Meet The Egyptians Discussion Thread

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Meet The Egyptians Discussion Thread

As you might expect, if an Egyptian Army is at your doors and intents to stay: they might bring Rams and Catapults with them - but not as many as other armies, since Egyptian builders are expensive and charge a lot for their Catapults.

What you think about Egyptian army?

Discuss your thoughts here
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • LemonD wrote:

I was apprently too good for a beta key, FeelsBadMan

Stats wise, not my cup of tea, but will have to wait for the official bday server to get released, before I can truly say if they are good or not.
      Not sure what the criteria was...I've been playing and active on the forum for 10 years and I didn't get any codes either...
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • JohnJohn101 wrote:

notorious crunchie wrote:

Is it true the Egyptians have the potential to receive 300% oasis cropper bonus with they're unique buildin
      This building increases the bonus of all annexed oases. Its maximum effect on level 20 doubles the effect of oases.
      A 300% 15C would be awesome! At lvl20 fields with 25% gold bonus, production would be 289K p/hour
      And then a small diet!

Best part of a 600k hammer in the cap only without going negative!
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

JohnJohn101 wrote:

Is it true the Egyptians have the potential to receive 300% oasis cropper bonus with they're unique buildin
      This building increases the bonus of all annexed oases. Its maximum effect on level 20 doubles the effect of oases.
      A 300% 15C would be awesome! At lvl20 fields with 25% gold bonus, production would be 289K p/hour
      And then a small diet!
      Yeah, but lets be honest here. Who really wants an Egyptian hammer? You can support a lot of troops, but that's because you'll need a lot in order to have any form of offensive power. Their Khopesh warriors are decent, but they cost more resources than other top-teir offensive infantry. They do outrun Imps in terms of production speed though. The Resheph Chariots have the worst offense for top-tier cavalry. Not the cheapest and fastest to train either.

They can go offensive, but I think they're much better suited for defense. You can make use of any oasis and double its value. So a lot of villages that are anvil-producers will have more crop from any oasis that provides some crop bonus. I think the ability to house larger amounts of defense units in every village is where they'll really shine.

They've made mention of heroes having special abilities for F&S. Huns have the movement speed with cavalry, and Egyptians have double the hero resource production. I wonder what the other tribes get (and whether this will become a permanent function).

The post was edited 2 times, last by IronTsunami ().

• notorious crunchie wrote:

JohnJohn101 wrote:

And then a small diet!

IronTsunami wrote:

JohnJohn101 wrote:

And then a small diet!Best part of a 600k hammer in the cap only without going negative!
      Yeah, but lets be honest here. Who really wants an Egyptian hammer? You can support a lot of troops, but that's because you'll need a lot in order to have any form of offensive power. Their Khopesh warriors are decent, but they cost more resources than other top-teir offensive infantry. They do outrun Imps in terms of production speed though. The Resheph Chariots have the worst offense for top-tier cavalry. Not the cheapest and fastest to train either.
      They can go offensive, but I think they're much better suited for defense. You can make use of any oasis and double its value. So a lot of villages that are anvil-producers will have more crop from any oasis that provides some crop bonus. I think the ability to house larger amounts of defense units in every village is where they'll really shine.

They've made mention of heroes having special abilities for F&S. Huns have the movement speed with cavalry, and Egyptians have double the hero resource production. I wonder what the other tribes get (and whether this will become a permanent function).

I agree the Egyptians will make some impressive anvils. But what do you mean that "Huns have movement speed with cavalry" as a hero special ability?
    • pavlovs dog_COM wrote:

IronTsunami wrote:

JohnJohn101 wrote:

And then a small diet!Best part of a 600k hammer in the cap only without going negative!

I agree the Egyptians will make some impressive anvils. But what do you mean that "Huns have movement speed with cavalry" as a hero special ability?
      The hero bonus for Huns is "+3 movement speed with with cavalry only." We're waiting on clarification, because right now all it seems to do is increase the speed of the hero (not the units with it). That will become completely useless once the hero gets a few items.
    • Egyptians get bonus hero res too? Beautiful! That'll help capture the central 150% cropper of the quad. It's all about the simming start!

1 month build with GB & GS, Catas in SW and tier 3 helmets. HDT level 20.

Attack strength:-

Teuton (Clubs) - 6,881,969
      Huns (Axe & T6) - 6,657,277
      Huns (Arch & T6) - 6,647,093
      Roman (EC) - 6,493,155
      Teuton (Axe) - 6,400,280
      Roman (EI) - 6,095,597
      Huns (Axe & T4) - 6,037,058
      Huns (Arch & T4) - 6,026,874
      Gaul (Haeds) - 5,797,822
      Gaul (TT) - 5,268,531
      Egyptian - 5,163,116

Resource cost:-

Huns (Arch & T4) - 74,758,429
      Huns (Axe & T4) - 77,256,115
      Gaul (TT) - 85,569,306
      Teuton (Clubs) - 89,753,426
      Teuton (Axe) - 95,683,272
      Huns (Arch & T6) - 95,712,188
      Huns (Axe & T6) - 98,209,874
      Roman (EI) - 101,939,927
      Gaul (Haed) - 104,109,282
      Egyptian - 104,885,563
      Roman (EC) - 111,967,822

Wheat consumption:-
      Egyptian - 41,859 (91,717)
      Gaul (TT) - 85,889
      Roman (EI) - 89,460
      Roman (EC) - 90,233
      Gaul (Haed) - 93,455
      Huns (Arch & T4) - 96,998
      Teuton (Axe) - 102,679
      Huns (Arch & T6) - 105,228
      Huns (Axe & T4) - 113,287
      Huns (Axe & T6) - 121,518
      Teuton (Clubs) - 129,633

Attack strength/wheat consumption:-

Egyptians - 123.34 (doubled)
      Roman (EC) - 71.95
      Roman (EI) - 68.13
      Huns (Arch & T6) -105,228
      Teut (Axe) - 62.33
      Huns (Arch & T4) - 62.13
      Gaul (Haed) - 62.03
      Gaul (TT) - 61.34
      Huns (Axe & T6) - 54.78
      Huns (Axe & T4) - 53.28
      Teuton (Club) - 53.08

Personally I always find I am unable to keep building 24/7 from GB & GS because of the negative wheat being a pain. (On solo accounts I mean here) so the fact that Egyptians essentially have a small diet aretefact makes then the choice for me
    • "Personally I always find I am unable to keep building 24/7 from GB & GS because of the negative wheat being a pain. (On solo accounts I mean here) so the fact that Egyptians essentially have a small diet aretefact makes then the choice for me"

This for me would be why I'd try an Egyptian hammer in the future. I rarely have the time or inclination to raid when simming a non-cap hammer so the extra res production would help. Though I'll be trying them out for their defensive abilities first.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • you can merge armies into one mighty hammer apparently

there will be no such thing as a hammer village in the anniversary and I would guess no one will be able to queue a GB/GS regardless of duals/gold/raiding :P

every village will have lvl 20 military stuff to not only build massive hammers but rebuild them too, makes sense in view of not needing to kill WW's and every army will probably combine in the capital

no longer will you be able to chief the enemies troop villages. GB/GS obsolete. hammer/anvil in capital?
    • You can merge but it can be quite costly in res or gold, so I generally avoided doing much merging unless I was changing a village from off to def for e.g. You just can't merge siege, settlers, or chiefs.

Big hammers can still be useful, but there's less need to have huge siege numbers. Cap hammer and def in feeders is my preferred approach on an RoA / Fire and Sand.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA