farms. Especially since they have to be confedded or in your alliance now. Any of my players that try that will be told not to let the door hit them on the rear. Good raiders do not need private farms.
    As far as garaging goes, if 3 or 4 players in an alliance want to brag about the biggest hammer, I am fine with that. They can only knock a WW down once. Whereas if they were all hammers, they could knock it down 3 or 4 times. (if they are good enough)
    Many artifacts and hammer villages and capitals are protected with standing defense. Much of which could be considered garaging help.
    I guess I'm trying to say that this is a complicated issue and there are many viewpoints on it. Travian is starting to make large strides in dealing with cheats. The new punishment system for dealing with multi-accounting/sharing of passwords, for instance. They have made some changes to identify and to stop people from using outside programs inappropriately. And more changes have been announced even if you have not seen them yet. The new system for dealing with punishments has made it far more fair. Bots and scripts are recognized far more often now than in the past. Etc.
    Most of the players that I have read complaining about techs, are either obviously not yet good players, or they are directed against things like private farms that most all veteran players dislike.

COUNTER ATTACK
    First point.
    How bad are your players that they cannot land at specific times, or within a second or two? That is a very basic Travian skill. I would suggest you go defense until you master it.
    Second point.
    Sharing passwords is true multi-accounting. And anyone that does it deserves whatever punishment Travian metes out to them. Reputable leaders would not do it, nor allow it in their alliance.

I find myself in the unusual position of wanting to defend TravianGMBH for their efforts on the recent subject.
    If you go find and read the recent posts on the changes coming, you will find that they ARE preparing some changes to address "private farms". And until that happens, what do you folks think an appropriate punishment is? Sure, some of you like perma bans, but until they implement the discussed rule changes, I happen to think that taking all their res away and reducing their size by 1/3 is very much in line with previous punishments for the more egregious rule breaking such as true multi-accounting. And, not incidentally, takes away all the advantages the rule breakers got. I've just skirted or even passed the line on "discussing bans" so this is the last post on the subject that I will make.

Once upon a time, on a server far far away, after T3.6 was introduced, it went thusly:
    Up your fields the first day to get between 1,000 and 1300 resources per hour. By the end of day 2, have 120 CP per day. Keep growing the CP till it hits about 140 to 145, make your settlers, settle. Two fairly standard modifications. 1) buy a glad helm. 2) make troops and raid.
    Good players settled on day 7 or 8. A very occasional player settled on day 6. Usually someone with a glad helm.
    Most of the complaints from those days were about players spending gold to buy a helm. And from raiders that wasted their res on troops to the point they could not settle as fast as others.
    Fade to today.
    significant changes:
    Oases do not regenerate animals for the first 120 hours.
    Heroes regain their health when leveling.
    Heroes hold the task rewards.
    These changes significantly tilt the field towards early raiding.
    Let us say that there is an account that has 3 players. If all 3 make an account with the intention of joining the main account fairly early, here is how it works. On day 2 the main account needs enough troops to carry 4K resources. All 3 heroes open oases for the main account to empty. All the points go to hero strength when they level. The main account throws their first party at the end of day2/beginning of day 3. They throw a second party at the end of day 3/beginning of day 4. If they have managed to build settlers during this, they are a great boost in raiding as settlers carry 3K res. My rough estimate is that if you can raid 150K or a bit more, that will allow you to send settlers sometime during the 5th day.
    Of course, you have to be good at the same things the better players were back when T3.6 was a thing.
    Here is where the tech complaints come in. If you don't quite get to the point of settling by the end of day 5(120 hours after server start), those two accounts can feed the main account quite a bit (for that point in the game) of resources.

Crannies are the most efficient CP producers in terms of resource cost. And they have the added benefit of protecting your resources once BP runs out. So, for the average player, that means you can settle faster building the crannies. If you have so many resources that CP is your limiting factor (i.e. heavy raiding, tech accounts) it can make sense to build for parties instead.

I think there is another point being missed here. This has been about how a single account is sometimes a lot better than other accounts.
    Either because of duals or because of tech accounts. But this is not a game about how good any single account happens to be. It is a TEAM game that is about how well a team can do in winning a server. I have seen time and again where the "best" accounts on a server are irrelevant to this. And where small, low or even no gold players are on a team that uses what they are to help win that server. As an example: fnx mentioned above where they and a single dual made an 890K wheat count WWK. Even if they managed to do that without soaking up the res of more players to build or store that massive hammer (and well done, btw), a smaller, less active account that made 2 300K WWKs can have more impact on a server. Sure, they can only zero around a level 70 WW on most servers instead of level 95 or higher by the larger WWK, but they can hit two of them. Just a single example and those would both be considered top accounts on most servers. Another example featuring a smaller account: Say you have a player that barely uses enough gold to keep the bonuses and plus enabled with a 9C cap. They make 400K defense by end game. They probably never get noticed outside their team, but those D troops can come in mighty handy...

There has to be some room for skills and game knowledge in the game.
    Let me start by expressing my admiration for your attempt to do a raid start with EIs instead of the standard troop Romans would use for it. (legos)
    If you have no tech accounts helping you, that would be extremely difficult to match the settling time of the average veteran.
    By my admittedly rough estimates, that would put you at least a day behind what with having to cover the cost of the troops, buildings and research. And the lost potential CP and resources that you are dealing with due to using your res for that instead of fields and buildings.
    Even using legos, a Roman raid start is harder than a teut or Gaul raid start.
    I do wonder about your unwillingness to continue. So you are a couple of days behind. You are obviously an aggressive player. Why wouldn't you consider staying and trying to steal a decent 15C for a cap?
    At a certain point, you have to adjust to the game. Not ask for the game to adjust to your preferred play style.

Oases no longer respawn during the period where everyone is under beginner's protection. (5 days after server start on a 1X server)
    After that, they seem to me to respawn at the same old rate and for the same reasons. Example: in oases where my account is the only one raiding it, so long as I keep my raids under 5 troops, it takes longer for them to respawn and they don't respawn with as many or as strong animals.

Here is my last try at this one.
    Did you put your CURRENT account name and server in correctly?
    Account name Com x3?
    The smaller amounts you mentioned are not gold transfers. They are gold vouchers and get claimed at the gold buying page. And those DO expire.

There are many domains under dot com. Those countries that have their own domains such as the Netherlands (NL.com) cannot exchange gold with the main dot com for instance. And it has always been that you cannot transfer gold between domains. Also, the tournaments are considered to be their own domain as far as gold transfers go. I hope this clears up your confusion.

Most folks seem to think my nickname is derived from MS Office. Couldn't be further from the truth. When I was about 2, my first sentence was "not deer, moose". My favorite TV show was Captain Kangaroo. And my favorite part of that was the cartoon Rocky and Bullwinkle. In one of their shorts, Bullwinkle climbs a mountain and shouts "Excelsior", imitating the more usual shout of "Eureka". When Rocky asked why he shouted that silly word, the reply was that it was an advertising stunt. For excelsior, which is a type of packing material made in sawmills. I shortened that to Excel. (Bullwinkle is a moose. Rocky is a flying squirrel)