Posts by zeke234

The blacksmith once again looked at the parchment a visitor had just given him.
There was nothing particularly unusual about this order – to decorate armor and a weapon with an emblem... ⚔️ #ShadowEmpires

Curious to know more? ➡️ Follow the story!⬅️

It use to be that one could be outside an alliance but still support that alliance. One could play "both sides" so to speak -- Talk a good game to Alliance A, while secretly supporting Alliance B. That is no longer part of the game because of the inability to throw support to a player outside one's own alliance or confederacy. So sad it came to this. :(

every one can send same second attack even without this feature, there are tons of guides and videos on internet and even in the froum here about how to send same second attacks, its not a big deal!

I'll get off my soapbox about this, but it is a big deal. Guides and videos are great, but to pull a multi-wave attack takes practice and knowing what you are doing. Noobies can just pay some gold and launch. It just isn't the same game as a couple of years ago. Just sayin'.

It use to be, if a player sent a 6-8 cata wave same second, it was a sign that the player knew what he was doing and was a worthy opponent. Now, any Yahoo can send 4 cata waves same second. How do I know they are yahoos? Because they leave that one second break in the waves. No experienced player would do that. You recall any waves that don't land the same second as the clear. The game is getting dumbed down for the sake of profit. This isn't a criticism of TravianGames, after all, that is their goal, to make money. It is a criticism of the game dynamics. And, in the long term, the game dynamics is what draws new players to the game. And it is the draw of new players that determine if a game lives, or dies.

OK, I must be missing something. Given the two conditions, there seems to be 4 true combinations:

1. Klaudius, Markus, Alexander, Patricia, Alexander
    2. Klaudius, Alexander, Alexander, Patricia, Markus

3. Alexander, Markus, Alexander, Patricia, Klaudius

4. Alexander, Alexander, Markus, Patricia, Klaudius

The "Tip" that Markus is not standing next to Patricia, can not be ruled out given the second condition, but I'll assume it is also true that Markus is not next to Patricia.

That still leaves #1 and #3 as valid for all conditions.

Given that there is only one answer, I'll choose #1

Klaudius, Markus, Alexander, Patricia, Alexander

Zeke234

ts4.travian.com

We do want to attract new players. But giving a new player the ability to spend money for wave builder is like giving a new player a "nuclear bomb". No longer is there any negotiating needed. Just blast that weaker player into oblivion. Having to work with others has always been one of the strengths of this game. Wave builder means that is now obsolete.

It is not about resisting. Money players will always be bigger and stronger.

1. join the dominant alliance in the quadrant. Use your defense to help the big guys. This can get boring....
    2. stay out of the dominant alliance. Stay crannied up, sell items and save up for "gold club". Troop evade in your capital is worth the 20K silver it takes to get it. Don't resist. Rebuild and maneuver. If you get a noob attacking you with the wavebuilder ability, cut the wave and kill off a lot of catas. :)

Also, as you are selling everything, you will get a lot of silver early on. Don't waste it. Selling prices dry up by mid game. Also hero adventures quit bringing in high valued items. You start getting lots of resource and troops. The sellable items become far more scarce.

I've been playing Travian fairly regular since the 3.0 days (about 15-17 years). Some evolution is warranted since Travian Games is trying to make money. But this wave builder ability ruins the game. We now have noobies building waves to attack when they hardly know how to play the game. It just rains chaos on anyone around them and makes the game untenable. IMHO.

Probably better to create your own.

I have one that lets me know how to distribute resources for maximum building, what is needed to do my next build project, how to maximize troop builds, and how long it will be before I can do "x".

Create your own. It's a great way to flex your spreadsheet skills, and give you something to do as you wait for that next build opportunity.

First, you have to know, I think Travian is the best game of it's genera on the internet. There are so many ways to play the game, and all have their own validity.

So the point of my thread... I've spent hundreds of dollars on Travian in the past 15 years. I've gotten to the point that I love the game, but I'm not going to spend any more money. It is still a great game! But "no money" leads to a very different strategy in playing.

First, you are going to be playing a defensive game. Start as Gaul. It is mostly a sim game if you align with a major alliance. If you go solo, it gets interesting.
    Second, your hero is going to be selling everything he finds. I will keep the first strength modifier, usually a right hand item, and I will keep the first resurrection item I get. Everything else gets sold. Don't buy anything unless you are desperate.
    Third, all bonus points from hero advances are placed in Resource. Early on, you may have to add to personal strength to keep your hero from dying.

Fourth, keep your crannies up! If a raider comes knocking, they can NOT get resource. If they do, you lose.

Fifth, some players just want to kill something. If you are caught in this situation and you are the target, keep all resource and buildings at at least level one. Keep the faith. This will go on for awhile. Eventually, more important things will take effect and you will no longer be "important". That means, you will be able to go about your business.

You have to decide on your goal for the game. You won't be making the WW. That takes a lot of time, commitment, and MONEY.

My goal is to see how high in the pop rankings I can get. My secondary goal is to be alive at the end of the game. You're goals are whatever you decide.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg