Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 82.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Quote from Hawkery: “TL;DR - any gold that you paid hard cash to convert to silver, you claim back. Any free silver you picked up gets sucked back into cyber space where it came from. ” I think it's fine as it works now. Can't believe you're actually asking them to give us less back In case you missed it, this is how it works now: Quote from wishmaster3: “You are able to transfer as much gold as what you paid for, even if some of it is converted from silver. I.e. if you've bought 300 gold, you c…

• Quote from WIM: “But someone spent money on the gold which was transferred into silver, which was then used to generate profit for the poor little non-gold account, so the silver still has monetary value and should be used as motivation for those hard working non-gold players (who are very handsome people who can run incredibly fast - I have been told) to keep pedalling out those phalanxes. Just an idea - free gold for the non-gold users (the heart and soul of every server)! ” No. This would ope…

• UK 29 General

wishmaster3 - - Politics & Diplomacy

Quote from Milesias: “Are you on the ts29 server? Mercs, Marksmen and Steppes seems like the way to go ” I'm on com8, the Fire and Sand beta. Quitting as soon as the server ends. Bows are only better for one thing; less crop consumption for off power. But they're atrocious at farming and defensively too - so I prefer the better farming of mercs, slightly more off/time and some defensive capability should it be needed (some security against getting ghosted too, even if you don't plan to use your …

• Quote from Arthur Dent: “Gold from Quests, Silver Exchange or Promotions is not transferable That is why you are not able to change it back from silver to gold and then transfer it. ” Incorrect. You are able to transfer as much gold as what you paid for, even if some of it is converted from silver. I.e. if you've bought 300 gold, you can transfer 300 gold, even if you've spent 50 on random stuff, and then exchange silver to make up for that spent gold. If you've only bought 300 gold, but thanks …

• New forum?

wishmaster3 - - General Discussions

Quote from Templar Knight: “Your welcome ” Whose welcome?

• UK 29 General

Quote from Milesias: “Anyone have advice on playing as The Huns? First time playing properly for a few years and thought I'd give them a go. ” Farm. A lot. Best raiding units in the game (Steppes). Tbh also the 2nd best raiding unit in the game with Marksmen, if you go def. Mercs > bow imo. Did I mention you should farm? That's about it I think. Oh, hamvil (off and def mix) is super viable for Huns. Mercs + Marksmen = decent for def, great for off too. If that's something you like.

• As said above Quote from wishmaster3: “Imo, the biggest reason to play offensive roman now is if you want to save money, with double-building and golding, and less crop consumption thanks to HDT (so less NPCing to crop needed). ” I'm not saying Romans weren't viable. I think they full well were. They aren't better than teutons in hammer building though. But still a viable alternative. But as I said above too, I think the addition of Huns make them less viable. Huns insane raiding and cheaper uni…

• Guess who posts next

wishmaster3 - - Tavern

næææ Marko?

• Quote from notorious crunchie: “Actually the reason I wasn't going to bother responding is because I found your response rather rude. Very much "I'm right, you're wrong, tell me, I'm right. That is also the reason for the dislike. ” I mainly called you out for improper use of statistics. Quote from notorious crunchie: “I'm happy to discuss and find we disagree on matter but not to be spoken over. But fine, lets go through it then shall we. ” Great! Glad to have a discussion about this. Ugh, beca…

• Quote from thesssssupdude_UK: “Arent all of these hammers really outliers... they are the outliers of strong hammers... I mean... its the top 10 outliers really :D... ” There's a very clear difference between observations that just have a high value, and an outlier. If we take age as an example: if we sample the age of a randomly selected group, 75 is a high value, but not an outlier. 120 is a very high value and an outlier, because it deviates significantly from any other observations. As you c…

• I like how you can't even just take the "yeah we just disagree on what matters then", but give me the petty dislike when you're completely unable to refute anything. Well, likewise then.

• Quote from notorious crunchie: “Two of the top 3 are Romans, how can you say Imp/EC is worse than Mace/TK? ” First part of the sentence is outcome bias mixed with poor use of stats - I'll comment on the latter part later in my reply. Yes, imp/EC are objetively worse than mace/TK when it comes down to the parameter that mostly matters: off/time. Oh, and they're also a lot worse in res cost. Quote from notorious crunchie: “but if you plan to push yourself to he absolute limit on attack power and f…

• Quote from APenguinOverlord: “Quote from Marksy_UK: “Anyway I'll leave now so the new 5 tribe server can be discussed, doesn't sound like anyone will be going for huns, any reason for that? (I haven't read about either of the new tribes) ” As a rough summary, Huns are a bit like Romans. They produce 2% more off/time, but they have 16.6% more upkeep. This is redeemed by a few things. First, they can have 3 chiefs in every village, and their chiefs lower 15-30% loyalty. So on average, Hun 6 chiefs…

• Dear CM

wishmaster3 - - Forum suggestions

Complaining about the constant swearing I can understand. While I think a lax approach to moderating the forum is good, I can see why it's a problem when (mostly) "a" user here on the .uk domain has absolutely no restraints and keeps posting the same swears and what not over and over again. So yeah, it's sad that a single person might cause a more strict forum for everyone, but understandable. But getting so upset over a joke poll though? Really?

• WW Thread

youtube.com/watch?v=nDwQJ64UpFQ

• Light cavalry balance

wishmaster3 - - Game Suggestions

EI: Travian :: offense calculator EC: Travian :: offense calculator You can even give your hero accompanying the ECs no weapon, and ECs still have more off/time. But yes, EIs are a lot better raiders, and much cheaper. It's a pain to run ECs in GS (in my experience, when playing solo accounts), because they're a lot more expensive, while EIs are fairly easy to run. Which also means that EIs could give you more off, if you aren't able to queue ECs as much as EIs. With EIs you're also likely to be…

• Light cavalry balance

Quote from maskedhorror: “I was trying to make a point that the the TT have been pushed to be an underwhelming unit in comparison to other offensive options of the same type. ( in this case i used the Steppe Rider which is better in absolutely every stat , cost and train time ) ” Actually, you could do full Hun def and go marksmen... And they'd still be better for off than TTs lol. Better in all stats including raiding, with the exception of speed of course (but only without hero)... And they're…

• Light cavalry balance

Quote from MadZ: “I hope the original tribes get a good showing too. ” Teuts are still the best hammer makers, both for play hammers and WWK/WWR, so there should be some. I think a lot of defensive/supportive players will default to Gauls too, though some will definitely go for Egyptians for the novelty and such. Romans.. Maybe people who want to save gold with the double build? Not much reason to otherwise, sadly Quote from Tombo457: “Spears are actually very underrated as an overall def unit t…

• Light cavalry balance

No, ECs have that still (if you include HDT of course... Which you should). They're second though, overtaking EIs

• Light cavalry balance

And 2 fields per hour slower Which is still good though.