Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

• Tracking gold usage

BlackBlade - - Game Suggestions

Quote from Lemon: “Why archive the gold purchase messages? You can just open the gold buying menu and click on pending orders to see how much gold you have purchased ” That is fascinating, I never knew that. Considering those aren't "pending" it is a little surprising to see them there. Maybe the addition of a "completed" orders page might be in order? Or rename the current to Pending & Completed orders.

• Tracking gold usage

Love it and I've mentioned that before, sadly no movement on the issue. I think one of the impediments to it is that it isn't in Travian's interest for us to know how / where our gold goes. It would make it easier for people to budget and spend more carefully.

• I am VERY pleased to see this. It's only one month in advance but it is an improvement over what we had before.

• It has been obvious to the community (or at least those I interact with) that the number of WWs on the majority of servers greatly exceeds the demand and has for a while. The reduction in map size for UK/US presents an opportunity to address that. I think it also makes sense to bring the remaining WWs closer to center. On most servers the 100 mark is quite "boonies" these days. So I have a few options for changes: 1. Move WWs - Option A: Move WWs @ the 100 mark to 75 - Option B: Move WWs @ the 1…

• Patch

BlackBlade - - General Discussions

If I recall correctly this was one of the issues brought up at Munich. Good to see action taken

• Quote from -SR: “I would like to see a platform, whether that be on the forum or on webstreams, whereby we can make suggestions to TG and there is a publicly accessible communication that shows us that the idea has been considered and the reasons why it will or won't be adopted and a timeline for when we may see it incorporated into the game or forum experience. ” The inspiration for the Veteran Legends Project originated from wanting something exactly like that. The forum isn't designed to allo…

• Game improvements

While I certainly understand the complexities of merging the English domains, it wouldn't be unheard of in the gaming world for them to be together. One might say they should have been from the start. While I certainly am not a fan of Kingdoms, they simply have "EN". No separate domains for different English speaking countries, they don't even have an international domain separated out. So while I expect there would be some frustration, even anger at merging of the 3 English speaking domains it …

• Quote from Mercedes: “If this works well, I wondered if it would be possible to do something similar in a couple of months but with players, alliance leaders perhaps selecting one experienced and one new player from their alliance to have the opportunity to discuss and get feedback on their experiences? ” Sorry to intrude. If it does work well I do agree it should be continued, but I think ultimately that would fall on the next CM's shoulders. I don't think Ameno can keep up, especially if this …

• Quote from -SR: “I don't know why capturing server end data is something TG wouldn't want to do on an official level anyway? Seems like something a lot of people are interested in. ” I think at one time I suggested automatic capturing of the information. The general reply seemed to be that it would be difficult to do across every single domain. It was last year I think so I don't really remember the specifics. An alternative to an automated technical solution would be for either the MH to grab a…

• The VLE is a big document. In order to make things easier I'm going to try and push a new section of it each week until it is is complete enough to consider it a 1st Edition. I want to start with Chapter I: General Information, Section 1 "Core Game Mechanics". The following are the subsections: - Spawning - Capital - Constructing Building - Training Troops - Merchants - Trade Routes - Hero - Adventures - Auction House - Culture Points - Morale - Raiding - Scouting - Attacking with Siege Units We…

• Game improvements

Quote from alestorm: “I don't get why people are so focused on scouting. ” It wasn't my intention for scouting to take up so much discussion, I think in terms of all the things that needs work, it is low to medium priority. (Maybe 2 on a 5 point scale, 5 being highest). And of course not everyone agrees, which is part of the beauty of the game, lots of different people with different play styles and ideas. I've got a document with dozens of different topics I think need to be addressed, and have…

• Game improvements

Quote from Mercedes: “It does depend how well and actively it's used though. I remember one server where the scout holder had a spreadsheet and we knew what every single player worth worrying about on the server had within a few weeks. I've also seen large scout artefacts used very effectively to protect key alliance large and unique artefacts as well as WWs and hammers. The artefact isn't just about training scouts. ” I do agree, the ability to use it differs greatly. I like the spreadsheet met…

• Game improvements

So everyone should start stacking 3,000 scouts in every village to stop 1,000 with a large scout let alone a small or unique? Killing scouts alone isn't the goal, its to make it reasonable to stop scouting entirely. The fact walls work again help. It is possible that there could be some other mechanic that even if you have more AP in scouts than DP, a scouting can fail. In theory scouts need to get close enough to a village to scout it, with the other scouts patrolling outside the wall to stop t…

• Game improvements

Quote from Lemon: “Well @Eric Rasputin you forgot to make the wall 20... Artifacts are meant to be big game changers. ” While I agree they should be game changers, I also think the the Scout Artis are OP. In general I think scouting is a little broken, though part of that may simply be players not building enough. In line with that what I would do is start by decreasing the Scout Arti multipliers. Perhaps 2x (large), 3x (small), 5x (unique). Combine that with increased defensive scouting strengt…

• Game improvements

Quote from Mercedes: “/me puts thinking cap on. What about putting some restrictions on that force you out of bp which are things that more experienced players would do or that push accounts would do. For example, buying and using artworks, running a first party. Raiding, obviously as it already does. Sending reinforcements to another village. Sending resources to another account on anything less favourable than a 1:1 market place trade. Building troops at more than 50% of population. Just some …

• Game improvements

Quote from ELE: “First, that mean that accounts became inactive under BP will always stay under BP, meaning no farm at least in early game, meaning unbeatable advantage to cheaters with tech accounts and multies and pre made alliances who will push their top players. Explanation is needed ( I admit I never thought before that BP needs explanation) but still the action should be to extend it (after initial period), not to end it. Second, I hope you did not mean indefinite BP, I drool all over thi…

• Game improvements

Wow. I walk away from the thread for 36 hours and it explodes! Lots to reply to. Quote from Elisa_UK: “So many players complain about dwindling player numbers but when someone puts forward a good suggestion to try to encourage new players (like, stop the raid lists for the beginning) so many big raiders cry about it. We've been saying for years that raiding is killing this game. In the first week, veterans ALREADY have enormous advantages over newbies just through experience. Newbies have massiv…

• Some months ago I conceived what I call The Veteran Legends Project. For different reasons progress has been slow and it hasn't seen my full attention. However I see now as a good time to bring forth a portion of the project more publicly. Thanks to the effort of@'Scarecrow' this part of the project has seen more work accomplished than the others. Despite this it is by no means complete. Passing this along in private is not getting the job done and it is time more players contribute to the compr…

• Game improvements

Quote from Mercedes: “How would you work in Scouting artefacts? No other troop has the capacity to be 5x or 10x stronger with an artefact. I agree that natar kills and nature kills should be counted separately. I also think that killing your own troops shouldn't count. I've seen players kill off their own troops in oases at the end of servers to get to the top of the attackers table. Not sure how hard it would be to write that into the code though. ” An interesting question. I actually hadn't th…

• Game improvements

We as a community will never get the detailed answers we want regarding policing of the servers (or fourm). It is at best disappointing, at worst incredibly frustrating. All we can do is voice our concerns, and have some faith they hear us. A lot of what they do or change will be behind the scenes but hopefully we will see some impact on things publicly. Based off the notes from Munich they recognize there are issues and are trying to work on them. Quote from Excel: “I'm pretty sure this got bro…