Posts by Starshockwave

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

I would like to change the Gaul trapper, and by doing that I would like to eliminate the building. Travian can then create what I would call the "sapper den", and it would be accessible via the rally point. This function would only be available in a players capital, and from there the players race would decide what they can arm their sapper den with. For example Huns are not defensive, so that race should probably get something useless lol no offense to the Hun players out there! A more defensive tribe like the Gaul players that might feel ripped off because I eliminated their trapper... That race would be able to arm their sapper den with something that is overpowered compared to what the Huns get. This function would change the game, and if Travian wanted to they could incorporate an artifact that allows for a WW holder to have a sapper den at the WW. This could allow for more intelligence in scouting reports, and it balances the game due to the fact that only one race can currently build the Trapper. The trapper is good early in the game for Gauls, but it eventually becomes quite useless. Where as a sapper den in the rally point would stay useful during the entire game depending on your tribe. The sapper den if armed could cause collateral damage to their own troops which could even be race restricted, and that would make it's addition to the game interesting. What I mean by that is Gaul for example (a race good for beginners) should have a 0% chance of the sapper den hurting their own troops, but Teuton/Hun could find that their sapper dens have 15%/25% chances maybe even 50% chance of the sapper den hurting their own troops. To clarify the sapper den would always damage enemy troops, but certain races could have a chance of it also damaging their own defenders during the fight.

Cheers,

Banksy

Valentine's day ride.

The fearless Haeduan takes a long ride, for his Roman heroine sometimes likes to hide.

She does it for fun, and she knows that the Haeduan's head gets spun!

The Haeduan will ride all night just to find his favorite delight.

She leaves him clues, so that her fearless rider doesn't get the blues.

The Haeduan riders at incredible speeds, for he seeks his treasure it's the only thing he needs.

She sees him draw near, so she grabs him a beer!

The Haeduan hits his mark which is always his heroine's favorite part.

She knows that the Haeduan chases her heart, and fearlessly he will doing anything to not be apart.

The world of Travian can be a dangerous place, but the Haeduan rider will do anything to see his heroine's face!

Cheers,

Banksy

Nickname: Star Shockwave

Gameworld: NYS Com x5

I play DOTA 2 not League of Legends haha :) On that note why doesn't Travian link up with Steam to make a Travian 2? That way Travian can keep its original version going normally while trying something spicier and new on the side! You could do a simple 5 vs 5 tower defense format, but with a Travian layout & build along with all the skins for the characters. I wouldn't copy the wave style format in most tower defenses. I would go for the non waves where the two teams build at their own pace, and send units manually making hot keying important. What I mean by that is the buildings that the players build do not automatically send units, so you would want it not to be an auto system with creeps like DOTA 2; rathermore, you would want the players in Travian 2 to control & send units similar to how we do it on the original Travian. In order to incorporate the farming aspect that would require larger teams, or a free for all format. If Travian went with a 5 vs 5, or 10 vs 10 style game that typically lasts an hour like DOTA 2 does... I figured that a tower defense style would work best since there would be 1 objective to destroy to win the game which can keep games short. There is many speed servers that show Travian can be played at a extremely fast pace, so why not take it up a notch & make something called Travian 2? You could get the international audience that you already have to possibly watch & play in tournaments!

Cheers,

Banksy

Ya sadly you are probably right. Travian needs to find a way to make money off of their game outside of the game itself! The speed servers are the key to bringing Travian into a Starcraft/Warcraft 3 tournament scenario. DOTA 2 makes millions simply because the matches can be spectated because they take an hour. No audience wants to watch a month long Travian fight, so they would have to step up their game & produce a match format that finishes within an hour ish. The way that Travian could do that is with the speed increases, and tones of balancing of the product that they produce lol! Also an audience would not want to watch a player, or a team win because of gold lol. That means that if there was a live kind of audience obviously the matches would have to be 100% gold free to ensure a fair fight.

Cheers,

Banksy

The Guard knew that the architect was the culprit because out of the four people only the architect would have had the know how to rob the old library. A healer isn't a thief nor a librarian, and most farmers probably can't read lol! An architect however could find the flaws to the old library & exploit them!

Nickname: Star Shockwave

Gameworld: NYS COM X5

Cheers,

Banksy

Clay would cost 25. The best option is the 15 gold raise per year. The worker only gets the raise twice during his three years since the final raise would be as he leaves, but it is better than the other option available. That option gives the worker a 30 gold raise over the first two years, but the other option only adds up to 25 gold over the 2 years & 6 months. To clarify the 5 gold per 6 months does compound well, but if I was the worker I would select the 15 gold per year option.

Nickname: Starshockwave

Server: TT Finals

Cheers,

Banksy

I used to laugh at traps but now that there is guaranteed causalities they are pretty overpowered. Traps were fine the way they were originally. I guess that they got changed because of how raiders used to laugh when breaking traps. Traps are just overpowered during the early game now which is what it is.

Cheers,

Banksy

Why is it that when I send 350 club swingers on a Gaul, and 100 of those clubs get trapped (as I free them all in the exact same attack)... why is it that over 20 of those clubs die? It is unbalanced there was no troops on defense, but yet somehow tones of my offensive troops parish. Travian should allow every race to have deadly traps it is unfair that only one race gets such an unbalanced defensive tactic. No troops on defense but yet you can cause massive causalities it makes no sense unless those traps were explosive.

Cheers,

Banksy

I recently had a player capture over 300 animals within a 2 hour time span, and this was only 8 days into the server. I cleared 3 waves of the players animal defenders, but they just kept coming. I saw it all with scouts because I was weary of the players alliance sending reinforcements due to me catapulting the village to almost 0. In terms of warfare strategy I wouldn't call what that player did skill. The player went on to capture all the animals from the surrounding oasis's, so I gave up on the base & raided the bounties from the oasis's. I think that there should be a limit on how many cages a player can use at a village per day. A hero doesn't even find cages every single day on adventures, so when a player uses gold to bring home an insane amount of defense early in the sever it's unbalanced.

Cheers,

Banksy 8)

Travian superhero powers can be double damage & haste. The double damage is straight forward that hero will have its fighting power doubled. The haste should not just apply only to the hero, but to all of the troops traveling with the hero even catapults. That makes the haste superpower tricky to apply since the superpower could either reduce travel time by 50%, or you could lower that to 30% simply because the superpower applies to all troops under the hero's command in it's march!

In game name is Starshockwave

Server: TT Finals