Creating a Village Plan

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Creating a Village Plan

The code at the bottom can be used for your in-game forums too. The guide is meant to be simple and short without the use of pictures as [IMG] tags won't work on a server.

[size=18][b]Sorting out a Village Plan[/b][/SIZE]

[U]My villages are a mess, help?![/U]

What every player needs is a Village Plan. You're playing this game for 12 months and it helps to have some direction and an understanding of what you want to achieve within that time scale. Here is a rough guide which I followed for my first server and know many others who do the same. If you don't have villages to cater for the below sub headings, make sure you have a good reason why that is, or be prepared to change your set up and use what you've got to the best ability you can.

:teuton: Village 01 = Supply
      :teuton: Village 02 = Supply & CP village
      :teuton: Village 03 = Supply & Defense
      :teuton: Village 04 = Supply & Defense
      :teuton: Village 05 = Supply & Raiding
      :teuton: Village 06 = Offensive Army
      :teuton: Village 07 = Cata production
      :teuton: Village 08 = Scout Army

[b]Supply Villages[/b]
      These are used as resource banks only. All fields pushed to level 10, warehouses at level 20 with a storage of /80000. High level Trade Offices to increase merchant carrying capacity. Villages like this are low maintenance, shipping the resources to fund troop creation or to build up the field levels in your capital. When you get to the stage where you are thinking "How many more villages do I really need?", this is what those next ones will be used for.

[b]CP Villages[/b]
      Some players choose to dedicate a village to Culture Points. By doubling it with a supply village, all fields at level 10, the resources are put back into building up the infrastructure of high CP generating buildings. These include Main Building, Embassy, Town Hall, etc. There is NOT space for an Embassy in every village, you will be missing out on vital slots for better buildings. Excess resources are spent on Grand Balls ran back-to-back 24/7.

[b]Defense Villages[/b]
      You may have noticed on other threads that upgrades in the Armoury at level 20 can become very expensive. Villages dedicated to defense have all level 20 upgrades and level 20 Barracks/Stable ready to churn out the troops needed to protect your village. Teutons and Gauls may choose to have a 9c to house Paladin or Druidrider defense with the extra wheat consumption. Most supply villages should double as defense villages, because if one of them ever gets conquered, ALL troops created from there will disappear. So it's essential you build from more than one village. I strongly advise you also build Tournament Squares in these villages for when your troops are sent halfway across the map to help other members in the alliance.

[b]Raiding Villages[/b]
      15 croppers and 9 croppers are good villages to build raiding troops like Equites Imperatoris, Theutates Thunder, and Paladins. These are quick cavalry troops with a high wheat consumption, constantly earning their keep by attacking villages and bringing back the bounties you need to add to your total days production. If you manage to have 3000 of these troops in one village, you can use them to clear for conquers or catapult attacks.

[b]Cata Villages[/b]
      Again these are also often built within spare croppers producing excess wheat. Your main cata army should be created from the same village as your offensive army. But many players find it is helpful to have a back up village of catapults to coordinate with the main hit, or save their own army for personal use and use the separate cata village to fight with the alliance. You may also have villages in different locations on the map and find it helpful to have multiple cata bases. 5 clay villages with wheat oases attached are also useful for cata creation because of the resources needed to pay these expenses.

[b]Scouting Villages[/b]
      Usually a player will have 1 of these or none. In the scouting village you can upgrade your scouts Armoury and Blacksmith levels. These can reinforce your other villages to ensure you are always protected against spying, and also used in mass forces of 1000 to scout those annoying villages you can never get reports for. As the game progresses, more and more players wise up to having scouts, and the more times you fail at getting a report, the more time that player has time to act and move troops out or call for reinforcements, so one of these scouting armies and villages will help avoid a lot of frustration and save time.

[b]Offensive Army Village[/b]
      This will either be your cropper capital, or a separate village depending on your game play and what you use your capital for (some people use the cropper purely for wheat storage, and build their offensive army from a separate village allowing them to build Great Barracks & Stable and increase the potential end result). By creating offensive troops from [U]one village only[/U] you can attack with them at the same time, making your hero bonuses more effective.

[size=18][b]Want to use this guide in-game?[/b][/SIZE]

If you'd like to use this simple guide in your in-game alliance forum, copy and paste the text below:

PHP Source Code

1. [Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler]
      2. [b]QUESTION: My villages are a mess, help!?[/b]
      3. What every player needs is a Village Plan. You're playing this game for 12 months and it helps to have some direction and an understanding of what you want to achieve within that time scale. Here is a rough guide which I followed for my first server and know many others who do the same. If you don't have villages to cater for the below sub headings, make sure you have a good reason why that is, or be prepared to change your set up and use what you've got to the best ability you can.
      4. [Chief] Village 01 = Supply
      5. [Chief] Village 02 = Supply & CP village
      6. [Chief] Village 03 = Supply & Defense
      7. [Chief] Village 04 = Supply & Defense
      8. [Chief] Village 05 = Supply & Raiding
      9. [Chief] Village 06 = Offensive Army
      10. [Chief] Village 07 = Cata production
      11. [Chief] Village 08 = Scout Army
      12. [b]Supply Villages[/b]
      13. These are used as resource banks only. All fields pushed to level 10, warehouses at level 20 with a storage of /80000. High level Trade Offices to increase merchant carrying capacity. Villages like this are low maintenance, shipping the resources to fund troop creation or to build up the field levels in your capital. When you get to the stage where you are thinking "How many more villages do I really need?", this is what those next ones will be used for.
      14. [b]CP Villages[/b]
      15. Some players choose to dedicate a village to Culture Points. By doubling it with a supply village, all fields at level 10, the resources are put back into building up the infrastructure of high CP generating buildings. These include Main Building, Embassy, Town Hall, etc. There is NOT space for an Embassy in every village, you will be missing out on vital slots for better buildings. Excess resources are spent on Grand Balls ran back-to-back 24/7.
      16. [b]Defense Villages[/b]
      17. You may have noticed on other threads that upgrades in the Armoury at level 20 can become very expensive. Villages dedicated to defense have all level 20 upgrades and level 20 Barracks/Stable ready to churn out the troops needed to protect your village. Teutons and Gauls may choose to have a 9c to house Paladin or Druidrider defense with the extra wheat consumption. Most supply villages should double as defense villages, because if one of them ever gets conquered, ALL troops created from there will disappear. So it's essential you build from more than one village. I strongly advise you also build Tournament Squares in these villages for when your troops are sent halfway across the map to help other members in the alliance.
      18. [b]Raiding Villages[/b]
      19. 15 croppers and 9 croppers are good villages to build raiding troops like Equites Imperatoris, Theutates Thunder, and Paladins. These are quick cavalry troops with a high wheat consumption, constantly earning their keep by attacking villages and bringing back the bounties you need to add to your total days production. If you manage to have 3000 of these troops in one village, you can use them to clear for conquers or catapult attacks.
      20. [b]Cata Villages[/b]
      21. Again these are also often built within spare croppers producing excess wheat. Your main cata army should be created from the same village as your offensive army. But many players find it is helpful to have a back up village of catapults to coordinate with the main hit, or save their own army for personal use and use the separate cata village to fight with the alliance. You may also have villages in different locations on the map and find it helpful to have multiple cata bases. 5 clay villages with wheat oases attached are also useful for cata creation because of the resources needed to pay these expenses.
      22. [b]Scouting Villages[/b]
      23. Usually a player will have 1 of these or none. In the scouting village you can upgrade your scouts Armoury and Blacksmith levels. These can reinforce your other villages to ensure you are always protected against spying, and also used in mass forces of 1000 to scout those annoying villages you can never get reports for. As the game progresses, more and more players wise up to having scouts, and the more times you fail at getting a report, the more time that player has time to act and move troops out or call for reinforcements, so one of these scouting armies and villages will help avoid a lot of frustration and save time.
      24. [b]Offensive Army Village[/b]
      25. This will either be your cropper capital, or a separate village depending on your game play and what you use your capital for (some people use the cropper purely for wheat storage, and build their offensive army from a separate village allowing them to build Great Barracks & Stable and increase the potential end result). By creating offensive troops from [u]one village only[/u] you can attack with them at the same time, making your hero bonuses more effective.
      26. [Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler][Senator][Settler]
      Display All
      [/img]
    • very nice basic guide :)

The embassy is a great source of CP and it's like having a mini tea party running 24/7 but as you mentioned it takes up a valuable slot in a village. However a supply village should have room to fit an embassy in and run this with grand balls/tea party but then agian it can depend on the strategy of the player... if they want to expand quickly or something.
    • abyss wrote:

very nice basic guide :)
      The embassy is a great source of CP and it's like having a mini tea party running 24/7 but as you mentioned it takes up a valuable slot in a village. However a supply village should have room to fit an embassy in and run this with grand balls/tea party but then agian it can depend on the strategy of the player... if they want to expand quickly or something.

This certainly won't work for everyone, it's a blanket guide for your average player. Obviously the more experienced you are, the different game plays and strategies you will have.

SpeedRunner wrote:

I was gonna do a village guide :(

You can still do an in-depth guide; this is just a short one i wrote last year before the Academy existed ^^
    • So you don't start buiding off properly until V6? Yeah, right, I'll just do that. Jeez. 1st is spawn and def (and raiding, and a mess), 2nd is cropper, 3rd is off. Utter nonsense. Simming guidelines, might as well explain how to be a farm.
    • I usually loosely follow the same village set up as Avi suggests and its worked well enough for me so I wouldn't pass it off as nonsense at all, although I do agree with you that village one should include def building and raiding. Having your third village as the offense one is premature in my eyes as your not going to be able to keep those queues going in village 1 as well as 3 and pushing resources towards these two queues would then slow down your growth which sets you back in the long run.
      ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
      s1,7 - Raving Cabbage
    • Don't play in a simming/engame alliance, so I am not equipped to comment on your tactics. However, if you don't raid from the get go, you won't grow quickly enough, and will not be able to maintain any kind of off or def if you get into early conflict. You need to take a cropper early, which means raiding enough for those THs and parties. You need to build off/raiders in your 3rd to keep up the momentum. Or you could buy artworks, hero stuff, and spend gold on fast building. Whatever works for you; I suggest that if you have a few aggressive raiders about and you're not prepared to spend gold like water, Avi's advice will get you farmed in pretty short order. Start building def in v3? Really?
    • Early game is all about getting the right ratio of troop building to population growth and as I said in my previous comment I agree with you that raiding in village one is a must. However, if you are hitting the right ratio, managing to maintain a top army while staying in the top 20-30 population rank, village 3 is too soon for a 2nd offensive army. Of course, I look at these things from a gual point of view and the researches and buildings required for TTs will upset your ratio balance between troops and growth which will incidentally slow you down in the long run. So I guess for a teuton your village 3 offensive plan has merit as they may find it easier to spam out macemen from two villages but for a gual (and some extent a roman) this simply doesn't work and you shouldn't be looking at a 2nd offensive village and till village 5 or 6.

Moog wrote:

Don't play in a simming/engame alliance, so I am not equipped to comment on your tactics.

If this is implying I go and settle far out in the boonies simming and waiting for endgame this couldn't be further from the truth. My tactics are from a gual sticking with their spawn in the center and is a tactic that my duels and I use and we have the stats to prove that it works.

Moog wrote:

Or you could buy artworks, hero stuff, and spend gold on fast building. Whatever works for you; I suggest that if you have a few aggressive raiders about and you're not prepared to spend gold like water, Avi's advice will get you farmed in pretty short order.

I haven't mentioned these as they are T4 and the guide was intended for T3. Maybe Avi could edit them in?!?!

Moog wrote:

Start building def in v3

The guide is very basic and Avi admits it is basic. The guide is intended as a village 'plan' rather than a guide so nowhere does it gives timings of 'when' the defence should be built only that village 3 should be a defence builder. If you are raiding heavily there will come a point where v3 and v4 are no longer needed to supply the queues of your main raider and they can then either be used to supply another raider or defence. Since I don't like to be dependant on others if this point is reached I would urge most players to start defence building.
      ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
      s1,7 - Raving Cabbage