New forum feedback and sugestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Imgur is best for manual uploads. Gyazo, puu.sh etc. are best for screenshots

Regardless however, the attachment feature is preferable as it is already provided by the software, plus you don't need to rely on the 3rd party hosting provider to actually keep the images.
      This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.
    • I merely suggested it on the basis that it automatically handles the uploading, any similar software should be fine. I may be wrong on that though, I'm still old-school and use PrintScreen + Paint + Upload for this purpose.
      This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.
    • I quite like the notifications and the default colour scheme/layout of the forum. Less cartoonish, which helps when checking from work. The main change, I suppose, is that you can log into several domains with one log-in which is nice for those playing on several domains. Makes it easier to lend crew to different domains as well I imagine.

I know I beat a dead horse, but HQ do read this forum, please seperate the embassies (many don't log in when they view the forum, so tweaking settings won't help them).

One question: I used to view "Todays posts" to see the threads that have been posted in recently. wbbs equivalent "active topics today" has threads from all languages listed (aka useless for my need since there are so many). Any way to toggle this/another place I should look? (Am aware of the right hand bar, but this is a bit more limited).
    • Andi wrote:

I quite like the notifications and the default colour scheme/layout of the forum. Less cartoonish, which helps when checking from work. The main change, I suppose, is that you can log into several domains with one log-in which is nice for those playing on several domains. Makes it easier to lend crew to different domains as well I imagine.

I know I beat a dead horse, but HQ do read this forum, please seperate the embassies (many don't log in when they view the forum, so tweaking settings won't help them).

One question: I used to view "Todays posts" to see the threads that have been posted in recently. wbbs equivalent "active topics today" has threads from all languages listed (aka useless for my need since there are so many). Any way to toggle this/another place I should look? (Am aware of the right hand bar, but this is a bit more limited).
      sorry andi there is not a way to filter active topics by domain :(
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • Andi wrote:

I used to use this too and kinda miss it. I say kinda, I'd completely forgotten about it until you mentioned it! :D But it did make catching up on everything a lot easier.

From what I can see, the new way of viewing new domain specific content is via the homepage. It will highlight an area with updates in bold and then new posts in a thread have the "NEW" tag next to them. Not as clean as before though, admittedly.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • please read the userguide as it explains how to just see uk posts or just the domain of your choosing

In summary edit your profile setting English UK as thr main language then in multilingual settings (think of this setting as your domain selection rather than language option) just tick uk for this domain or UK and Com if you also want to see the international domain

The userguide includes images to show you how to do it
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • Where is the user guide? Also where can the forum rules be found?

I tried to find the part in the profile to set English UK as language but without success.

Is there a way of adding links to threads I am interested in, so that instead of seeing "most active threads" and "recent activity" I could have a list of links to the threads I choose to keep an eye on?

Having said that the only reason I ever find this thread is because it shows in "most active threads" and I have found one or two threads I hadn't seen on the old forum :D

Edit: found the forum user guide
    • It has been stated on multiple occasions by now that the forum rules haven't been finalized on the HQ's part. However, they are said to be short and pretty much refer to the game rules and General Terms and Conditions as both are valid on the forum. Even the game rules are mostly just a tl;dr version of the T&C, not entirely, but for the most part.
    • alestorm_UK wrote:

Where is the user guide? Also where can the forum rules be found?

I tried to find the part in the profile to set English UK as language but without success.

Is there a way of adding links to threads I am interested in, so that instead of seeing "most active threads" and "recent activity" I could have a list of links to the threads I choose to keep an eye on?

Having said that the only reason I ever find this thread is because it shows in "most active threads" and I have found one or two threads I hadn't seen on the old forum :D

Edit: found the forum user guide
      If you post in a thread it will become part of your 'watched threads' notifications