New forum feedback and sugestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New forum feedback and sugestions

Hey folks

So some of you are already mentioning things that perhaps are not so user friendly or have ideas to improve. While the general format of the forum is fixed there is the possibility that we can tweak.

Please post your suggestions and feedback below
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

• Maybe when you had <5 number of names this was cool, but currently i think the usernames are messing with the readability of the forum.
      S5 2017 ThePurge: Showtime (dag 150+) #1 avp
      S5 2016 Olympus: S&S
      S5 2015 Panic: The Hulk #1 pop
      S2 2014-2015 CS: Rat Pack #1 avp
      Nlx 2012: Helden #1 avp
    • When you click on (for example) an imgur link, you get sent to a 'dereferer' page. E.g. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I like that it opens in a new tab, but I think the 'dereferer' page is unnecessary. You already know by clicking a link that you're leaving the website.
      Page I'm talking about:
    • Garfield wrote:

Maybe when you had <5 number of names this was cool, but currently i think the usernames are messing with the readability of the forum.

This has already been discussed, I belive someone from HQ is already looking at changing/hiding this section
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Garfield wrote:

When you click on (for example) an imgur link, you get sent to a 'dereferer' page. E.g. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I like that it opens in a new tab, but I think the 'dereferer' page is unnecessary. You already know by clicking a link that you're leaving the website.
      Page I'm talking about:

I hadn't noticed that before :( Will feed that back to HQ
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• m.hudson wrote:

Garfield wrote:

Maybe when you had <5 number of names this was cool, but currently i think the usernames are messing with the readability of the forum.
      This has already been discussed, I belive someone from HQ is already looking at changing/hiding this section
      Yeah they removed it 2 minutes after my post, maybe I reminded them. :thumbsup:
    • On mobile, it seems I can't change my country flag (atleast when I press on it, it doesn't respond) and I can't see any post in another language then my country's, without logging in.
      Is this intended?
    • Mobile devices are not currently supported officially and the forum is provided "as is"

There will be a mobile style and settings in the future but this was not a priority for HQ
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• m.hudson wrote:

Mobile devices are not currently supported officially and the forum is provided "as is"

There will be a mobile style and settings in the future but this was not a priority for HQ
      Who came up with the idea of going with something that doesnt officially support mobile devices? We do live in 2017...

Multiple people have requested to get the server embassies split up like they used to be, will that ever happen? It does seem quite odd and out of place that the servers are mixed together.
    • well it wasnt me ;) I know that anything in this day and age needs to be designed with mobile first agile development but it looks like someone did not get that memo :D

Regarding the embassy, Im not convinced that this is the correct solution and will of course feed that back to HQ
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• HQ have stated that the server embassies will remain in the one place with tags used to denote specific servers.

I will pass your comments about the language/domain selection option to HQ as i think it could be made clearer
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• You can filter out posts in the diplomacy section using the tags. The filtering option is on the right hand side of the screen.

We are working our way through tagging them all by server so that you can just look at the ones you want for your server. Hope this helps!
    • wgn_UK wrote:

With all embassies in one place how have you allocated the MODs?

Moderators are able to moderate all languages hence the universal layout and multi-lingual settings

LemonD wrote:

Suggestion: Make Active topics today only show topics from the servers you have picked in your language (Multilingualism) settings?

I will pass that suggestion to HQ to consider for future updates
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Meme wrote:

You can filter out posts in the diplomacy section using the tags. The filtering option is on the right hand side of the screen.
      The filtering options are not obvious, and judging from the number of other people asking for the embassies to be separated by server I'm not the only one who had to be told how to do this. Before I read this, I was just about to give up trying to find the server I'm currently playing.

m.hudson wrote:

HQ have stated that the server embassies will remain in the one place with tags used to denote specific servers.
      Although the forum overall looks great, and seems to have more functionality, I don't see why all the embassies need to be in one place. Using the filter for my current server then requires the use of a date filter to remove all the old threads. Why not have the embassies separated, but have tags such as "best attack reports" that way people who want to look at multiple servers can do so with the filters.

In order to encourage people like me who don't post often, or to encourage new people to post, I suggest that finding the relevant embassy to the server (and the current round) that someone is playing should be made easier, not more difficult.

I hope HQ does listen to the feedback, it's not a problem with the new forum, just the organisation of the content.