Posts by OrangeOwl228

Ketupa Flavipes - COM Codex Vicoria - TS15

My original answer :

People A, B and C are all intelligent and would answer if they were sure of their answer. BUT only if they were sure of their answer. They cannot say anything - including if they don't know - as that helps the others.
    The person who answers is person A.
    Person A sees two black hats.
    Person A thinks - If I had a white hat, what would person B do?
    If person B saw person A with a white hat and person C with a black hat he would think what C did in that situation.
    In that situation, person C would have answered. If C did not answer (A knows he cannot answer, because he knows B has a black hat), B would have answered knowing that C saw both a black (B himself) and white hat (A). So A, knowing B has not yet answered answers he has a black hat.

My less confusing answer after reading the hint :

There are only 5 hats (⚪ ⚪ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫), so the men had to choose out of 3 possible combinations:

1) ⚪ ⚪ ⚫

2) ⚪ ⚫ ⚫

3) ⚫ ⚫ ⚫

Scenario 1 : If you see ⚪ ⚪, then you will know immediately that you wear ⚫. Solution found!

Scenario 2 : If you see ⚪ ⚫, then in theory, you can wear either ⚪ or ⚫, but if the person ⚫ saw both you (⚪) and the person person you see (⚪) They would have guessed they are black, so because no-one has already guessed you must be ⚫.
    Scenario 3 : If you see ⚫⚫, then in theory, you can wear either ⚪ or ⚫, but if you were white Scenario 2 would have occurred already and one of the ⚫ would have won already. Therefore, you can assume you are ⚫ and win.

Good luck trying to check if all the answers to this thread are correct or not :D

Cheers,

Hamish