Rasputin's Guide for efficiently building a support village.

    Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

    • Rasputin's Guide for efficiently building a support village.

      Travian Village task. Achieve 50+ villages.

      Once a new village has been settled. (Only settled). Plus, this is for a support village. If you plan on building a hammer village , then this is not for you.

      1. Upgrade MB to lvl 3
      2. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 1
      3. Get MP to lvl 1
      4. Get all fields to lvl 3
      5. Get MB to lvl 5.
      6. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 6
      7. Get all fields to lvl 5
      8. Get MB to lvl 10
      9. Get barracks , academy
      10. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 12
      11. Get academy to lvl 10
      12. Get town hall to 1 (start parties)
      13. Get all fields to lvl 8
      14. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 16
      15. Get MB lvl 15
      16. Get all fields to lvl 10
      17. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 20
      18. Get MB 20
      19. Get all bonus building maxed out
      20. Get town hall to lvl 10
      21. Get MP to lvl 20.
      22. Get Smithy and stable
      23. Get stable to lvl 10
      24. Get Trade Office to lvl 20
      25. Remove smithy and academy and stable and barracks
      26. Add more warehouse and granaries. Or put CP producing buildings like treasury and embassy.

      If you're a Gaul you can build trappers. They are excellent CP producers along with Embassy.

      You can build the residence or palace whenever you want. I usually wait till step 17 or 18. But you can do that as according to your convenience.

      This guide always get me in the top 5 player in the population area.

      The magic of being in a top account is traderoutes. Without them, it is not possible to succeed. On a offensive account , setting up the trade routes is easy. But on a defensive account it's hard because you don't build deff in just 1 or 2 villages. You build in more than 30-40 villages(if you really know how to play the game). Resources have to distributed equally and skilfully so that every village can produce a substantiate amount of troops. This is why simming is important. Of course , troops are more important population, but to achieve that limit of troops, you need population. Sim and hard as you can and you can see how your troop count will shoot up.

      Any type of scrutiny and suggestions are welcome. This is for you and for you alone. Enjoy

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Eric Rasputin: Step 4 Amended ().

    • Foley wrote:

      What about Hero's Mansion?

      Maximum oasis utilization is the most important thing to me and CP maximization is #2.

      I also dont build my own villages or use trade routes. So my strategy may be different.


      I concentrate on the CP production part. As you can see it is given above. Travian task for 50+ villages. If you do want to concentrate on the Oasis production part , then the first need you have to qualify is you have to be in the boonies and not be disturbed by anyone. In the spawn area , there are too many people and a fight is bound to occur on oasis conquering. The second need to qualify is proper village placement, settle your village strategically so that you have 3 oasis to capture. Oasis is often a bonus in the boonies where raiding is not ideal. I hate to break it to you , but trade routes are more important that you think. There is nothing called a 24x7 account and there is no player that will play with the same fire and concentration that they used to play on Day 1 in mid game. Trade routes is a huge part of an organised account. It helps Res distribution , prevents overflowing, makes your hammer building easy, make you spend equal Res in every village in a defense account. It's boosts up the morale of the account when the duals see the account being so organised and their work being done for them.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      I concentrate on the CP production part. As you can see it is given above. Travian task for 50+ villages. If you do want to concentrate on the Oasis production part , then the first need you have to qualify is you have to be in the boonies and not be disturbed by anyone. In the spawn area , there are too many people and a fight is bound to occur on oasis conquering. The second need to qualify is proper village placement, settle your village strategically so that you have 3 oasis to capture. Oasis is often a bonus in the boonies where raiding is not ideal. I hate to break it to you , but trade routes are more important that you think. There is nothing called a 24x7 account and there is no player that will play with the same fire and concentration that they used to play on Day 1 in mid game. Trade routes is a huge part of an organised account. It helps Res distribution , prevents overflowing, makes your hammer building easy, make you spend equal Res in every village in a defense account. It's boosts up the morale of the account when the duals see the account being so organised and their work being done for them.


      I disagree with needing to settling in the boonies for the best oasises. I believe in settling/chiefing around the grey to take advantage of the double oasises. There may be no thing as a 24/7 account but there are such things as 20/7 accounts. I don't have a dual or use trade routes and my account is currently #3 on US3.

