[Announcement] Natars on S5

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Tzaeny wrote:

Just to confirm, as S5 is a new server, the Natars will be spawning randomly. Plan accordingly!

If you do drop in again Tzaeny, or anyone else that knows the answer, is the randomness set in anyway or is it completely random?

I ask as complete random could mean that all of the Natar spots ended up in the same sector. Indeed, unlikely though it is, theoretically they could all be next to one another in the distant reachs of the north east or something.

It could be argued that to have them equally distributed amongst the sectors or a certain distance between one another would be better. (And it could be argued not.) Just a thought.
    • Austin wrote:

If you do drop in again Tzaeny, or anyone else that knows the answer, is the randomness set in anyway or is it completely random?

I ask as complete random could mean that all of the Natar spots ended up in the same sector. Indeed, unlikely though it is, theoretically they could all be next to one another in the distant reachs of the north east or something.

It could be argued that to have them equally distributed amongst the sectors or a certain distance between one another would be better. (And it could be argued not.) Just a thought.

There'll be the same number as usual in each quadrant I believe.
    • i think this will be better, stop people making Power centres where they know there will be a natar village spawning and makes the game more interesting i pressume :)
    • I personally think it will just end up with more of the larger alliances setting up many different power bases in each segement, and with the big guns covering a larger area it will be harder and harder for smaller players to escape them. I would also say it will cause many players to swiftly lose there villages should a WW spawn next door to them :P
    • Beerwulf wrote:

I personally think it will just end up with more of the larger alliances setting up many different power bases in each segement, and with the big guns covering a larger area it will be harder and harder for smaller players to escape them. I would also say it will cause many players to swiftly lose there villages should a WW spawn next door to them :P

yes..it will be fun knocking them down lol
    • On the servers I've read about that have already had the Natars spawn randomly... they aren't quite so random...

They still spawn closer to the center so that people who have been on the server longer (and usually are larger) have a better chance of taking a spawn site.

Basically, you don't have to worry about 3 sites spawining in one quadrant all around the 300's.