Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 173.

The full calendar for Fire And Sand x3 is available here!

• UK1 - Discussion Thread

-SR - - S1

AAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA== Something to be proud of!

-SR - - S1

OH I SEE HOW IT IS. Use me as a +1 and don't put out, now you've moved on???

• What happened to the UK forum

-SR - - General Discussions

I think that's a very one dimensional analysis of the situation and presumes that most of us felt that there was a lot wrong with the UK forum and those who ran it before? Why would a business assume there's an issue with a product without doing sufficient market research and introduce an untested solution. What led TG to believe that the improvement it sought to make would be best facilitated by the introduction of TK and co to our domain in lieu of actual UK players? What functionality has the…

• Uk1 MFH thread - No GotN allowed.

-SR - - S1

What part of MFH only do you not get??? You can come along as my +1 if you like though?

• What happened to the UK forum

-SR - - General Discussions

Can someone just address a simple query for me? Looking at you here @Ameno @Templar Knight @playingwithfire It is becoming abundantly clear to most of us forum users that Travian GmbH actually does not care about the experience of us forum users, at least in this domain. We have made it incredibly clear we are dissatisfied with the crew who currently manage our forum and the fact they have little to do with our community. Most of us feel that the crew we had before were a lot more understanding …

-SR - - S1

Jormungandr no?

-SR - - S1

The dumbest thing is that we were just starting to have an actual interesting dialogue. Savage Invader, I hope you don't listen to Lokii, he's making things boring...

-SR - - S1

Blitzkrieg was the one whose fields took completely I believe, I think he had 10s/11s. Lucky was the one you sent down from 14s to 9s at the cost of Vidars hammer. But it's nice to see an actual constructive perspective of the op from GotN

-SR - - S1

What, have you never had a feeder catapulted before? It's pretty commonplace really and it's an easy enough rebuild. I'm genuinely confused as to what GotN thinks it's achieved here. You sent 300 odd fakes across the board (costly at this stage, especially if you're not making the most of it), and in doing so you've brought some cap fields down in 3 villages, the most costly damage being from 14s to 9s? You did smash Blitzkriegs fields, but those weren't particularly high in the first place. In …

-SR - - S1

Yeah, the thing is if I ran an op where 90% of the reals landed on feeders rather than 'mains' as you call them, I'd get through pretty much everywhere too. That's the reality of defense in this game, you pick and choose where to defend and inevitably you will always pick capitals and hammer villages over random feeders unless you have some special intel or the attackers made a gross mistake. I think it's pretty embarrassing that you're giving it large over hitting, what 3 caps, with limited dam…

-SR - - S1

You can post the reports, by my count you hit, what 3 caps? Most with stone masons and fields down only slightly that we will help push back up within a few days, so not actually so horrible a situation really. Good op, very well executed, but I was actually anticipating a bit more damage based on the sheer number of fakes if I'm honest!

-SR - - S1

So far it looks like a very well planned offensive effort. This number of fakes so early in a server is really impressive. Good work GotN, hopefully we've called some right so there's some good reports to share in the morning.

-SR - - S1

There's tiers of gold use on this server, to suggest that Jormungandr isn't in the top 5% is ridiculous. Fingolfin probably sat in the middle of the pack, using gold for NPCs a couple of times a day and plus and bonuses. Jormungandr certainly uses more gold than the majority of this server, but I appreciate he any not relative to some of the others in your alliance...

-SR - - S1

Well that's a lie. I've seen their villages go from 0 pop to 450 overnight. Either they've insta'd them up or they have cheat codes... What's the point in even trying to advance a lie like that? EDIT: oh wait, I forgot, you guys have lost all concept of what a 'lot of gold's looks like

-SR - - S1

Right because Jormungandr is not an exceptional account?

• UK1 Server Analysis 4/9

-SR - - S1

Can you clarify what it is you believe to be deadweight? The main fallacy in the position you are trying to advance is that you're assuming the people who are lower population are deadweight, but that is anything but the case. A blind dingbat could see that the concentration of gold use is higher on this server than the average UK server. Due to this the average population on a server level at this stage is skewed compared to where it would usually be. Whilst it's not just GotN and Losers who ha…

-SR - - S1

Not really, I'm making valid points and providing them with tangible grounds in support, don't really see where emotion comes into it. You haven't actually addressed any of the points I've made in any satisfactory way and repeatedly revert back to the data, which I've already explained as limited. Incapable of emotion? We'll make a real boy of you yet Pinocchio! Just saw your double post. That's nonsense, deadweight isn't the reason there's a massive population gap between GotN and the other big…

-SR - - S1

Yeah but my point is that the threshold at which this type of analysis considers people 'deadweight' is way too high, particularly when we're this early into a server. For example, you've said '9 good players' clearly picking that number because you're drawing a correlation to Losers, who have exactly 9 members. Clearly, you consider all of Losers to be good players, certainly not deadweight. But if we take a look at your members, you have a few accounts that you are not classing as 'deadweight'…

-SR - - S1

If we're honest with each other, any analysis at this time is going to be shortsighted. What I don't get is why, with that in mind, you'd try and draw any kind of conclusive pattern out of people smashing spawns up - something which matters very little in the grand scheme of things. I'm all for people crunching numbers and presenting data, but then trying to pretend like they can draw conclusive trends and points of analyses from that, in what is clearly an attempt to fuel your own egos, is kind…

-SR - - S1

If you can't see how one dimensional that perspective is, I'm uncertain I can explain it to you. The comments you've made simply corroborate the limitations I described. You're basically saying that anyone who isn't raiding very heavily, isn't super high population or doesn't have a 15c 125+ cropper is deadweight? Effectively, this analysis and the benefits you're putting forward as being attached to it are saying that if I were to take the top 5 raiding off accounts in my alliance and set up a …