Posts by KnowToFail

Over 10 years ago, when I still had that "you're only allowed 30min PC time per day" set by my parents, I used to play RuneScape with a few of my classmates. I was assigned some random generated nickname - I think it was magich700. After a while I could finnaly convince my parents to allow me to "spend money on these silly computer games". Bought a membership for the 1st time and was allowed a namechange. We were doing a Bandos raid and failed to refresh my prayer thing and died. "Man, you really know how to fail spectacularly". And my new nickname was born. Used it everywhere since then, so if you see it anywhere, its probably me :D

As for regarding my picutre - as a kid, we had 2 hamsters at home that were "the thing to have" after some week long school trip. Fell in love with these creatures since then <3

There will never be a guide for non-golders that would compete with golders, thats just the reality. Since if there was, there would be hardly and point in buying gold. The difference becomes when someones 15c capital is producing 150k ressourses/hr and non-golders 30k if they are good. And then with time, the difference grows biggers since there is more res to spend etc.

If you are a non-golder you just have to accept the fact that you will be behind in a "me vs top player" scenario. But non-golders still play a pretty important role in Travian. If there is 10 of them and if they play correctly, they can provide good defensive support or small skirmishing hammers.

And even non-golders can get a pretty hefty amount (no where near players that build 15c 150%, but enough to get yourself Gold CLUB and some 25% productions for some time) of gold during the server via auction house because of golders that like to spend relentlesy. You just have to play it smart.

Heyo people

So a few of us came together and made a Discord server where every Travian player is welcome. Right now, we are focusing on getting English speaking domains to join. Right now it has around 45 members, mainly from UK and some from US domain.

The idea is for everyone to come together, have some interesting disscussion and if any questions pop up, there is always at least 1 person online willing to answer it

Here is the join link: Discord

Feel free to join if you so wish

I think its fair.
    It increases on every 5th village you own. So I think its 6x1k when you have 1-5 villages, then 6x5k when you have 6-11 villages etc etc.
    Since the overall production of your account is going up, that would mean that you are essentially paying less for 400 hero exp, so they adjusted the costs. Its not something unbearable. And you have to know, you are INVESTING in the alliance bonus as well, its not like you are throwing away the resourses. If you have 6x20k = 120k to give to alliance bonus, you can do 40k with gold bonus of x3 and you get it as well.

Even if you arent willing to do that, you are still putting the resourses to the alliance AND getting the reward out of it. Its a win-win. (Plus, you are expected to give more to the alliance bonus as the time goes by, since the resourses needed to unluck even the 3rd stage are huge and if everyone would be putting 6k a day in, there is no way you would get to the 4th stage ever).

why discord? skype sucks?

Discord allows for a much better management and making things more organized in general, but for such a large amount of people Forum is better.

I can see discord being fine for ~100-250max with good moderation, but after that is becomes a total hassle...

basically what iRonik said. Much much easier management. Youll see lots of rooms, you can assign people roles so they have special "abilites" according to those etc.

We are slowly doing just that.

Yeah forum is go-to for everyone for sure. But for some really new players, without a forum account, its easier if they see a Discord link and join it, without registration and just ask questions there (especially since if you dont have a forum account and are from X country, then no-account users will get redirected to X countrys forum only etc).

We are working towards a way to repost all questions asked in Q&A section there to also be reposted here :D

So together with @ELE and @BlackBlade we are making an Unoffficial Travian Discord server. It includes every english speaking domain.

The main reason we are doing so, that it is simpler to ask questions in Q&A section and for other people to ask questions and others can contribute to the answers. We just started it today, so we are looking for people to slowly join and contribute. It can also be a place to disscuss domain-wide/server-wide discussions.
    Here is a join link: Discord
    Feel free it to share it with anyone you feel like would enjoy such a thing. The link should never expire.
    If you have any questions, feel free to join it and ask away :D

Beginner servers could just be players vs Natars. Players cant attack eachother, get an invite to "Humans" alliance early on, this way you could explain the benefits of an alliance.

Then like grey zone, they would start getting attacked by Natars. Not with the same hammer numbers or even catas early on, but just so they can get help against 300 inf attack on day 20 or something. Then you can give quests like "destroy a natar cropfield" or "defend against a natar raid" "lose 0 resourses on the next natar raid" etc.

This way there would be no benefit of an experienced player roflstomping beginers (since they cant attack em, only reinforsement), they could ask for defense in the alliance, get tips etc. I dont see any problems with this.

To add to this. Since we dont want new players wasting 200+ days on a begginer server, we should cut down the time it takes to finish a server. I dont think intruducing artefacts and building plans is a good idea. And making a WW to level 100 as a win condition as well.

Have the basic quests at the begging like we have now. Then after those it would come a separate quest list v2. It would become more interactive with Natars. Natars would start attacking/raiding and according to that you have to defend/attack.
    I.E.
    The Natars are attacking you with 10 inf troops - defend yourself! (Reward: revive all the dead troops)
    The Natars are sending a big raiding party! Prevent the lost troops by spending down or building a cranny or 2! (Reward: 10 scouts)
    Its time to go on the offensive. Use to scouts you got to spy on a Natar town to check for resourses and troops! (Rewards: 10 inf troops)
    Its empty, go and try to collect some resourses! ...
    Etc. etc. etc.

This could include some hammer building to take down the defenses of 1k troops etc.

After all this, im still not sure what would be the win condition. Maybe some points based system?

Beginner servers could just be players vs Natars. Players cant attack eachother, get an invite to "Humans" alliance early on, this way you could explain the benefits of an alliance.

Then like grey zone, they would start getting attacked by Natars. Not with the same hammer numbers or even catas early on, but just so they can get help against 300 inf attack on day 20 or something. Then you can give quests like "destroy a natar cropfield" or "defend against a natar raid" "lose 0 resourses on the next natar raid" etc.

This way there would be no benefit of an experienced player roflstomping beginers (since they cant attack em, only reinforsement), they could ask for defense in the alliance, get tips etc. I dont see any problems with this.

The way I find it the fastest is just from the mail URL. You can find the country you are playing in by the ".uk", ".si", ".de" etc. And the server by the 1st 3 letters in the url after https.

So if Im playing on this link:
    https://ts1.travian.co.uk/dorf1.php

means that I am playing on ts1 - travian server 1 and the .co.uk means im on the UK domain.
    There are probably easier ways, but this is the one that I find easiest.

EDIT: What the above said :)