      However I have only built 5 villages this round and conquered 21 so far, so I do not have the traditional cluster either.
    • Foley wrote:

      I disagree with needing to settling in the boonies for the best oasises. I believe in settling/chiefing around the grey to take advantage of the double oasises. There may be no thing as a 24/7 account but there are such things as 20/7 accounts. I don't have a dual or use trade routes and my account is currently #3 on US3.

      However I have only built 5 villages this round and conquered 21 so far, so I do not have the traditional cluster either.


      If you don't have any problem with oasis in the spawn area that can mean three things ..

      #1 The players in your quad are noobs and you have no competition. Especially if you're near the grey area where many of the strong players are.
      #2 You have a very submissive ally and they listen to your demands.
      #3 There are not many players on the server. Giving you some leeway into having some space for yourself.

      As for the traderoutes part. That can mean two things.

      #1 There is no competition in this server. Not many good and experienced players.
      #2 If you do not have trade routes , then whatever style account you're playing , might not be to its fullest potential. I am not saying that having trade routes is must, all I'm saying is that , your account might not be the ideal account you wished it to be or how I imagine it to be.

      What I mean by this is .... You are not running parties in every village 24x7. Some days you do , some days you don't. The development of a chiefed or settled village is not going as swiftly as it's supposed to be(this can be due to the activity of the account also)

      I find it incredibly hard to believe that you are #3 on the server and near the grey area and you have no problem with oasises.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      If you don't have any problem with oasis in the spawn area that can mean three things ..

      #1 The players in your quad are noobs and you have no competition. Especially if you're near the grey area where many of the strong players are.
      #2 You have a very submissive ally and they listen to your demands.
      #3 There are not many players on the server. Giving you some leeway into having some space for yourself.

      As for the traderoutes part. That can mean two things.

      #1 There is no competition in this server. Not many good and experienced players.
      #2 If you do not have trade routes , then whatever style account you're playing , might not be to its fullest potential. I am not saying that having trade routes is must, all I'm saying is that , your account might not be the ideal account you wished it to be or how I imagine it to be.

      What I mean by this is .... You are not running parties in every village 24x7. Some days you do , some days you don't. The development of a chiefed or settled village is not going as swiftly as it's supposed to be(this can be due to the activity of the account also)

      I find it incredibly hard to believe that you are #3 on the server and near the grey area and you have no problem with oasises.


      What happens if I snatched up all the oasises before others could, does that make the whole quad noobs?

      Or if I strategically placed my villages to get the best bang for their buck with oasises?

      The amount of players in the server has decreased signifcantly over time.

      Me not using trade routes has nothing to do with competition. How can my account not be used to its fullest if I am managing my resources allocation personally to which village needs it. You also have no clue what my playstyle is so I may be working exactly how I want it to be now.

      I am running large parties in 20 villages every single day, the rest are small and 2 villages for the WW do not run parties.

      gettertools.com/ts3.travian.us.4/Player/956-Foley

      Not all of my villages are around the grey, I have a WW cluster also.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Travian Village task. Achieve 50+ villages.

      Once a new village has been settled. (Only settled). Plus, this is for a support village. If you plan on building a hammer village , then this is not for you.

      1. Upgrade MB to lvl 3
      2. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 1
      3. Get MP to lvl 1
      4. Get all fields to lvl 2
      5. Get MB to lvl 5.
      6. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 6
      7. Get all fields to lvl 5
      8. Get MB to lvl 10
      9. Get barracks , academy
      10. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 12
      11. Get academy to lvl 10
      12. Get town hall to 1 (start parties)
      13. Get all fields to lvl 8
      14. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 16
      15. Get MB lvl 15
      16. Get all fields to lvl 10
      17. Get warehouse and granary to lvl 20
      18. Get MB 20
      19. Get all bonus building maxed out
      20. Get town hall to lvl 10
      21. Get MP to lvl 20.
      22. Get Smithy and stable
      23. Get stable to lvl 10
      24. Get Trade Office to lvl 20
      25. Remove smithy and academy and stable and barracks
      26. Add more warehouse and granaries. Or put CP producing buildings like treasury and embassy.

      If you're a Gaul you can build trappers. They are excellent CP producers along with Embassy.

      You can build the residence or palace whenever you want. I usually wait till step 17 or 18. But you can do that as according to your convenience.

      This guide always get me in the top 5 player in the population area.

      The magic of being in a top account is traderoutes. Without them, it is not possible to succeed. On a offensive account , setting up the trade routes is easy. But on a defensive account it's hard because you don't build deff in just 1 or 2 villages. You build in more than 30-40 villages(if you really know how to play the game). Resources have to distributed equally and skilfully so that every village can produce a substantiate amount of troops. This is why simming is important. Of course , troops are more important population, but to achieve that limit of troops, you need population. Sim and hard as you can and you can see how your troop count will shoot up.

      Any type of scrutiny and suggestions are welcome. This is for you and for you alone. Enjoy



      Step 4. All fields should go to 3. Fields at 2 give no cp. Level 3 does.
    • Carni wrote:

      Que has a very good point here. Plus with the ROI of fields at low levels so high, unless you're golding everything in half an hour you should definitely push fields to 3 instead of 2.


      I agree with you but please do remember that this is a guide to effectively build a support village. Meaning you will already have other villages to send Res to this support village. I hardly think gold is necessary.
    • Foley wrote:

      I dont understand step 25. Why would you remove those efficient CP buildings and replacement with warehouses. There should be 2 warehouses and 1 or 2 granaries in a feeder village. If you need more than that then you are not spending resources fast enough.


      Agreed, especially since the Academy gives one of the most production in terms of CP in the game if I remember correctly. That's like deleting a Residence level 20.
    • Academy is actually a choice. It's your wish if you want more space. I'll tell you my ideal setup that I do in every account I go.

      1. Main Building - 77 CP
      2. 2x Warehouse - 76 CP
      3. 2x Granary - 76 CP
      4. Rally Point - 38 CP
      5. Market Place - 115 CP
      6. Embassy - 153 CP
      7. Residence - 77 CP
      8. Stable - 77 CP
      9. Academy - 153 CP
      10. Workshop - 115 CP
      11. Trade office - 115 CP
      12. Treasury - 230 CP
      13. Town Hall - 192 CP
      14. Brickyard - 2 CP
      15. Sawmill - 2 CP
      16. Grain Mill - 2 CP
      17. Iron Foundry - 2 CP
      18. Bakery - 2 CP

      Best support village in terms of CP and Res production. The ideal village I should say.

      1504 CP total.

      All these are maxed out villages.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Academy is actually a choice. It's your wish if you want more space. I'll tell you my ideal setup that I do in every account I go.

      1. Main Building - 77 CP
      2. 2x Warehouse - 76 CP
      3. 2x Granary - 76 CP
      4. Rally Point - 38 CP
      5. Market Place - 115 CP
      6. Embassy - 153 CP
      7. Residence - 77 CP
      8. Stable - 77 CP
      9. Academy - 153 CP
      10. Workshop - 115 CP
      11. Trade office - 115 CP
      12. Treasury - 230 CP
      13. Town Hall - 192 CP
      14. Brickyard - 2 CP
      15. Sawmill - 2 CP
      16. Grain Mill - 2 CP
      17. Iron Foundry - 2 CP
      18. Bakery - 2 CP

      Best support village in terms of CP and Res production. The ideal village I should say.

      1504 CP total.

      All these are maxed out villages.


      Its not worth all the resources to have a mxed out TC 20. In all of your support villages? That is an absurd waste.
    • Foley wrote:

      Its not worth all the resources to have a mxed out TC 20. In all of your support villages? That is an absurd waste.


      Not an absurd waste if you don't rush it and take your time in completing TC 20. Yes, it is a bit of a far fetched idea, but it is not impossible. You'll need to raid properly and be successful at it. Gold of course. You can't do that unless you're experienced. Even if you don't complete the TC 20 it still gives your some formidable CP.
    • I agree with you when you talk about trade routes, but I quite disagree with a lot of other steps.

      First of all n.12, small parties with 100 CP?
      Then the order of the steps, the trade office lv.20 (more than 1.5kk res. from lv.16 to lv.20, 75kk res. if you consider a 50 villages account), the fact that you build the academy even before the lv. 6 of the fields.

      I think you usually reach the top5 cause you spend a lot of golds and not due to this (full of errors) guide. But this is only my opinion :)
      Βασιλεὺς βασιλέων Ὀσυμανδύας εἰμί. Εἰ δέ τις εἰδέναι βούλεται πηλίκος εἰμὶ καὶ ποῦ κεῖμαι, νικάτω τι τῶν ἐμῶν ἔργων.
      Ozymandias I am, King of Kings. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.