Next S1 round Sturm und Drang

• TS1

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Forgive the double post, but this post has nothing to do with the previous post and is frankly too important to incorporate into the nonsense and fun of my previous post.

The players of s1 deserve and have every right to demand a round that is filled with friendly fun rivalry. The pool of players has narrowed to the point that we need to change the way we play. This includes not only our in game actions but also our forum and combined skype chat actions. If we as a community of players what to be able to play this game with lots of hammer smashing village bashing good fun, we must leave behind the things that cause ill will among the players. It is up to us to create an atmosphere where at the end of the round we can all get together share some beers and pizza and plan the next round with new mixed up teams.

The majority of players on s1 have friends in every quad. These friendships are more valuable than any spying or sabotage to get a win. To this end the leaders of the teams in the 4 quads agreed to no spying or sabotage.

We also need to be cognizant of our tone here on the forums and in the combined Skype chats....poking fun back and forth is good fun and makes for a lively interchange. Being deliberately hurtful, bringing up the past to disparage people and generally causing a hostile environment is not okay.
      Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

The post was edited 1 time, last by m.hudson ().

• Foley?_COM wrote:

Vinit144 wrote:

Or, if any team is willing to play with 10-15 players who will be in a different alliance as a confed maybe?
      Come to the NW, probably more open to diplomacy than the SE.
      Wow.. I haz open door to displomacies..

Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

we must leave behind the things that cause ill will among the players. It is up to us to create an atmosphere where we can all get together.
      Soo less catting, and more huggling.. Seems like raid numbers will continue to be low for the S/W players..

Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

The players of s1 deserve and have every right to demand a round that is filled with friendly fun rivalry. The pool of players has narrowed to the point that we need to change the way we play. This includes not only our in game actions but also our forum and combined skype chat actions.

We also need to be cognizant of our tone here on the forums and in the combined Skype chats....
      .....she said with a straight face, as TG is actively pushing us all away..
      ..also, skype chats..are we going to be in a time out for speaking our minds there..? Policing here is one thing, free speech in a chat room is another..
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • odinloki_US wrote:

Seems like raid numbers will continue to be low for the S/W players..
      I know it's only week 2 but with less than half the members of the other quads..? A sign of things to come I tells ya..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

• Its easy to misunderstand the written words, without tone, or expressions. it's also easy deliberately misinterpret and spin what is said. Opinions and perspective are just that. Someone's opinion. Not necessarily facts. Just perspective.

I find it interesting that taking your agression out in a war game, apparently isn't enough for people. Its not enough to kill someone in game. Now, it is only enjoyable if you come to the forums, or create a skype room of hundreds, in order to taunt and needle others, unceasingly. They don't agree with your perspective? Then it's time to escalate the conversation and "free speech" to berate, derision and bullying. It appears there is a difference of opinion as to what constitutes "poking fun". You want to call me a lousy leader, horrible hammer, or whatever? Fine. Prove it. But personal attacks are, IMO, over the top.
      S1 R8 SIO - Win
      S4 R8 SIO - Win
      S3 R9 FWB - Win.

S1 -to be - Win.

The post was edited 3 times, last by m.hudson ().

• Foley?_COM wrote:

Did I miss something?
      drama.. Soo, no.. Travian the game, forums and skype need safe places evidently..

Vinit144 wrote:

Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

*Wall of text*
      Um, okay?
      Exactly..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• I am sorry that some of you are so set in your ways that you cannot embrace a new way of playing and interacting. It is so sad that you are doing an even better job than TG in driving people away from the game because of your actions and attitudes.
      Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison
    • Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

I am sorry that some of you are so set in your ways that you cannot embrace a new way of playing and interacting. It is so sad that you are doing an even better job than TG in driving people away from the game because of your actions and attitudes.
      Ohh ye of such little guilt.. Must be nice to overlook ones own actions and shuffle the blame in it's entirety unto others..

I however, see things as they truly are..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

I am sorry that some of you are so set in your ways that you cannot embrace a new way of playing and interacting.
      My interpretation:

Leadership: We have a new way of playing
      Players: Cool I'm coming back
      Leadership: We will not bring up grudges from past servers
      Players: Cool I'll bring friends
      Leadership: You can't. We blacklisted them for grudges from past servers.

Server starts.

Players: Why am a blacklisted?
      Leadership: For A, B, C and D
      Players: I never did any of those things
      Leadership: ...
      The Merciful One: Perhaps an apology and amends are in order.
      Leadership: Bullying! I quit.

It's unnecessary drama on all sides. Leaders are meant to lead and not to manage. Lead by example. If we want to move on from the past that means all parties must move on and not just a privileged elite who wants to be forgiven and won't forgive.

It's a dying game. Be nice and finish the last few rounds in style.
      поиск русских друзей ■ 寻找中国朋友
    • Lord Bane wrote:

Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

I am sorry that some of you are so set in your ways that you cannot embrace a new way of playing and interacting.
      My interpretation:
      Leadership: We have a new way of playing
      Players: Cool I'm coming back
      Leadership: We will not bring up grudges from past servers
      Players: Cool I'll bring friends
      Leadership: You can't. We blacklisted them for grudges from past servers.

Server starts.

Players: Why am a blacklisted?
      Leadership: For A, B, C and D
      Players: I never did any of those things
      Leadership: ...
      The Merciful One: Perhaps an apology and amends are in order.
      Leadership: Bullying! I quit.

It's unnecessary drama on all sides. Leaders are meant to lead and not to manage. Lead by example. If we want to move on from the past that means all parties must move on and not just a privileged elite who wants to be forgiven and won't forgive.

It's a dying game. Be nice and finish the last few rounds in style.
      No drama over here in the NW. Friendly faces are welcome and so are faces of friends of friends.
      US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez
    • Quelaana wrote:

Its not enough to kill someone in game. Now, it is only enjoyable if you come to the forums, or create a skype room of hundreds, in order to taunt and needle others.
      ...she said literally just hours before saying this, in a different thread..

Quelaana wrote:

Half the fun of the game was killing someone, the other half was coming here to insult them.
      Which is it.. Is it a bad thing to come here and taunt and needle, or is it a fun thing to come and insult them.. Or is it only a bad thing when the target is a friend of yours..?

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• It's time for us to enjoy this game.

With the drama now out of the All Team S1 Skype room it is
      far a more productive and enjoyable place.

Any one not already in it should join.

It's good for a laugh and making new friends for future servers.

Banzai wrote:

Another round of s1, another round of drama... And nothing too significant has even happened yet. Where can I grab the popcorn?
      You haven't seen anything yet. Last round you only saw SW vs NE drama. This round it'll be SW vs NW vs NE vs SE. Everyone has a history here with everyone else. :thumbsup:
      поиск русских друзей ■ 寻找中国朋友

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lord Bane ().