New forum feedback and sugestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i have asked for a high contrast skin like the old black one.

Post counts are based on juat what was imported not how many posts yiu used to have.

We have asked for the following: albums. Subforums. Server embassys or mumti tag filtering. More tags for other areaa. Black theme. Fix quotes. Ability to change registrsion date to reflect better old registraion time

And many more
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • I am not sure if the following issue shows up on the computer version, but it definitely is a mobile issue:

When you click on a section like Tavern, for instance, you see a list of threads on one side and avatars attached to them on the other. If I have posted in any of those threads, the pic shows the large avatar of the thread creator, and my little avatar overlapping it. That's great, actually. The problem is found on threads I have not posted in. The avatar displaying is not the thread creator, but the last person to post.

It's not consistent. This is a small thing, granted, but the thread creator should always be the avatar showing next to the thread.
      KoN (S5) TLDR (S3), CIN & PAN (tournie)
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

These are all the things I like and dislike about the new forum. Unfortunately, I haven't start playing Travian for a while now so I can't give constructive critisicm on that.

HQ did a good job, but did an even better job of confusing us and making us hate the forum. I suggest the HQ to listen to their fan base.
      i RLy Rly lIEK ThE nEw LIKE/dISLIKe BUtTONS buT I aM KiNDa Sad ThAt YOU don't GeT nOTIfIED Or DiNgED For DIsLIKes cuZ OTherWise thERE is sOME nedderLaNds GUy ThAt WOn't Be awARE That Some oF hIS sTUFF Is Dum aND/or RUde :(

I DoN't rEALLy AgREE wITH you oN cOLoR, It'S HaRD fOr Me to SEE CeRtaiN thINgS ON ThEse fOrumS anD iT hurTS MY EyeS

I sEE The MAIN pRObLEm wITh THE NEw ForUm Is ThaT It Is NOT user frIEndlY at AlL, wE ALreaDY HaVe eNoUGH proBlems GEttING nEw peOPle loLolOlzZzz!!
      i LIkE to PRAnCE ThRU tHE wHEAt FIElDS ShOWING ofF MAI prETTy TaIL aND MAnE

• I've noticed an uptick in spam, though all on the COM language setting. It isn't that big a deal as long as it is dealt with quickly but it was rare to see previously.

So I went to add a table into my signature, the text of which filled around 160 characters. Yet with the table I get a warning that it exceeds the 500 character limit. That seems kind of absurd. Formatting things should not count toward the limit.

Edit: On the subject of tables it would be nice if they could be a bit more user friendly. It can be quite annoying to format only a certain column for example.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlackBlade ().

• Thats because this forum does not have the double spam filter software that we had on VB it also does not have the special new users group where the first posts have to be approved by a crew member.
      As a result everyone gets to see the spam straight off.

I will ask HQ to look at sigs and if BB code can be exempted from the limit
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • One piece of feedback about something that confused the heck out of me for the first few minutes.
      Topics in Bug section are either marked "Undone" or "Done".
      As undone is also used in a phrase like "The damage cannot be undone", this confused me at first.

Asides from that confusion, it just looks stupid as well.
      Can you change it to unsolved and solved?
      That's way better in terms of bug fixing as well.

Mod/MH/SH (aug 2007 - feb 2010) // MH (sept 2015)
    • Muchacho NL wrote:

One piece of feedback about something that confused the heck out of me for the first few minutes.
      As undone is also used in a phrase like "The damage cannot be undone", this confused me at first.

So, you are kind of elaborately choosing these words -or just by coincidence- to match your signature?

Instead of words, you can choose coloured signs, a Green for fixed, and a red for bug!

Avicenna wrote:

That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.

Rumi wrote:

What you are seeking is also seeking you.
    • Hunter wrote:

Muchacho NL wrote:

One piece of feedback about something that confused the heck out of me for the first few minutes.

So, you are kind of elaborately choosing these words -or just by coincidence- to match your signature?
      Instead of words, you can choose coloured signs, a Green for fixed, and a red for bug!

LOL, that was all coincidence.
      But there is already red and green in there, but the mouse-over and alternative text say undone and done.

Mod/MH/SH (aug 2007 - feb 2010) // MH (sept 2015)
    • Muchacho NL wrote:

Hunter wrote:

Muchacho NL wrote:

So, you are kind of elaborately choosing these words -or just by coincidence- to match your signature?Instead of words, you can choose coloured signs, a Green for fixed, and a red for bug!
      LOL, that was all coincidence.
      But there is already red and green in there, but the mouse-over and alternative text say undone and done.
      Also, red-green color blindness is a thing, so not exactly the best choice of differentiation.
    • Woden wrote:

Muchacho NL wrote:

Hunter wrote:

So, you are kind of elaborately choosing these words -or just by coincidence- to match your signature?Instead of words, you can choose coloured signs, a Green for fixed, and a red for bug!
      LOL, that was all coincidence.But there is already red and green in there, but the mouse-over and alternative text say undone and done.
      Also, red-green color blindness is a thing, so not exactly the best choice of differentiation.
      Green with tick sign/check mark, red with wrong sign/exclamation mark.

Avicenna wrote:

That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.

Rumi wrote:

What you are seeking is also seeking you.