Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 572.

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• UK Goes To Munich!

Hawkery - - General Discussions

I for one am enjoying reading about the updates Maybe a list of all the representatives / selected individuals on the OP would help clarify?

• Forum link bug

Hawkery - - Bug & Server Issues

Quote from Cretin_UK: “this should be an optional "tick" box so that you can exclude this from the alliance information page so that other alliances and players cannot access this ” I like the idea of a tick box. If ticked, the information before it is only visible to internal players. That said, you could also use the public nature of your forum to your advantage... Put up false attack plans and see if your enemies are monitoring it, maybe they'll defend incorrectly as a result.

• I agree, comms is the most helpful part. I guess my reason for starting the thread was to see if it's asking too much of players to communicate that they want to send standing back. If someone sent me wheat I'd probably send it back afterwards with interest on the basis you've fed my troops for so long, it's just a lot of it happens without consideration for the defenders.

• Guess who posts next

Hawkery - - Tavern

I've been called tricky before though I doubt you meant me Going out on a limb here... Ameno? edit: ninja'd

• A big bug bare of mine as a defender if when standing def suddenly starts walking home with no prior warning and no consideration to the fact it might takes 12hrs to travel, and when it's sent back right after the ceasefire starts it eats into defenders ability to make use of no starvation. But, I understand a large raider isn't going to want 40k def sat in their cap when that could be helping them grow their wheat fields. Is it reasonable to expect a heads up before the troops are sent? Maybe g…

• Quote from Trever: “Sorry cannot stop myselfSO YOU tiggled its belly ROFL ” I'm definitely adding this to my phrase-bank! Though in my experience, the most risky part is trying to tickle the belly of a developer. The look they will give you is enough to turn you to stone

• Number game

Hawkery - - Tavern

93 The number that follows 92, and the number that preludes 94. Really important to know that.

• Guess who posts next

Hawkery - - Tavern

No meme here Lemon?

• Currently Listening to?

Hawkery - - Tavern

Quote from Lemon: “Some people call me the perfect mod. ” By "some people", are you referring to Lemon? youtube.com/watch?v=dnH977xKcz8

• Quote from Schmitz' Katze: “But for the same reasons as ELE I like the idea of limiting support (troops or res) to ally members and maybe confeds. Moreover, that would ruin the res- and troop-sellers immediately and decrease the numbers of their bot-accounts. Worth a try imo. ” I quite like this idea too. You could give alliance members a speed bonus for sending internally and then apply normal times to external alliances. Although a group of bots could all be in a single alliance, there would b…

• whats the plan for UK2?

Hawkery - - S2

I'd argue that an alliance does need to actively do something to earn def points, such as create defence and put it in the right village at the right time

• Really like this thread! Thanks @Cali for starting this I also like the idea of having some kind of sitter control. One option might be to include a button in the sitter menu that allows a sitter to 'take control' of the sittee's account. This button would automatically load the account without having to sign out / sign in manually. The functionality could also be set so that it's only possible to 'take control' if the account is not logged into. The downside is that if a player wants two people…

• ALLIANCE PAGES NEW LOOK

Hawkery - - Game Suggestions

Quote from ELE: “Please don't. DO NOT make any updates till you fix all current bugs. ” I get it's frustrating but the majority of websites we visit will have active bugs even if they're not that obvious. If websites prioritised bugs over upgrades, there would never been any new functionality. Often, new functionality can also fix a bug (since it removes the reason for it existing in the first place). Personally I quite like the idea of branding an alliance. It could well add to the team ethic a…

• The only way I can think of this working without encouraging botting would be to transfer any gold-generated silver that was physically purchased with hard cash. So 300 gold on an account could be made up of two different pots. 250 that you purchased, and 50 you gained from task master (for e.g.). However if you tried to delete with that same 300 gold, you would only be able to transfer the 250 you directly purchased (otherwise botting would be even more insane). When you spend gold, Travian wil…

• UK 29 General

Hawkery - - NYS

Quote from Chris (Lord Aslan): “4th. Gauls. I have to ask what the point is in playing as gauls? If you're wanting to play off, then they're not the best of choices for WWk's. If you purely enjoy raiding etc then why not huns? If you love the defense then surely Egyptians are a better option with their oases bonus? ” Complacency isn't always a negative trait, so if someone can ace an account as Gaul then while it can be fun to try new elements of the game, there's no harm in carrying on. There's…

• WvV Round 58 - Revenge of Dracula

Hawkery - - Tavern

Sorry for my absence, I passed about about 8.30 last night. On the plus side I woke up early enough to get a maccies breakfast before work so that's an overall win in my books. thumbsup.png Interesting first night, same outcome as a no lynch though smiley773.png

• #LynchCrunch He's always been worryingly wolfy, so I'm willing to lynch him on night one.

• Count to 1,000,000 (and back)

Hawkery - - Tavern

33,585 edit: It's boxing day, I have a good excuse for not being able to count

• While it may not have been a direct intention of the developers to enable farm spiking, it does indeed occur. A large part of the game does look at the strategic element (even spying being a part of everyday warfare, for e.g.) - so my advice here would be to look at ways you could use this element of the gameplay to your advantage. The top 10 weekly stats are one way I have used this to my advantage in the past. Anyone whose def point spike in the early hours of a Monday morning, for e.g... I ha…

• Price Increase

Hawkery - - Game Suggestions

Quote from Hell's Lullaby: “The realization I came across is that the only way you could make things better (in the current state and referring to Travian alone) is if you take charge and manage things, become one of the community managers/supporters, that's the only way to make a difference. ” "Influence from within, don't criticise from outside" = my famous last words lol. But nevertheless I like your point. It's the kind of philosophy that generally sees players take on leadership roles in al…