Major changes to the T:L Forums Discussion thread

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Major changes to the T:L Forums Discussion thread

Hey folks

Hopefully you have read through all the HQ announcement regarding the Travian legends forum changes

I expect you will have some comments on it so please post them here. I will take any feedback to HQ.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • All our current bespoke icons, ranks and emotes will go. To start with we will have whatever HQ provides but i have disxussed the possibility of bespoke user titles and icons but they are concentrating on getting the migration done for now other things will come later
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• The WvV recent rounds will migrate if they are less than 6 mlnths old. Older rounds will end up on the archive site

The counting game has activity in the last 6 months so will migrate

Black- wrote:

I think it's all about 1 platform for the forum then there will be a tons of subforum for each antion

As the new forum uses multi-lingualism you will only see the language areas that you subscribe to.
      English default will be UK IE if you select EN as a language and then don't select a multi-lingual sub setting you will default to the UK language forums.

So for UK: Interface English :: Multi-lingual EN-UK (Default for English interface)
      so for US: Interface English :: Multi-lingual EN-US

If you wanted to see COM and UK

Interface English :: Multi-lingual EN-UK & EN-COM
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

The post was edited 1 time, last by m.hudson ().

• So I lose my custom user title, my axeman, my rep(?), my post count goes down AND i have to deal with new/different forum software?

Sounds like a great idea for users.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tombo457 ().

• User titles and all current ranks (including EX Crew) will not be migrated.

All Rep will be lost

Signatures, avatars and profile pictures "should" be migrated
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Lord Aslan wrote:

You get points for new threads etc. What if some of the threads posted in the last year that's moved is yours, do you get points for those or is it a totally new start regardless?

I like the idea, might just liven up forum activity.

As i understand it you wont get points unless someone likes your posts after they are migrated
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Or... can see it as and opportunity to make new threads, guides etc knowing it will be appreciated due to a distinct lack of them :)
      Being the owner of quite a few sucessful guides I can say that I personally see this as an opportunity to create even more and even better guides, knowing there will be a real need for them.
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

You get points for new threads etc. What if some of the threads posted in the last year that's moved is yours, do you get points for those or is it a totally new start regardless?

I like the idea, might just liven up forum activity.

Just a clarification, everything that is moved is counted in the user profile. If they have one thread created by them in the current forum and that thread is moved, they will have post count: 1 and activity point: 10 (for example). So everything moved counts for their personal statistics!

If your post/thread is not moved due to the migration cut off limits then you wont receive a postcount or activity point for it of course.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager