New forum feedback and sugestions

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• i CaNNOt POasT in thE EmbasSIeS beCauSe OF tHE VISuAL DisrUPtioN, i agrEe wITH all Other uNiCoRNs THat wE nEed soMe KiND of VIsUAl sePAraTiON (bArRIERS NOt tags)

maI 1st THouGHT wHEN seeINg The nEw eMBAsSy 4ums wAS OmGwTflOl wUT A mESS!!!!!!!!

tHIS asPECT OF ThE sETuP Is RLY RLy dUM loLoloLolzzZZzZZzz!!!!!
      i LIkE to PRAnCE ThRU tHE wHEAt FIElDS ShOWING ofF MAI prETTy TaIL aND MAnE

• Whilst I do appreciate the Sparklez 'revival', someone here is trolling...

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • Well, as seems to be the general consensus, I'm struggling with the new change. Many of the problems have been discussed thoroughly before, but I would like to add my feedback for HQ as well:

1. The load time for everything is considerably slower. While this does not directly impact performance it is incredibly annoying.
      2. The lack of subforums is going to kill this community. The tag system, and having to use the tag system every time you log in, is not a replacement.
      3. Nothing about the forums is intuitive anymore. Finding threads is not intuitive and even finding the settings is not intuitive. An example of this would be the fact I had to have someone link me to this thread, I could not even find it myself.

To M.Hudson: Thank you for everything. It's so obvious you're doing everything you can for us and I can't thank you enough.

To HQ: What the **** are you all thinking? Not only was this roll out of the new forums full of half truths (see Excel's post), but you seem to not hear any of our feedback. On top of that, you rolled out the ingame skin changes at the same time (for COM and AU) and that's full of bugs as well. While I know this isn't the section to discuss that, it's too many changes (and by changes I also mean bugs) at one time. And my last - and largest gripe with HQ - M.Hudson has worked so hard to redeem your company to so many of us who love the game but don't appreciate HQ. So what do you do for the new forums? You seem to strip any power he has so that he can't help solve our problems, and we all know you don't care enough to help solve them.
    • Way back when (Yes, I'm old) I used to have a lot of fun on the forums and I knew and understood that a lot of the classic fun we had built would be lost in the merge. While I don't play on the forums the way I used to, I still keep an eye and like to see what's happening.

I agree with a great amount of what's been said..

Tags are painful, but if not made mandatory are just going to be a mess.
      No sub-forums is causing a great amount of confusion.

A whole lot of people have been thrown together in one place and they're trying to make allowances for all of them.. or none of them. I'm not sure which.

One thing I know is that M.Hudson will fight and push however he can for things that he believes will make the experience better. He's been doing it behind the scenes where people can't see. I don't foresee that stopping anytime soon. I hope that people continue to give reasoned and constructive feedback to him so he can take it and run with it. He really is the best chance to make these things better. Instead of being in separate boats floating everywhere, we're no\w in one giant ark. I'd like to believe that the people who are here care about the place and are up to the challenge of making it a place that keeps what we loved about the old forum but takes advantage of the new pieces that we now have available. Let's try to direct this to where it needs to be. It won't happen all at once. Some pieces will take time.. But if there are thought out reasons and explanations, things can change.

Flossie Schmumpus wrote:

н-υ-п-т-ε-я_US wrote:

I miss the color green :p

Also, Why some people have the USERNAME_CC (cc = country code) and some people don't?
      You can change your name, I was Flossie Schmumpus_US but I changed it and remove the appendage
      Flossie has been pruned?

SPARKELZ THE UNICORN! wrote:

i CaNNOt POasT in thE EmbasSIeS beCauSe OF tHE VISuAL DisrUPtioN, i agrEe wITH all Other uNiCoRNs THat wE nEed soMe KiND of VIsUAl sePAraTiON (bArRIERS NOt tags)

maI 1st THouGHT wHEN seeINg The nEw eMBAsSy 4ums wAS OmGwTflOl wUT A mESS!!!!!!!!

tHIS asPECT OF ThE sETuP Is RLY RLy dUM loLoloLolzzZZzZZzz!!!!!
      Oh gods. If only it really were Sparkelz.. Such fun could be had.
      Some know me as feanor (~f) Others as The Old Wolf. (~tow) but no matter what, there's always a moment you know.
    • It was self pruning , harsh but necessary.
      Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

|| This area intentionally left blank. ||
      Our Lady of Croppers
      ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~
      The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison
    • Latest from HQ: the current settings are not set in stones (labels instead of subsection and so on), we will re-evaluate all the forum structure and settings in the mid of September.

They have concerns about stability and load times if additional subsections are added but have said they will review once everything is settled.

We have been lucky compared to other domains who have had significant issues with language/translations since the move
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • The Burninator wrote:

rokchick_AU wrote:

Thanks SC. I would, but... I can't remember my skype password. I'll get some work done and PM you a different skype ID later if I can't recover this one (yes I DO use a PW manager, but something weird happened with all the skype entries...)
      Don't worry about skype -- you should join Discord, though ^^
      Well... OK then... I guess... because I really just need more passwords to confuse me. But since I have just killed about 6 Trav forum ones, I' try it.
      Bit busy for the next couple of days, but will buckle down and try again on the weekend!
      There are gods and goddesses. I stand before you as proof.
    • that is 4 different domains so no. Only those who have all 4 domains listed will notice (plus the HQ staff who seem to be closely following the en forums)
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• The new theme has had a noticeable impact on the load time of the forums for me.

I DO however like the colour scheme as it is easy on the eyes.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • One feature I do like is that you can see at a glance what threads you have posted in before as it shows your avatar under the avatar of the OP.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

• Searching in general seems to have been severely nerfed.

On a related note to searching...
      Are the forum rules posted anywhere? I cannot seem to find them.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

• Scarecrow wrote:

Searching in general seems to have been severely nerfed.

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them, too. A thread I posted yesterday seems to have disappeared into the ether without any notice to me, and I didn't put anything particularly objectionable in it, so I'm wondering if there were some significant rule changes that I'm unaware of.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the warning now. So apparently we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics at all on here anymore.

Edit again: Yeah, the "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Woden ().

• Woden wrote:

Edit: Nevermind, I see the warning now. So apparently we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics at all on here anymore.

Edit again: Yeah, the "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.
      Hey Woden,

TG Corporate rules for the forum is absolutely no discussion of real-world politics. Any previous leeway is no longer available to be given. I know that some of the conversations previously were reasonable (not all were, by a longshot <GRIN>), but they are not allowed any longer.

~f
      Some know me as feanor (~f) Others as The Old Wolf. (~tow) but no matter what, there's always a moment you know.
    • BlackBlade wrote:

I have attached an image where a deleted thread is showing. Is that normal?
      There is an issue with that. HQ are working on a solution. The CM for that domain should move the thread to a temp holding area untill a fix is found.

Woden wrote:

Scarecrow wrote:

Searching in general seems to have been severely nerfed.

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them, too. A thread I posted yesterday seems to have disappeared into the ether without any notice to me, and I didn't put anything particularly objectionable in it, so I'm wondering if there were some significant rule changes that I'm unaware of.

They will be in that area once HQ provide them . The new rules will be short and most likely just direct you toi the Game Rules and T&C which are valid for both forum and game
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager