1. Good english,and eloquent MMs go a long way.
2. For gods sake don't spam MMs.
3. Make a distinct hierarchy 'off players' 'def players' 'off generals' 'def generals' etc etc people need to know their place.
4. Be firm,but not too tough on Players.
5. Don't trust new players,even some of your buddies from previous servers can turn on you in a higher stakes server,be prepared for that.
6. Grab a knife and carve all emotions out of yourself (it's a figurative knife don't kill yourself) 'Please let me join,i'll grooww pleaaaase' NO!
7. You set the rules and you should be the first one to follow them,if you don't accept under 100 pop players,YOU DON'T!
8. Don't talk to the enemy unless they show respect,if they don't show respect silence is always the best answer.
9. Don't get provoked by some pimpled nerd 1000km away ,don't be liable.
10. Attacks on your players shouldn't be allowed,in most cases best course of action is to talk to teh leadership of that alliance from where that player is,if they're dumb, retaliate,just to show who rules 100x100. of course don't go to a full blown war just because 1 dude attacked one of your players,just... retaliate.
11. i just realised i don't have time for this,you can't teach a fish to fly so much as you can't teach a guy to be a leader you're either born with that or you're not.