Travian poetry corner

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Oooh, i remember this thread. It was originally a us5 embassy thread, and most of the poems I contributed were specific to the Ancient Cities round. But now that it's been moved to the Tavern, it can be a place or anyone to contribute Travian-themed poems.

I've posted a fair number of poems in various threads in the old forum over the years - it was too much f a hassle to find them, so they are likely lost unless sone of them come through when the backlog of old posts gets moved here as sone kind of archive.

Anyway, here's a poem vaguely influenced by Old English poetry forms.

Bold and victorious, bright-bladed warriors,
      conquering heroes come from the battlefield
      loot-laden, full-feasted - naught left but crows' food
      in villages raided and clean-scoured oases!
      Raise up your voices in praise of the proud ones!
      The singers of sagas will tell of their glories -
      for eons uncounted shall deeds be remembered,
      the valiant returning, their battle-steeds rearing,
      the field-fallen, now fire-blessed, but never forgotten.

Hail to the warriors taken by battle
      boldly they fought and bravely they faced death.
      Drink to them now, cups filled and brimming,
      Call out their victories, sing of their deeds -
      Ye who were steadfast, stronghanded, greathearted,
      go now in glory, all hail your names.
      And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
      - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez
    • If you have some time spare, go and see in the french corner our Fan Art.

Formely it was called la Taverne and we made battle (latterly called Joutes) with texts about any subjects suggested by somebody with votes to choice the best one.
      We had also a place called coin des bardes where writers posted in their galeries poems, short novels, Rp and so on !

To apply the new rules of the international forum we tranfered some our last joutes and main galeries of the Tavern in the part FAN ART. but all is somehowmuddled up...

Of course it is in french...so just an hint to read easily only our posts : in your panel control choose only french in parameters and our french sujects will be selected.

Glad to see you there!
      (Sorry for my bad english...)
      Ex-Modérateur de la Taverne: bénévole de 2010 à 2016. Nouvel antre: ensemble.poeticforum.com (voir Cantabile)

Merci à Zuzu pour la mise en page de mon dessin
      Je n'en démordrai pas: je suis vraiment convaincu que seuls les imbéciles ne changent pas d'avis.
    • I wish my French was good enough to appreciate poetry written in French, but unfortunately, it is not.

Still, it is good to know that other people have been inspired to write creative works with a Travian theme.
      And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
      - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez
    • Congratulations Meherrin for being featured on the Travian Facebook page

Albeit with a slight mistake :(

Content from this forum especially does get featured occasionally if HQ feel it is of high quality so keep the poems and stories comming
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78