Posts by asterix.ns

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds

P. S. The construction queue (plus feature, playing Gaul) keeps on hanging on "0:00" if i switch the tabs in my browser. When i switch back the queue is persistent with two hanging build jobs, exit is only possible if i click to build another building or field...

Bug report illustrated, played on mobile and tablet...

IMG-20190709-114214.png

Suggestion: Divide the city/fields button in 1/2, so it can be used instantly for view switch - this would solve the previous described problem after using the map...

P. S. The construction queue (plus feature, playing Gaul) keeps on hanging on "0:00" if i switch the tabs in my browser. When i switch back the queue is persistent with two hanging build jobs, exit is only possible if i click to build another building or field...

Nice solution for daily quests.

The notification buttons on IGM and reports should be bigger or included in the main button, likewise the 3 hero buttons.

Upper menu-bar is quite practical, and the starter quest box had a simple but effective improvement.

The building icons look nice in 3D outfit, but are much different then the previous one.

The key is not about money, hero system or making the game playable for more different skilled players - TG introduced since v4.x a online gambling system through the auctions, as vital part od the game.

Most similar games have something like Travian Plus or the Gold club, but bying game currency to get some ingame advantages by placing bids on virtual auctions against other players, that is a pretty unique idea for online strategy games, where "the house always wins" gambling strategy has a good mask to avoid rules applying to online gambling.

IMHO, that is the main difference to the awarded old Travian versions, and certainly the reason for nostalgic complains against the new versions - playing Travian and other online strategy games since 2005., and definitely one of the "old grumpy players" mentioned earlier in this thread...

1. Travian (v2.x) was ranked at second place in the medium games category of Gamesdynamite's Superbrowsergame Award in 2005, and was chosen as the Most Innovative Browser Game of 2005 by Coole Browsergames.

2. In 2006, Travian (v3.6) won the Superbrowsergame Award, in the large games category, and was chosen as the Browser Game of the Year 2006 by Coole Browsergames.

3. Travian (probably the the old versions, it was before v4.x introduction) was chosen as the Browser Game of the Year 2011 in the classic games category by GforGaming's jury.

* () comments not belong in quote, but are usefull to explain the quoted text about (all) Travian awards, and which versions were awarded...

There is much space for improvments but TG always show so much greed for money, even while developing a new Travian-like space opera (Imperion during 2010-2012) they charged money for gold in the bug-filled Beta test versions (Closed and Open Beta) - spent two and a half years trying to give my best as test player, but the last half year i was making a guide (with screenshots) how to use all the unsolved bugs to get as single player in the top 50-100 in all categories (except endgame), w/o using any gold...