Posts by Obi-Wan

TG has to be the one to step in and be the "mom" here. If it is truly a big issue to you, you should post ideas/solutions in the General Discussion section of the forums to help them out instead of bickering and arguing about who killed who.

Did much more than that already (e.g. sent my best friend BB to Munich who was too noob to convince TG (hug)). But hey, if even we cannot agree on things ourselves, it is unreasonable to expect TG to take any action.

You seem to think there is a competition for being the shiniest turd on this server and nobody (except for maybe a specific individual on our side) in VICES wants to compete in this competition. Your hypocrisy is my argument (its been my argument for many servers) and it seems yours is pointless justifications, finger pointing and excuses.

Well, James, it wouldnt hurt if people would try to be clean. It would help the playerbase tremendously. It is better to keep this issue hot (even if it is biased against the other side), rather than saying that "everybody does it, stop crying lol". I wish Vices would compete in being the shiniest turd like SGR (which they do btw, otherwise, there wouldn't be no back and forths on the forum), that at least encourages some others who read here to play just and fair. Newer players would know that it is not okay to cheat, even if many do. That is not helping to create a friendly environment. I do not care who started it really. I don't think it matters much. It is similar to spiking discussion. It doesnt matter who started but it need to stop for greater good. The only difference is that it seems more difficult to get people to confess to tech & multies, and even if they do, they wouldn't simply stop because it is not against the rules (which it is).

Also, mind you that pointing fingers goes to both ways. So, one could argue that it is hypocritical to argue that the other side is hypocritical :/ You simply seem to say that, there are no more ethical guidelines anymore so people should just shut up and play. I don't think it is helping. From our part, at least some of us do not condone some actions of SGR (at least mads and I did publicly several times), whether it is Wolf's techs or Cursed Titan issue. It would be a nice start to get into same page that techs and perma-garages are no different than multies anymore, especially that rules are changing and multies cannot be easily detected. None of the V players I have seen seem to think that usage of techs is a problem, neither do they seem to think that multies were ever used by Vices. Even the very experienced ones. It would be nice to at least agree on the principles but accept that this is happening in both teams, to a different degree.

Actually, they've decided to just allow everything, except multies. It's not implemented yet, but own benefit part of rule 1.1 is goind down the drain... And we all know how "good" TG are at finding multies. At least the own benefit part of rule 1.1 meant that those obvious multies, which the system wouldn't flag as multies, could be banned for not being played for own benefit. So techs are completely fine, while multies are still disallowed on paper, but it's harder to punish them.

Mads, except they implement the changes (i.e. announce the change, put them on the rulebook), there is no "allowing for techs" yet. In my understanding, the rule is stated vaguely on purpose to avoid accounts (in any form, either techs or multies) existing only to boost another account. If there will be a change, we will see. But more importantly, you are absolutely correct that TG are terrible at finding multies. Then the problem is that people who have multies can have a way out of the punishment. Who can say anymore that those accounts that are fishy but not flagged as multies are indeed not multies but just techs? This is exactly the concern I have. There will be a gateway to multi-ing (precisely because these suspicious accounts can be justified as techs - not multies - and it is fine), should techs are completely allowed.

obi wan : Thanks for the chill pill, I will go focus on game rather than play mud with your lonely souls.

The forum is fun. Be proud of your alliance's achievements, but try humility. No need to call people dumb, garbage etc. with all caps lock, especially people like Ice. It is only natural that people will come to forums, pointing out palpable suspicious stuff from the other side (some from their own too, it they are being objective). Accounts being created under BP is one of them, and fishy raiding is another. Note how many posts were created (or "crying" in your words) for HoneyBadger account by Vices complaining. This is normal.

Wrong :))))
    Not really sure where you got the information about this being true.

Also if you were such a saint and against the bloody cheaters, why are you a tech account yourself?
    https://ts1.travian.com/spieler.php?uid=826
    I supose this is your account, i mean if you're not a tech/help account why would you be allyless? Since you clearly belong to SGR.

I guess it is up to MH to decide what gets banned but it is only logical to me that the main account gets some punishment which they do in most scenarios. Have many examples of it.

Sorry to spoil your excitement, but it is my account and no, I am not a tech/helper. I guess you are experienced enough to know that there are reasons to leave the alliance temporarily. I will join back shortly.

They could get banned for multis?

Main account doesn't get banned which would have if it was multies. These are also experienced players - they would never blatantly have multies without vpn or whatever. The MH looks at the account and if there is enough evidence, these would get banned, even if they are registered from different IP etc. I guess there is no systematic way to detect this and if you are smart enough, you would never get caught but it is what it is.

The bottom line is, just because the rule is not strongly enforceable or perfectly implementable, doesnt mean that it is there. It is crystal clear to me from the wording of the rule is that you cannot have an account that ONLY to pushes resources/stores troops of another account - which tech accounts are, by definition.

Anyway, lets leave it here.

Since MHs are not allowed to share with you why accounts are banned i mean :P

You see 5 accounts with similar names and profiles that are settled conveniently around a large account. You report them and they get banned. It doesn't take an Einstein to infer what happened there.

Since it's not clear what the rule mean you can argue that all def accounts should get banned for deffing others then themself?
    I mean if you would play for your own accounts best benefit wouldnt you always defend yourself?

I thought we went through this multiple times already. I dont have anything to say if you cannot differentiate between helping alliance mate and existing in a server with SOLE purpose of boosting another account.

Don't you refer me to the meme rule of 1.1 i'm highly doubt a single player got banned for that pathetic writing of a rule.

I think 1.1 is written in clear English. Although it is not implemented, it is what it is.

Here i was thinking VICE were the underdogs & the bad ally, seems like i was wrong :/

I think VICE/Villains were never the underdogs.

it's not against the rules aslong as someone is playing them & it's a relaxing way of playing.

Lol. A fancy way to confess multies I suppose. And yeah, techs are against the rules.

No need to mud-sling. Vices cannot help if they have more cousins and spouses that conveniently want to start to play travian right before artefacts release in other quadrants. :*

All in all, great start from Vices. Especially the number of trainers. That being said, now the pressure is on them to keep their precious stuff well guarded. The rest of the server should be taking some action soon to even out the artefacts situations a bit :evil:

Well, I didnt mean it in a bad way. I know that you said it lightheartedly. Valt's comments should have been read in the same spirit.

Also, James, if you are referring to ts29, you don't know what happened in the other server. If you believe that our actions/what we do or toxicity made us have more enemies and brought them here, you should talk to Sarcy. We made so many friends and just had fun in that casual server. You cannot really blame fnx or anyone else for having obsessed 1-2 haters who got their bums kicked there.

A bit hard comparing what happened in NZ (or whatever attack in the world) to spiking. Mybe he's not him who need to chill.

To be fair, it was james who resembled spiking to terrorism first. Also it is not comparing the actions themselves but the idiocy behind the so called manifestation. Also, nice to see some Vices opinion on all this matter of spiking finally.

I would suggest people to just to stop taking him seriously. We all tried to reason, it doesnt work. Comparing botting to spiking to make this argument is itself a total nonsense. Nobody has ever defended botting so bringing up botting in so called motto is illogical. Why does it have to be spiking OR botting? If you want to voice your opinion, go manifest against both, lol. Also aerrowsathish has put it clearly - that raiding is a core mechanic in this game and trying to hinder that cannot possibly be helping travian.

It is actually ludicrous to argue that raiding is simming, fully knowing that spiking will lead to REAL simming, a.k.a. massive accounts with garages. Haven't seen such inconsistency in reasoning long time.

is spiking allowed? is garage allowed and to what exsten is it. is tech allow, like duals making another account to help out main.

just because you are weak, and dont know how to play against spiking, dont just cry on the forum, go and learn to play plz. Then next time we won't see so much crying on the forum and more action on the server.

None are allowed but we all know how slow TG is to enforce its own rules. I already said million times that we (at least I) do not condone any sort of abuse (from botting to techs).

Oh and please, we know how to play against any kind of retardation. Don't ever think that you are the first toxic guy this group has played against. And typical "crying" argument. Signature of the guy of "I have no other logical arguments".

Why would we bother when all you guys can do is make up stupid conspiracy theories about how the spikers are Lowland/Vices plants?

It is more of the other way around (being silent > conspiracies) but w/e. Now' I am truly done with this topic.

Let's see how the server plays out going forward.

nice try tho

I bet developers had no clue in the beginning that this would become a problem. You can see it looking at 5-6 years ago where spiking was not a commonplace as it is today. But people find it easy to take advantage of such unintended mechanics instead of playing it fair. It is similar to finding a bug in the game and trying to beat it by abusing it. You CAN make use of it, but you were not supposed to. Anyway, I am done on this topic.

Forgot,

an even more simple solution would just be to prevent reinforcing all inactive accounts + natars

Natars already cannot be reinforced. But yes, not reinforcing inactive accounts (for instance, no log in in 7 days) might be a solution.

better to spike than to bot.

Okay, I will give this a try only once. Better spike than to does not make it okay to spike. Why do you compare it to botting to start with? Botting is illegal, same with many other things including, mutli-accounting, garaging etc. None of these should have a place in this game. But the fact that these are done by some players cannot be used to make spiking okay. Any decent player knows how detrimental spiking to the playerbase. If spiking was more of a commonplace, I am sure that no serious player who feeds their troops by raiding would not have played this game. I hope you will see that comparing these two out of nowhere is a complete bs.

And as for the bullying part... What bullying are you talking about? . Spiking is not a legal strat, it is a game abusing mechanic that is overlooked by TG developers. That is why they are fixing this in some other servers and soon will be implemented (we hope) in these servers too. I have nothing else to say if you dont see that spiking turns travian into a farming simulator game as raiding is too dangerous. Sim all the fields, feeder villages, garages, multies + NPC to feed the troops... (When I think about it, it can be TG developers' idea to force people not to raid so that they need to spend more money to feed troops). Any way, all your arguments are void. In either case, you seem to be a troll so no point to argue any of these.

As for the other alliances in the server, funny that people keep liking this guy's posts or not saying anything to criticize - those who are typically the first to jump here to write a wall of text when they find it necessary. I guess, one does not care as long as it does not directly affect them. Or be content with it since it is impacting the enemy. Fair enough.

--------from a hardcore player who skipped tons of sleeps and experienced tons of insults for this game from family :P:P:P

I feel you. I experienced those insults when my ex-gf found out why I bought a tablet and started to have extended/frequent bathroom breaks. It was indeed fun before introduction of farmlists. Wake up at 4am, just to send raids from the reports. (dream)

hmm... some people who're waiting for a new server to start? Yep, that'd be eatie and his Slayers co if i recall correctly from our chats. Nice new forum account you created btw.

I dont think this is eatie fnx. This one does not make punctuation mistakes at the end of the sentences (no space between the end of the sentence and the dot). Also seems to be coherent in his arguments.

#Sherlock

spikers is good for the game. Travian is a war game, not a game where you just hit a button every 10 min. Spikers helps doing that, if you just want to sim you know what game to play.

Exactly! Travian is a war game and you should instead have massive garages so that the troops wont even leave the villages at all due to spiking of farms. If you want to sim you know wh... oh wait...