Posts by Gemma

it would be great, actually would have to think what you do and what would hurt; not just steamroll and compensate with gold. trading would also be a thing.

So like, actually playing a strategy game and using said strategy game's mechanics! Imagine! Poggers XD

In some regards no there would be no overlap. However once you start looking at it from a multi-lingual perspective there would be overlap in needing the same translators reworking text. There is something like 50 languages supported by the game so any change in text on one version creates a lot of additional work.

That said I do see it as something worth while to do over time :)

Yeah, that goes without saying. But gender works differently in many languages, I would predict less changes to be needed in Spanish for example.

There are a lot of wording issues and real mistakes in travian answers. I would be seriously upset if they spend time on gendering heroes before they fix them.

That's fair, although I presume there would be different levels of red tape and access to go through to modify travian answers as opposed to certain in-game text, so I'm not sure the two are actually competing from a resource standpoint.

What was your hero fighting strength? Not HP. I can't really help you without that.

All good, I realized where I was calculating it wrong. The range would be 7-67% so nothing outside the expected range after all.

The damage your hero takes on adventure depends on how much fighting strength it has. If you don't put any points in attack, and don't have any/much equipment for the hero, a hard adventure can easily kill the hero on the 10th adventure.

So where am I going wrong with my calculation? Because if the 10th adventure when normal can have 5-45 defense then your hero shouldn't be able to take more than 23% damage, and if you multiply that by 2 for a hard adventure then it still shouldn't exceed 46%.

I am not really sure if this is a bug or not, but I thought I should post it here just in case.

I just sent my hero on the 10th adventure. It was a hard adventure. It's my understanding that hero damage should vary from around 5 to 35% damage early in the game, yet this adventure did at least 52. Who knows how much more damage it would have dealt, if I had had more than 52 hp. Furthermore, it is my understanding that if your hero dies on an adventure, you still gain the experience but you do not gain the reward. In this case, I gained no experience.

I assume that my knowledge of game mechanics is lacking and the 52% with no experience is within possible results, but it seems insane enough to warrant me posting here just to double check. I think the most experience I've ever lost on any adventure is 32%, and that was much later in the game, not on the third day of the server.

Most of the text in the game uses the masculine gender for heroes, players, etc.

I think it should be changed to either a neutral pronoun "they" or be changed to reflect the player in question. For example, I just sent my hero on an adventure, and my hero is female, yet the game text says "the hero is on his way", which is rather silly. There are not only males who play this game, and not all the characters will be male.

As much as i like the idea of having a server of that kind, i belive it would be rather dull and slow,since if you want to have tons of army-you need good croopers, and if you want to do it fast you need gold, imagine how much time it would need for you to max your amry in a 15c cropper without gold :(

If the only reason you play Travian is to amass thousands upon thousands of units, then yes it is understandable that a gold-less server would be less interesting to you. The relative speed of the game server wouldn't change, however, only the quantity of units would change. Isn't there a saying you boys love, for this? It's not size that matters, it's how you use it.

I think that would be kind of silly. I always use the ad-reduced build time, but I've never once watched an ad. All my travian tabs are perma muted, and I just tab out and do something else while the ad plays itself.

Anyway, I would play exclusively on non-gold servers if they introduced them ever. Heck, the irony is that I would probably even pay to fund them, and I have never paid for gold nor will I ever pay for gold. Gold just completely ruins the competitive balance of the game imo.

The developers should take a page from other Free to Play games and monetize parts of the game that don't impact gameplay, instead of parts that do. Hero skins, item skins, race skins, trophies, all sorts of things.