Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Over Modding.

Ameno - - Forum suggestions

Hi there. Officially from myself and on behalf of Travian Games I want to publicly apologize to Meme and Cali for them being removed from the team not the proper way. Like I said to both of you in private, I do not approve the way it had been handled and I do feel terribly myself about that. I do really hope, though, that we can move on and finally start creating constructing atmosphere here instead of constant returning to that topic. I do not expect that to be quick turn, but I would be happy …

• Over Modding.

Quote from iRonik: “I would also like to ask a few things about moderation, but you've blocked ways to contact you, so I guess it's irrelevant anyway. ” I have certain reasons why my pm is closed for users. I had it open for a while after forum merge, but pretty soon got buried under 100s of requests from the users on all languages and it kind of blocked my other duties, because what I did all the time was actually answering the questions / redirecting them to the right people. I opened conversa…

• Over Modding.

Sorry, Lemon, but it'd be nice from you, if you post similar message without using words, that are not tolerated on this forum. And I agree, that the given replacement is not so nice as well. I believe that you are a smart and intelligent person with a large vocabulary, so it wouldn't be that hard. Thank you in advance.

• Over Modding.

On old forum the message in question as well as predefined warning message had been created automatically and all what moderators needed was just to add some words to that warning (optionally). I am now looking if we can have similar feature on that forum. By now - a reminder sent. Removed couple of posts from here. Though (as a non-native) I don't see much difference between 2 words in question, none of them look ok for me. About what's in the dictionaries - well, (long ago) when I learned Engl…

• Over Modding.

Actually maybe used the wrong expression (please, forgive the non-native). I understand that this proceeding is often not being followed currently (or at least not by everyone), but it's actually been a part of moderation guidelines. What I decided for myself after raising this topic is that I need to send specific explanation (and a reminder) on that exact matter to every CM and ask to deliver that to each forum team member. Will do it today.

• Over Modding.

Quote from Lemon: “Quote from Ameno: “Quoting a message a user has been banned for is normal proceeding and should be followed. I can guess that in some cases it hasn't been like that, I am sorry for that. ” You know that no one in the current forum crew have quoted the message, that violated the guidelines...unless the user ask for it, yourself included. So why not say that instead of acting like you usually do it? ” Rechecked all the warnings I gave from the beginning. I also made this mistake…

• Over Modding.

Quoting a message a user has been banned for is normal proceeding and should be followed. I can guess that in some cases it hasn't been like that, I am sorry for that. Will do our best to make sure that every team member follows that standard. For me the best option that works tbh is polite and constructive dialogue between the customer and the company representatives. Something like that we're trying to achieve in this thread (among some others).

• Hi all. Sorry for cleaning some stuff from here - I would really like to keep this thread for a collection of ideas for the game and forum (as it's written in the subject), not for complaining on certain bot accounts and arguments on some personal things. I will make a compact list of ideas (at least those which were supported mostly by the others, not controversial ones) from this thread and will try to get an answer on each one of them. Will keep you updated.

• Quote from WIM: “I'd love the marketplace, rally point etc. to autocomplete for 2 characters (instead of the new change to 3). Is much easier when on a phone, especially when your village is 01, 07 etc. ” This is actually considered a bug and should be fixed in the nearest updates.

• Over Modding.

Than we're on the same page, which is good. Yes, I forgot that you used to be a moderator, so, I'd say that it was me (indirectly) who shared that with you a while ago.

• Hmmm, aren't they stolen from the marketplace in this case? This is a really good way to keep resources if you need to extend your warehouse and to avoid overflow, but it's not the best way to hide them from the attacker.

• Over Modding.

Quote from Catz: “Quote from Ameno: “Unfortunately seems I don't have ready solution to it and will need to contact the developer of the platform (WBB) and maybe search if there is some plug in for it. I am sorry for that. ” Hello Ameno, if you are in contact with the WBB-developers - can you also ask for a plugin to ignore other members here in the forum? The old forum has had this function and sometimes it is better to ignore a "stupid" writer, than feel provocated to a new (most also stupid) …

• Over Modding.

@Lemon How the system works: The warning adds some points which do not result in immediate suspension from forum if it was a single violation of the forum rules over time. (well, not every warning works like that, but we're talking about most common ones for the users - like bad words / swearing). Those points have expiration date and after some time if user doesn't violate any rules, they got removed. So, if some user forgets in a few months that some expressions here are not tolerated and uses…

• Over Modding.

Quote from Happy: “How is the Beckhams inappropriate? How is the Wimbledon team inappropriate? How is Fry from futurama inappropriate? Apparently I insulted someone, yet no one feels insulted. And when asked about it the mod told me ‘when you get 6 points you’ll automatically be banned’ Yet I had only 5. The mod can’t explain this, can you Ameno? Just to clarify, I’m not mentioning any names as We can’t discuss specific bans on the forum. ” For this I need a bit more info. There are over 20 comm…

• [offtopic] Google translate now is not what it used to be. People really got lots of fun by translating poems and famous sayings into English and back again. Couple ancient examples of such "gooogle-translating": "A sound spirit in a sound body" -> " Vodka is good but meat is poor" "He took a deep breath and asked her to marry him." -> "He translated the spirit and made her a sentence".

• Over Modding.

Posting Simpsons and Beckhams (as long as those pictures do not contain any inappropriate content that had been added to those pictures) is not "bannable". Using swearing words and other stuff that is against this forum community guidelines is not tolerated though. I'll look into forum settings again (did it a while ago, but seems the implemented changes had no success, sorry for that) and find out why banned account can't write messages to moderators. Unfortunately seems I don't have ready solu…

• This is a really nice thread, and I would like to thank you for that. Put it in my watched threads and I can promise that useful suggestions from it will be delivered to the developers. Can't take part in poetry Tuesdays though, but will be nice to read. The language I can write poetry in is definitely not English and not many people would understand.

• Links

Ameno - - Bug & Server Issues

Thanks for noticing. I'll inform the team.

• It's a nice guide. Will share

• Spam Bots

Ameno - - General Discussions

Quote from MadZ: “@Ameno as you have graced us with your presence, do you have any input, of any capacity, about recent events on this domain? ” Hi. Well, that's quite a delicate topic. Since any changes in the team (and I believe you mean this by "recent events") can't be discussed neither publicly nor privately with anyone but involved parties due to signed NDA agreement, I am sorry to say that I can't give any comments.