Posts by Apocalypse

The blacksmith once again looked at the parchment a visitor had just given him.
There was nothing particularly unusual about this order – to decorate armor and a weapon with an emblem... ⚔️ #ShadowEmpires

Curious to know more? ➡️ Follow the story!⬅️

how do you do it with Opera?

If you play whit low gold gauls are faster in the begining.

If you play whit lots of gold of course egipcians are bether but as i understand the question is about if it is whots to play gauls. Ppl whit low gold yes...ppl whit more gold egipcians.

I think i never spend so mutch gold in a defensive acount like now whit egipcians.

So yes,egipcians have a more slow and ecpensive start then gauls for shore

How can that be? Egyptian hero bonus gives you more res, so you have better economy at start when resources are sparce, and more chances of settling a cropper faster. Of course if you go for a 15c with waterworks wou will need more gold...

But like I said before, a 9C with waterworks will need much less gold for NPC and still make good crop production.

Already answered with a no. This ascended now so we can make sacrifices to the gods to negate TG getting lost in the drowning depths of the world wide web.

Disagree, they are shittier than egyptian Off.

Run some sims. Huns merc+marks combo makes almost the same deff/time than phalanx+druid.

I can give you my example in Finals: I'm an egyptian anvil with the 4th best res production of the whole alliance with no raiding whatsoever. Waterworks in cropper and feeders is a huge boost and should be nerfed if new tribes are ever introduced into Legends servers.

So I'm training my anvil and garaging troops that others gaul anvils just can't feed anymore. Ash Wardens are pricier than phalanx, but egyptians have more resources available.

And I'm not even taking into account the res hero bonus.

Lemme just say that why would you build a TT or EI ghost when the Steppe Rider is faster, cheaper and stronger (faster than the EI, stronger than the TT). And if you want to get a little bit crazy try a marauder ghost. 180 attack for a 14 speed which increases to 17 with the Hun hero bonus. If anything the only truly obsolete feature of the Gauls is the TT ghost hammer. As far as defense, yes the phalanx has a lower def/time than both the slave militia and the Hun mercenary but its def/crop consumption makes it viable. In the end the only reason to play Gauls is for the Druids due to their quick response time to def calls.

Unless, of course, you actually play this game to enjoy yourself and you don't really care about OP units etc and you just enjoy playing Gauls. Then you can do whatever the hell you want and have fun playing whichever tribe you want ;).
    After all there are people out there making Egyptian hammers <X.
    And yes I am a Hun Fanboy

You tell them Mush ;)

Except crop will be an issue if he doesn't spend gold - much slower development, and if he goes for a non-crop as cap. Unless of course it's the 5x speed server. Then I agree, res is never an issue there, no matter what account you have.

But if you don't utilize the waterworks, gauls phalanx and druids are better than ash and anhurs, since gauls give more def/time, which egyptians can only outweight if they have the extra res to produce from more villages - ash are way more expensive def/res. Slave militia only works if you have the res for them, or if you know they will be dying quickly so they won't eat all your crop (given he likes to move it to the boonies, I doubt the turnaround on his slave militia would be great). And if he likes to do some raiding besides, Egyptians are horrible for that.

But, if this is for the 5x, then I agree with above, Egyptians is probably the best choice, except for the raiding.

If you don't use waterworks, then no point on playing Egyptians. As I posted before, a 9C 150% with waterworks makes more crop than a regular 15C 100%. So, much less need to spend gold in crop NPC. Of course a 15C with waterworks will demand a lot of gold usage, but hey, go for a 9C instead and still outperform a 15C 100%. Don't forget that you can build waterworks in all villages too, which is a great boost to economy. So if you are not raiding, you will have more res available.

I have to agree that Egyptians lack in raiding, you can raid some inactives with Anhur, they have decent speed, but are not a good raiding unit.

some people seem to forget that a 9C 150% cropper with waterworks makes more crop than a 15C 100%. That is a huge plus for people playing low gold. Biggest weaknesses IMO with Egyptians are lack of cavalry defense and raiding units.

Gauls are obsolete with the introduction of new tribes, except if you want to anvil and also make a ghost.

Egytians have better economy, Ash Wardens are fine and Anhur Guards are almost as good as Druids.

You can say nothing beats the spamminess of Phalanx, but Slave Militia build even faster and Egytians don't have crop issues.

Huns have far better cavalry that Gauls, A steppe costs 875 res and has 120 attack points, while a TT costs 1090 for 90 attack points.

In Legends they are the best defensive tribe, for sure.

Anyone who would use the wave builder is already going to use plus. Unless you want them to increase the cost of plus, that is always an option.

not necessarily true, in some game worlds a lot of players play Roman off because of low gold. Most of them don't touch PLUS the entire server, only gold club. So it would make sense to include wave builder feature in gold club for the entire server duration, or as a separate feature alltogether.

I've played 10 years on and off. Gold was a feature on the first server I did in 2009 or thereabouts. Here is one of my early accounts, probably the first one I used gold on before that I played a few servers without gold. I deleted because my alliance were not really in with a chance of competing for a WW & I'd lost some villages because their defence was not very organised. https://www.gettertools.com/s2…o.uk.2/Player/2716-Muddle

I think you'll find TG have analysed how they make their money and understand how they make their income. Also packages on servers aimed at countrys where income is low are correspondingly cheaper & there is a tendency for players from lower salary countrys to dual as a lower gold user with another player who buys most if not all of the gold. If TG kills their income stream then that will be their own fault but I'm sure they think this change will not have a -ve effect. One thing is guaranteed there will be a rash of complaints about changes, whatever they are.

Your understanding of economics leaves a lot to be desired. It is possible to run a business selling premium products to higher wealth individuals or enterprises, how do you think Bond Fund managers or Airplane manufacturers make their money?

Are you comparing the population from Travian to higher wealth individuals?

Have you ever played brasilian or latin american servers?

Do you even know how much 50 gold costs in their currency and current exchange rate?

Whatever rocks your boat.

Just say yes by default to everything TG forces at you and do not question anything about it.

There is a big difference in analysing things from your individual perspective ( amount of gold you as an individual and player can and will afford and so find fair) than from a global perspective.

Enough said.

You completely missed the point here. Also, you must be kind of new to this game. Back in the day, Travian was free you know.

Judging by your comments, one either spends gold or doesn't play Travian.

I have one question for you: if you lived in a country where a 1600 gold package costs 1/4 of your minimum wage, what would your priorities be?

I'm not saying this is my case, but it is the case in some game worlds.

I find it funny people complain about Travian becoming a pay to win game, but posts like these give me the answer. Like graculus said. Stop playing and leave it to all gold whores to dominate Travian servers. Now, every basic economy teacher will teach you it is better to have a cheap product in a big market than an expensive product in a small market. Travian server numbers are smaller every year and what TG do? Increase gold demand. The difference between gold users and little to no gold users in features will become bigger and that may lead to even more players becoming frustrated and leaving the game.

The issue here is not simply the 50 gold cost.

Thanks for making my hard decision for me, but now I got no reason to stay in the game, being a hardcore old player have fewer and fewer benefits today as the casuals are slowly getting all those tools etc we've learned over the years for "free"

People making jokes about travian being pay to win is legit getting more and more true.

I sincerely hope that there's plans for servers without these features for the hardcore players as otherwise I foresee you loosing quite a bit of the hardcore players why would we stick here when the only advantage we have now is money.

Well said.

with the new tribes both having decent defensive horses, the gauls lost what really characterized them and made them worth choosing. trapper was never good, but having a weaker tribe-specific building could be accepted in a trade-off with the fast decent defensive only they could make.
    brewery lvl20 and waterworks are overpowered.

either nerf something, or buff something, one thing is sure: there is a need for balancing.

Indeed. Once new tribes are introduced to Legends servers, Gauls become obsolete:

- Want fast defense? Egyptians have Anhur Guard and much better economy with waterworks

- Want fast cavalry? TT costs 1090 vs 875 for steppes for less attack. They are faster, but speed isn't everything. Even marksmen have better stats than TT.

Ghosts? EI or steppes.

So what do gauls offer? phalanx? slave militia spam defense faster and open very cheesy strategies. Anhur guards are very similar to druids, so dedicated defenders can opt for Egyptians and take adavantage of the OP waterworks. Walls are better too.

Offensively Gauls already sucked and with Huns, there's another alternative other than teuts or romans.

I really don't see the point in playing Gauls anymore.

Traps are rubbish. In beggining of server they may be used as a deterrent, but in middle and end game, what's the use?

Traps are useless against any kind of (even mini) hammer.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg