Posts by Veritasbrow

Hello Undaunted :thumbup:

I will try and explain why i would want to build EC :rom06: instead of EI :rom05: , not being a roman expect ;)

When building offensive you always want to try and reach the maximum amount of damage the hammer, term for big offensive armies, can reach. Thats why you should see people spending lots of gold on helmets, items for heroes and golding a lot on their account - And most important making sure barracks/stable/ workshop is going every minute of the day level 20 in all three. At some point in the game you will realize that the only slowing you down is the time - The time you can spend on the game and the time you have to wait to produce units.

So sometimes people like to build the EI :rom05: if theyre really into mircofarming the map - Mircofarming is when you make farmlists for serveral villages one list for infantry and then horses pr. village (Maybe 2-4) and then they spam every 5min-15min-30min they send all lists. In this situation some players value the EI :rom05: over the slower horse as the EC, and they might have a case for it :rom06: . This might be a bit too soon to talk about ghosting hammers(the oasis special - Tiger, N1 round 2.) and clearing arts with horses, so I wont talk about that. 8|

The longer you build the unit with less damage the less potential your hammer has in the future. Thats why these players who build EI often times have serveral hammers with the :rom06::rom03::rom08::rom07: combo to make sure they can deal damage and not just raid(which to be fair is kind of useless if thats all one account do). So if you want to play tigther and really do yourself a favour - Make EC :rom06::thumbup:

And the debate about EC in deff? I think this is stupid debate - These guys clearly havent heard of the danish Axe :teu03: and :teu05: paladin cleaner. Clearly the best hammer in the game right now.

Imagine winning the world championship and someone from the low confed, in the 2k player/tech group argues that the EC :rom06: deff is a good choice - Whats your counterargument 14wayss, the other dude have won a server:D

I think what Semir and TheOneBelowall are you trying tell are that if the units didnt die, it could be heavily abused by a bit more veteran travian players

In regards to your hero dying, you can always make him change village before the hit comes and he stays alive. Also there are a few tips to avoid getting chiefed/ or atleast make it tougher for the attacker or even less interressting.

The abuse part is if I could chief my own village/get a friend of mine to chief it for me and the units then stayed in that village - I would then do it constantly.

The reason being i could now optimize the amount of units i make, 5x-7x times better than before, which would make it quite unfair for the remaining players of the server. So instead of me having a bunch of medium hammers i now alreadly have a WW-hammer/massive operation hammer. Now in regards to the money part, without being certain i would assume since Travian players who spend a lot of gold, would have a good advantage over players playing with a low-budget, since it really makes it easier to run a account/ stronger. Always worth to remember skill/teamwork comes before money.

So i can see the logic behind the idea of making the units dissapear. It happens to even the best and its never a good feeling, and sometimes its impossible to avoid.

If you would like tips to avoid getting chiefed i would be happy to share some advice :) Else have a good evening

Hey Fire!

Its hard to answer your question because it doensnt clearly say how much time you want to spend on Travian, do you play to win or to have fun, how much gold pr. month. From what i can understand you seem fairly new, atleast as an offensive player.

The current farmlists are very easy to use and you can setup from 2-3 villages, it takes a couple of hours 1-2 days and then youre set up for a good period with nice free income, so you dont have to overdo it and burnout yourself, it is still recommended.

In regards to your race and if we are only thinking early game, the teuton race is really effective with hero and clubs, but as said before its risky if the enemy counters your clubs(sends horses back when your troops return). Gual would be easier because you can always build the trapper.

So spend 1 day making a farmlists, send it as often as you want. Play the tribe you prefer playing, usaully whats best for raiding are what you find the funniest/most worth spending time on because then you send more raids. Gl :)