New forum feedback and sugestions

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Eric Rasputin wrote:

ECH0 wrote:

Woden wrote:

Scarecrow wrote:

Searching in general seems to have been severely nerfed.

On a related note to searching...
      Are the forum rules posted anywhere? I cannot seem to find them.
      Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them, too. A thread I posted yesterday seems to have disappeared into the ether without any notice to me, and I didn't put anything particularly objectionable in it, so I'm wondering if there were some significant rule changes that I'm unaware of.Edit: Nevermind, I see the warning now. So apparently we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics at all on here anymore.
      Edit again: Yeah, the "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.
      I get that the moderators don't want the rules to be broken but it's kind of hard for posters to do that when the posters don't know what the rules are...
      Well, lets give the mods/HQ some time to put the rules together. They did make a huge change so they might be busy. Until then, lets go with the trial and error method. Post whatever you want to post and if it is against the rules, I'm sure Matt would send you a PM right away.
      Maybe it's just me but they had the forums down for quite some time; I would have thought that HQ would have had the ability to put the rules together in that time.

I don't think trial and error is really the best way to go about this, especially when they're handing out warnings for a new rule that hasn't been elaborated on too much. I know that real life political discussion is not permitted, however, is discussing the account of a player that is named after a prominent political figure permissible? What if I wanted to mention that that player's wall was getting destroyed? Or that they keep getting attacked by an alliance that is named after another prominent political figure? Would I even be allowed to have put the names of the players in this example?

Kurtz wrote:

We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!

FA Belladonna wrote:

Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.
    • I think we can all agree that it is not the ideal solution, but Traviangames has to protect its business in these countries. Ultimately, we are using the forums of an online game, and offtopic discussion could even be completely prohibited, but TG has chosen to merely limit it to topics less likely to get them banned in certain countries.

I remember the measures taken when the first bans happened and I found it ridiculous, but I have later come to understand why these actions were necessary. For the playerbase, game comes first, offtopic comes second. If the game got banned again, there would be no game to play for the people living in these countries (and yes, TG has to make money too).

You are more likely to find better political discussion in Reddit or a dedicated forum anyway.

And you do not have to go for trial and error, just read the game rules and T&C.
      This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.
    • ECH0 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

ECH0 wrote:

Woden wrote:

Scarecrow wrote:

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them, too. A thread I posted yesterday seems to have disappeared into the ether without any notice to me, and I didn't put anything particularly objectionable in it, so I'm wondering if there were some significant rule changes that I'm unaware of.Edit: Nevermind, I see the warning now. So apparently we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics at all on here anymore.Edit again: Yeah, the "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.
      I get that the moderators don't want the rules to be broken but it's kind of hard for posters to do that when the posters don't know what the rules are...
      Well, lets give the mods/HQ some time to put the rules together. They did make a huge change so they might be busy. Until then, lets go with the trial and error method. Post whatever you want to post and if it is against the rules, I'm sure Matt would send you a PM right away.
      Maybe it's just me but they had the forums down for quite some time; I would have thought that HQ would have had the ability to put the rules together in that time.
      I don't think trial and error is really the best way to go about this, especially when they're handing out warnings for a new rule that hasn't been elaborated on too much. I know that real life political discussion is not permitted, however, is discussing the account of a player that is named after a prominent political figure permissible? What if I wanted to mention that that player's wall was getting destroyed? Or that they keep getting attacked by an alliance that is named after another prominent political figure? Would I even be allowed to have put the names of the players in this example?

HQ have said they are writing rules for the forum but they are based entirely on the game rules and terms and conditions. Quite simply read and follow them and you will be fine (anyone playing should be familier with them anyway)

If a players account is named after a political figure you should report them to the MH since that is not permitted.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • m.hudson wrote:

ECH0 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

ECH0 wrote:

Woden wrote:

Scarecrow wrote:

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them, too. A thread I posted yesterday seems to have disappeared into the ether without any notice to me, and I didn't put anything particularly objectionable in it, so I'm wondering if there were some significant rule changes that I'm unaware of.Edit: Nevermind, I see the warning now. So apparently we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics at all on here anymore.Edit again: Yeah, the "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.
      Maybe it's just me but they had the forums down for quite some time; I would have thought that HQ would have had the ability to put the rules together in that time.I don't think trial and error is really the best way to go about this, especially when they're handing out warnings for a new rule that hasn't been elaborated on too much. I know that real life political discussion is not permitted, however, is discussing the account of a player that is named after a prominent political figure permissible? What if I wanted to mention that that player's wall was getting destroyed? Or that they keep getting attacked by an alliance that is named after another prominent political figure? Would I even be allowed to have put the names of the players in this example?
      HQ have said they are writing rules for the forum but they are based entirely on the game rules and terms and conditions. Quite simply read and follow them and you will be fine (anyone playing should be familier with them anyway)

If a players account is named after a political figure you should report them to the MH since that is not permitted.
      Makes sense to me. Does that apply to alliances too?

Kurtz wrote:

FA Belladonna wrote:

• m.hudson wrote:

yes also alliances and any political village names/profile content etc ingame also
      What about old political figures or institutions? like Che Guevara or The Ottoman Empire or The Third Reich?
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • This thread has gotten quite long so forgive me if I missed it.

It would be really nice if for filtering only the enabled languages showed up. English (US) being at the bottom of the list I need to scroll the page down to select it then back up to hit the button and/or make any other changes I might need.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • Thank you to the CMs and moderators and other Travian staff I have seen answering questions and helping people navigate these new forums. You are doing a wonderful job helping us find our way.

Travian HeadQuarters, you don't have the new forum rules ready? All of the timing was all yours, there is absolutely no reason to not have had the rules ready for the opening of the new forums. In case you haven't noticed, you have a lot players who use the forum as part of their game play and it keeps them interested in the game. You are alienating some of your biggest fans.
      Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

|| This area intentionally left blank. ||
      Our Lady of Croppers
      ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~
      The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison
    • So I'm pretty sure that there's a rule against showing the content of messages publicly?

Regardless, I've been told that mentioning a political figure is fine because it isn't a political message...

They mentioned that Washington would be fine as an account name...?

On another note, I like the new way to get italics. :)

Kurtz wrote:

FA Belladonna wrote:

• Where will I get my giggles from now? It was so easy to have a huge ego boost whenever needed by poking or responding to dipsticks......
      Insert sadface... twitter is too twittery...
      There are gods and goddesses. I stand before you as proof.
    • rokchick wrote:

Where will I get my giggles from now? It was so easy to have a huge ego boost whenever needed by poking or responding to dipsticks......
      Insert sadface... twitter is too twittery...

I gUESS yOUR JUST GoNNa HAve to geT a LiFE loLOlolZzz!!!!!

i SUGgEsT PRanCING bUT DON'T WaNt WHIne aLl oVer mAI fiELdS LOl
      i LIkE to PRAnCE ThRU tHE wHEAt FIElDS ShOWING ofF MAI prETTy TaIL aND MAnE

• ECH0 wrote:

So I'm pretty sure that there's a rule against showing the content of messages publicly?

Regardless, I've been told that mentioning a political figure is fine because it isn't a political message...

They mentioned that Washington would be fine as an account name...?

On another note, I like the new way to get italics. :)
      The rule about not sharing the content of a message is in the game rules.

§6. Netiquette
      • § 6.6 Messages within the game may only be published with the consent of both parties. Publishing messages or emails to or from Travian: Legends staff is forbidden, unless given explicit consent.
      This has also always been a rule on the .us forums. This is not a change.

And it has already been stated but it you are not sure if a name would be considered within the rules for in-game use, please contact in-game staff. This means the Multihunters. Using Washington like your example is normally fine for an IGN or villa name. Even Jefferson would be fine since I can think of a few cities in the U.S. named Jefferson. A lot of this comes down to using common sense.

And as a gentle reminder, this thread is for feedback and suggestions. Please try to stay on topic.

Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • Now its my chance to complain.

1. I like the new color of the forums. It's nice and pleasing to the eye. But, please try to bring back the Fluid Black skins. I like the black version of travian forums better.
      2. It sucks that my post count was reduced by 700, I'd like that count back please.
      3. The forum is fluid and nice. Everything is loading smoothly. But if I want to access the forums from the Travian.com website from a mobile phone, it is near impossible to click the button. You guys don't have to change your game to adapt the phone, but atleast try to change the front page so that it is easier to register or access the forums.
      4. As everyone has pointed out.... Sub forums. As a regular Mafia player, It's become hard for me to locate the game thread because The dump, Gen chat the RPG forum was dumped into one. Please do bring a proper segregation of threads and sub forums.
      5. Love the new like/dislike button.

These are all the things I like and dislike about the new forum. Unfortunately, I haven't start playing Travian for a while now so I can't give constructive critisicm on that.

HQ did a good job, but did an even better job of confusing us and making us hate the forum. I suggest the HQ to listen to their fan base.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.