Posts by RomanYY

Suppose, said the victorious sage, that I have a white cap on me. How then should a sage behave who stands on my right hand? The sage standing on my right hand can make two assumptions:

Assumption 1 (standing on the right) - on me is a white cap

Assumption 2 (standing on the right) - I have a black cap on me

Suppose, said the victorious sage, that I have a white cap on me. How then should a sage behave who stands on my right hand? A sage standing on my right hand can express How should a sage standing on my right consider his two assumptions?

Considering his assumption 1, the sage standing on my right should conclude that our third sage should simply shout: "I have a black cap on me!" But he does not shout. So, the sage standing to my right should drop his guess 1.

Then the wise man standing to my right should think like this: "Our assumption 1 is wrong, then assumption 2 is true, as the negation of assumption 1, then I have a black cap on me !!!"

Thus, the sage, standing to my right, should shout: "I have a black cap on me !!!" But he does not shout. So, our assumption that I have a white cap is wrong. So I have a black cap on me!